Ghool

Cliffbreaker Cyclops - Massive Darkness

Same here!

(And it looks like you spent more time painting the miniature than Guillotine Games did on game development! <_<

Dunno -- how about a time lapse video on another speed painted miniature?

• Like 1

I keep looking at the stuff in Massive Darkness and Rum & Bones Second Tide boxsets and keep procrastinating on painting them.   I look, umm and ah, then put the box away.   Actually I lie.  I have painted up 4x small chests LOL.   Anyhoo you have inspired me to start :)

Great paintjob btw.  Love the skin tones and horns.  Looks really fantastic.

Edited by CrazyK
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Same here!

(And it looks like you spent more time painting the miniature than Guillotine Games did on game development! <_<

Dunno -- how about a time lapse video on another speed painted miniature?

Just check out my channel. There's 100 videos and counting, with a new quick tip free to the public every month. I'll have some Massive Darkness tutorials coming out very soon, with the main focus of the first few on speed painting, and some basic techniques to quickly paint up the entire set quickly. I've already completed all the chests, pillar, and bridges, with a large mob next, and then all the doors.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Edited by Ghool
  • Like 2

Whatever that was you said you did, it certainly was effective. Subtle as they are, your colors are WONDERFULLY alive. Your deft touch with the brush & some fine basing make for a creation that is truly VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      So, I went to Origins this weekend and entered the Reaper Speed-Paint. I was only supposed to be at the con on Friday and Saturday, but I paved on Friday and won my Saturday semifinal, so I called in sick on Sunday so I could compete in the finals, where I managed to pull off a win. Friday was the scarecrow, Saturday was the hobgoblin, and Sunday they gave us the Jungle Titan. I'd already painted two of the three before, which certainly didn't hurt when it came go time.
      I didn't get a chance to get pictures in my photo studio before heading out on vacation, so these are the shots I took with my phone at the convention. 

We had 45 minutes in round 1, 50 minutes in round 2, and a whopping 60 minutes in round 3.
    • By Crowley
      With my bride away on a work trip this week, I decided to try to squeeze in a kinda big project... and after dithering about what it should be, I settled on painting one of my many Bones dragons. 

Blightfang was actually a main antagonist in a D&D campaign I ran a while back... so that's the one I decided to paint! 

Tonight was spent scrubbing him down, after he'd spent the day soaking in soapy water. I partly glued him together, and then got painting with Green Liner. I'm only partly assembling him, so that I can more easily access the harder to reach spots. 

Also the back legs don't fit well into the base he came with, so I'm thinking that I might need to make my own out of cork... And this was supposed to be a quick project... we'll see how I do. 

• By Brianuk
      Have had to rush some minis for our ongoing Dnd campaign, Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Am not the DM but paint the minis. 

All Reaper Bones that started with Army Painter ink washes in one colour over the whole thing. Then using Vallejo paints as base layers and finishing off with another ink wash to tie things together.

The Drakes are "young fire dragons" with the wings cut off. With more time I would have sorted out the two stumps where each wing was. 

The Lizardman is standing in for a troglodyte and the Lilies are standing in for Violet Fungi. 

The cultists are just the Mythos / Cthulu cultists. 

There is a roper as well. 

Can really recommend lining Bones with ink as a liner which I know a lot of others recommend. The whole lot took 3 hours so it is a quick way of getting things onto the table. 

• By Pingo
      This is Patrick Keith's 50246: Marie, She-Bot, famous from the old Fritz Lang movie "Metropolis," and two other robots Johnny Lauck sold adjacent to his sci fi Salvage Crew.

I painted them up in less than an hour. WIP thread here.

• By Crowley
      After converting Ingrid to better match the character she's going to represent (giving her a bow and rapier), last night I got to painting.

I started with thinned down brown liner, then went straight to the eyes with Linen White. Surf Aqua was used for her irises, and brown liner for the pupil. I painted her flesh with a 2:1 Warrior Flesh: Linen White mix. Her hair is Blond Shadow with highlights of Tanned Leather. Her lower lip is a 1:1 blend of her flesh tone with Old West Rose.

The armor, gloves, boots were painted with a thinned Rich Leather. The bow and scabbard are painted with a mix of Brown Liner and Rich Leather. Her cloak was painted with Mountain Stone, and then washed with a 1:2:2 mix of Grey Liner: Mountain Stone: Flow Improver.

Because I want to bring her to game on Wednesday, and don’t think I’ll get any more time to work on her between now and then, I picked out the end of the scabbard and the tips of the bow with Dragon Bronze, and gave the base a quick wet brush of Redstone Shadow.

Not bad for a night's work...
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)