72moonglum

Ral Partha Bones of the Past and Warrior Priest(ess)

12 posts in this topic

The faces are awesome!

I'm in awe, these minis are small and yet so much detail in the face!

Wonderful!

2 people like this

Really excellent. 

1 person likes this

Love those crisp blacks!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The faces are awesome!

I'm in awe, these minis are small and yet so much detail in the face!

Wonderful!

Thanks Glitterwolf! Very kind, I really did enjoy doing their faces.  In itself, I'm putting together a little tutorial of sorts on eyes, nothing original, but using these and two other miniatures as examples, and it really is painful looking at your work super close up zoomed in as much as possible I have to say. I'm glad they look a little better a bit further back from the camera!

1 person likes this

I wish I could highlight like this especially the blacks. And the expressions on their faces are just awesome! Looking forward to the afore-mentioned tutorial :)

1 person likes this

great job on the highlighting and shading

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, VolksFest said:

I wish I could highlight like this especially the blacks. And the expressions on their faces are just awesome! Looking forward to the afore-mentioned tutorial :)

We shall see if it comes to fruition....

1 person likes this

The Dark Haired Beauty is an old favorite; her Blonde Associate is new to me.  In both cases they are LOVELY  creations that bring the old miniatures to a new level. Your deft hand with the brush, eye for colors, & fine basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

1 person likes this

Nice job! So clean and bright colors. Well done!

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Dark Haired Beauty is an old favorite; her Blonde Associate is new to me.  In both cases they are LOVELY  creations that bring the old miniatures to a new level. Your deft hand with the brush, eye for colors, & fine basing are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

Thanks Malefactus!  I think Jee-Anna has had a bunch of different incarnations in a bunch of different Partha lines over time, but the blonde chick was only in one set, Bones of the Past, based off that Larry Elmore painting, and I'd honestly only recently found out about it. I really like the figures in this set though. There are three, the scantily clothed one with a flute, no weapon, this gal carrying a sack of something, no weapon, and the other one is an older wizardly gentleman with a staff, no weapon.  All three very cool fantasy figures, but none of the three is packing heat ready for battle. 

1 person likes this