This is looking incredible, and I can't wait to see it at ReaperCon!  ::):

1 person likes this

Super!

1 person likes this

Amazing stuff!  

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, robinh said:

I like the new shop.   

Looking at the walls the crumbling plaster look is perfect.

The new window means we will see more of the interior and thus more stuff within the shop which can only lead to more eye candy for your loving fans! :wub:

I am happy the crumbling plaster look came across, that is what I was after. It still needs refining but it is good to know I am on the right track. That is exactly why I decided to possibly ruin everything by making the window. I have posters I want to put on the walls that would have been difficult to see otherwise. Downside is that now I have one less wall to put them on.

2 hours ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

This is looking incredible, and I can't wait to see it at ReaperCon!  ::):

Thanks! Hopefully I can get everything done in time so it can make it to con.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Super!

1 hour ago, Rahz said:

Amazing stuff!  

Thank you!

3 people like this

Maelee is almost done, just need to finishe the wrench and goggles and do the metallics.

66C0EDA9-5161-486A-A8F3-C25A879472FD.thumb.jpeg.995286c3e0011b961f75b81a53aa6eac.jpeg

16 people like this

Ooh, I see the wrench is made by Channellock. Nice choice!

Particularly for the color, I dig the blue.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Sanael said:

Ooh, I see the wrench is made by Channellock. Nice choice!

Particularly for the color, I dig the blue.

Interesting, it is almost the exact color of Channellock tools, purely unintentional on my part. I went the blue as the walls are a pale blue and I wanted to bring a like color onto Maelee. Likewise, the base will have some of the olive green, pink, and the brighter blue on it.

3 people like this

Her skin tones are wonderful and her face is done beautiful.  Super impressive.

Edited by rfusca
2 people like this

I have fallen back on commenting this one so badly, I will never be able to catch up to this

Let's see ...

I am looking forward to seeing the window finished.

But I am not buying that rusty (?) exterior wall. For me the colour of the wall doesn't look like it supports rust. It looks more like a normal house wall, so for me using rust on it doesn't work.

The mechanic ... hm. I told you that before, but here I go again: I guess I put away my brushes, darken my room and cry for the rest of my life. This is the fourth week in a row a cannot paint and as of now that will continue until early January - and what do I see? You launch such a beautiful girl. Man, if it wasn't so sad for my ego, I would cheer to you. Well - I do. This is awesome and I totally look forward to seeing her with all those other miniatures.

So continue and get her done!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, rfusca said:

Her skin tones are wonderful and her face is done beautiful.  Super impressive.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I have fallen back on commenting this one so badly, I will never be able to catch up to this

Let's see ...

I am looking forward to seeing the window finished.

But I am not buying that rusty (?) exterior wall. For me the colour of the wall doesn't look like it supports rust. It looks more like a normal house wall, so for me using rust on it doesn't work.

The mechanic ... hm. I told you that before, but here I go again: I guess I put away my brushes, darken my room and cry for the rest of my life. This is the fourth week in a row a cannot paint and as of now that will continue until early January - and what do I see? You launch such a beautiful girl. Man, if it wasn't so sad for my ego, I would cheer to you. Well - I do. This is awesome and I totally look forward to seeing her with all those other miniatures.

So continue and get her done!

Yeah, I have been debating the rust on the wall as well. I was going for a post apoc scene using Fallout 4 as inspiration but the buildings in there have more rust than I did and it worked better with the other wall that also has rust. Now it is just the one and quite a bit of it was going to be covered up with scavenged road signs anyways. I think I will paint over it and just dirty it up with washes and pigment. Who knows, maybe it was repainted semi recently. I am also going to try to lighten up the metals as it is too dark and shinny for old, rusted corrugated metal. 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Yeah, I have been debating the rust on the wall as well. I was going for a post apoc scene using Fallout 4 as inspiration but the buildings in there have more rust than I did and it worked better with the other wall that also has rust. Now it is just the one and quite a bit of it was going to be covered up with scavenged road signs anyways. I think I will paint over it and just dirty it up with washes and pigment. Who knows, maybe it was repainted semi recently. I am also going to try to lighten up the metals as it is too dark and shinny for old, rusted corrugated metal. 

The problem I have got with this whole wall is that it looks more like a concrete wall than a metal one.

But if you say you have got a solution for it, then I'll be waiting for your next steps.

2 people like this

Your skin work is top notch!  I really love this project!

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Your skin work is top notch!  I really love this project!

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

The problem I have got with this whole wall is that it looks more like a concrete wall than a metal one.

But if you say you have got a solution for it, then I'll be waiting for your next steps.

Well, I was going for a painted metal look, they are too thin to be concrete. I think I will paint over the rust and go from there. I found the screen shot below that sort of show the look that i would like. As you can see there is actually little rust and it is not in big splotches like I did. I think I can replicate something similar but I have very little time and a million things to do so we will see what happens.

Spoiler

landscape-1447169215-fallout4.png

1 person likes this

As I said: If you say you have got a solution, I will wait for further.

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

As I said: If you say you have got a solution, I will wait for further.

You wont have to wait too long, I hope to have it mostly done tomorrow. :unsure:

Edited by SGHawkins09