72moonglum

Ral Partha Bones of the Past and Warrior Priest(ess)

The faces are awesome!

I'm in awe, these minis are small and yet so much detail in the face!

Wonderful!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The faces are awesome!

I'm in awe, these minis are small and yet so much detail in the face!

Wonderful!

Thanks Glitterwolf! Very kind, I really did enjoy doing their faces.  In itself, I'm putting together a little tutorial of sorts on eyes, nothing original, but using these and two other miniatures as examples, and it really is painful looking at your work super close up zoomed in as much as possible I have to say. I'm glad they look a little better a bit further back from the camera!

• Like 1

I wish I could highlight like this especially the blacks. And the expressions on their faces are just awesome! Looking forward to the afore-mentioned tutorial :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VolksFest said:

I wish I could highlight like this especially the blacks. And the expressions on their faces are just awesome! Looking forward to the afore-mentioned tutorial :)

We shall see if it comes to fruition....

• Like 1

The Dark Haired Beauty is an old favorite; her Blonde Associate is new to me.  In both cases they are LOVELY  creations that bring the old miniatures to a new level. Your deft hand with the brush, eye for colors, & fine basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Dark Haired Beauty is an old favorite; her Blonde Associate is new to me.  In both cases they are LOVELY  creations that bring the old miniatures to a new level. Your deft hand with the brush, eye for colors, & fine basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus!  I think Jee-Anna has had a bunch of different incarnations in a bunch of different Partha lines over time, but the blonde chick was only in one set, Bones of the Past, based off that Larry Elmore painting, and I'd honestly only recently found out about it. I really like the figures in this set though. There are three, the scantily clothed one with a flute, no weapon, this gal carrying a sack of something, no weapon, and the other one is an older wizardly gentleman with a staff, no weapon.  All three very cool fantasy figures, but none of the three is packing heat ready for battle. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening folks,

So here is one I just finished up, a really old school Partha Piece, don't recall her original name, but she's some kind of sorceress or Dragon Lady. Sculpted by Tom Meier, this one didn't have a year on the bottom, but I think this was probably sculpted originally 1977-1979 or so.  I did the base as just one flat blue color, that as I look at it, I'm regretting. I might go back and do a little something with it. I didn't want to do a natural, grass and dirt base, because I didn't want to hide any of the dragon, who is not too large.

• By Lidless Eye
      Here's a big batch of miniatures, no common theme, that I finished recently.

The "Eyedra" assembled as the more generic Hydra option, from "Dark Platypus Games".  Thanks to the Reaper Box of Goodwill for this one.

A Ral Partha "Dwarf Thief", more suited as a Gnome to modern scale, also acquired from the Box of Goodwill.

To celebrate their return to 5E in "Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes", a Giff, 3D printed from designs from the wonderful DM Workshop.

A Goblin Monk.  I believe he's originally an Orcling from Foundry/Warmonger.

Another Goblin, perhaps an Alchemist.  A Warhammer Snotling.

A Dire Pillbug, originally intended as a Myconid Mount, from "Ganesha Games", in their "Fightin' Fungi" range.

Also of note is the backdrop, which are my in progress 3D printed Caverns set from "Printable Scenery"
    • By Crowley
      A DCC RPG boxed setting for Lankhmar, officially licensed by the estate of Fritz Leiber. Adventure with Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser!

There are three basic pledge levels:
      The PDF pledge level includes an electronic edition of the final boxed set. (Obviously there will be no box!) This level does not include any physical rewards, add-ons or stretch goals. The boxed set includes the core boxed set as described above. All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. Some of the physical stretch goals will apply to this level, generally those that fit in the box. The final level includes the boxed set as well as the "print pack." All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. All of the physical stretch goals will apply, as well. Those that do not fit in the box will be shipped in a separate "print pack." See below for more information on these stretch goals.  
      Stretch Goals
      DCC Lankhmar continues a long tradition in RPG gaming, and we want to do right by the estate of Fritz Leiber. The stretch goals associated with this Kickstarter will help create an even more amazing tribute to the world of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.
      Stretch goals fall into three categories:
      PDF stretch goals that all backers receive Print stretch goals that can fit into the boxed set, which will be included with any pledge that has the physical boxed set The "Print Pack," which is a printed collection of the stretch goals which don't fit in the boxed set Here is a rough outline of possible stretch goals, which may evolve as the Kickstarter continues.
      At $40,000: Cleared! We will add a new Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $60,000: We will print the poster map larger (included in boxed set)
      At $80,000: We will add a second Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $100,000: We will add a supplement called "A Dozen Lankhmar Locations," which will provide information, maps, and floorplans on setting adventures in a dozen famous Lankhmar locales (including the Silver Eel!) (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $120,000: We will add a third Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $140,000: We will add a supplement called "Random NPCs in Lankhmar," which will provide tables and information for generating random NPCs that your PCs can encounter in Lankhmar (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $160,000: We will add a fourth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $180,000: We will add a Lankhmar-themed three-panel Judges Screen (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $200,000: We will add a fifth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $220,000: We will add a cloth map in the boxed set (print copy in the boxed set)
      At $240,000: We will add a sixth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $250,000: We will add send Michael Curtis to Houston for a week to research the Fritz Leiber archives in the University of Houston. We anticipate this may result in a new product of some kind to be delivered to backers of this Kickstarter, but exactly what we'll discover in the archives - and what product may result from it - can't be determined until Michael sets foot in the archives!
    • By Disserrma
      This is one of the figures I nabbed from the recent BoGW.  Our group is currently running Rise of the Runelords, so my husband the DM was very happy to gain another ogre.  It is hard to tell in the photos, but the nasty looking sword in back was done in folkart color shift green flash paint for a nasty looking magic weapon.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)