SGHawkins09

"The 'Bot Shop" Bombshell Miniatures Diorama

66 posts in this topic

I know time is short, but I have comments about your rusted roof.  It doesn't look right. If you look at pictures of rusty corrugated roofing, the rust tends to run in lines parallel to the channels and ridges.  Yours looks like painted on splotches.  Also, roofing oxidizes before it rusts so it will be a soft grey color, not silver. 

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I know time is short, but I have comments about your rusted roof.  It doesn't look right. If you look at pictures of rusty corrugated roofing, the rust tends to run in lines parallel to the channels and ridges.  Yours looks like painted on splotches.  Also, roofing oxidizes before it rusts so it will be a soft grey color, not silver. 

Thanks for the input! Those are two of the major things I have allotted time for, the roof is still very much at the beginning stages. Still a lot of tweaking to be done overall on this base. 

1 person likes this

Getting closer to finishing the base but have to call it quits for tonight. I should be able to finishing everything for this in time. Now can I finish my other remaining entry as well, who knows.:unsure:

EAB28179-F843-4427-8A73-1D1EB3D37324.thumb.jpeg.c3851e9c715d87ee786479812eccceb1.jpegC1D964DB-E947-4B30-A6E6-C3F63708C798.thumb.jpeg.d255fc0e5857dfc4bc42f7550a10200c.jpeg278612DD-84D3-4753-8A49-BD30471D77BB.thumb.jpeg.02aeacfbeef63caf8caeb0c694b6708b.jpeg

11 people like this

Wow, that was a marathon of painting and I am done. I don’t care how well it does, it turned out like I wanted and that’s all that matter. I will give it a once over tomorrow when I am not falling asleep, I did not realize it had gotten so late. So final pictures, with a blurry one of the posters. Hope you like the surprise in the back.

92ACDC40-CE82-4CC4-9BBA-7EE9D4608415.thumb.jpeg.5fccf8fcadeb24a00f3c8dd34fd28825.jpeg2EF82A73-1CEB-4F4D-8DD9-1F6AF25F793B.thumb.jpeg.de6367d0528cd3e1ea95ef08fd29e9e4.jpegF7C0F4F1-B2D3-4870-B405-31BDBE585FBA.thumb.jpeg.f4c88db95fe6d2e3fcc563d19621b7ee.jpegAFDF9521-4844-47BA-9DC7-BB5F8BB6F806.thumb.jpeg.c7e6fb5106bd1eba7781f09133a03cbe.jpeg

Edited by SGHawkins09
13 people like this

That is so good! Does that little dino have a wrench? It's a really nice little scene and you should be proud of it!

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Pochi said:

That is so good! Does that little dino have a wrench? It's a really nice little scene and you should be proud of it!

Yep, he does. :lol:

4 people like this

Great piece!

I love the Bot chasing the Dinodog!

3 people like this

Yaaaas! Some really awesome details in this piece. I love the scene out back, and I really like the inert bot sitting out front. The weathering looks great all around.

3 people like this

perfect!

2 people like this

For a moment there I was wondering what the round white things on the roof were. 

:blink:

Need more coffee...

(Very well done BTW)

2 people like this

Turned out fantastic, you should be very proud!

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great piece!

I love the Bot chasing the Dinodog!

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

Yaaaas! Some really awesome details in this piece. I love the scene out back, and I really like the inert bot sitting out front. The weathering looks great all around.

2 hours ago, robinh said:

perfect!

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

For a moment there I was wondering what the round white things on the roof were. 

:blink:

Need more coffee...

(Very well done BTW)

:lol:

5 minutes ago, rfusca said:

Turned out fantastic, you should be very proud!

Thanks everyone!

2 people like this

This is a wonderful piece!

I love all the hidden details.

2 people like this

Awsome! Lots of details, and the little dino is fun. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, klarg1 said:

This is a wonderful piece!

I love all the hidden details.

1 hour ago, LarsM said:

Awsome! Lots of details, and the little dino is fun. 

Thanks! 

1 person likes this