TheOldGuard

77321 Giant Cobra - Bones 3

LOVE  the eyes also. Your colors are imaginative & your brushwork is WONDERFULOUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 4

It does look kinda alive doesnt it! As if it is rearing to attack a certain Cimmerian barbarian that is about to invade its lair.. 

Very well painted. Truly inspiring! 

• Like 3

Thanks for all your comments Guys!

I deliberately went for a more natural colour scheme here, the hieroglyphic stone base pointed me in a sandy direction.

For the hood, I just picked out some specific scales to generate some nice looking markings.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my eleventh day of International Mini Painting Month I present Froggy Moth from Bones 3...

I get so impatient,
      Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my sixth day of International Mini Painting Month I present Memorial Statue from the Graveyard Expansion...

Quick and Dirty,
      Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my fifth day of International Mini Painting Month I present Sacrificial Altar from the Bones 3 Mythos Expansion...

Sacrifices were made,
      Kev!
    • By dks
      I like to speed-paint. 
      This past year, I spent a lot more time on other projects and didn't do much painting, but I got in a few rounds of speed-painting at KublaCon (in May) and at Origins (in June).
      I don't know why I didn't post these photos months ago, but here they are now.

At KublaCon, the speed-painters get to use sets of about 30 little plastic pots of craft paint, like you might find in a paint-by numbers kit -- joined in rows of sprue with flip-off lids, and all set into a routed piece of plywood. 
      I don't know who makes the paints.  The range of colors is pretty good, but some colors just don't cover well.

KublaCon first qualifying round:  big medieval zombie.  45 minutes.
      Man, was I rusty.  I didn't have a strong idea about the colors, other than green skin, for whatever reason.
      David Diamondstone was in this heat with me, and he won.  He pointed out that my paint-job was too clean for a zombie, and he was right.  His version had more dirt and blood.  I stole that for my next figure.
      (David has won the KublaCon painting contest, and gold medals and Sophie Trophies at ReaperCon.  Check out his work in the ReaperCon galleries if you haven't already.)
      I painted a second coat of black around the edge of the base.

KublaCon second qualifying round: modern zombie.  45 minutes. 
      Win!
      It had less surface area than the first zombie, which meant more time per square millimeter and a more deliberate paint job. 
      I had a better plan for the skin -- deep purple shadows, then green-and-pale highlights, plus zombie-riffic blood and bone -- then thought about the rest of the colors while my hand was putting on that paint.
      I also painted a second coat of black around the edge of the base.

I couldn't attend the final round of speed-painting because I was running a game at that time.

Three weeks later, at Origins, Reaper's own LadyStorm was running the speed-painting tournament.
      The paints were a 12 Reaper paints (black, white, red, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, Tanned Skin, silver, gold, and ... I don't remember the 12th color).

Origins qualifying round: a Bones sci-fi trooper.  Small and simple.  45 minutes. 
      Win!
      Three lines of freehand on the chest make for a basic rank insignia.
      I haven't done any more painting on him beyond those 45 minutes.

Origins semi-final round: Bones deva (#77363).  45 minutes, maybe 50.  We all thought it was a cruel joke to give us such a big figure.  Cruel yes, but no joke.
      Still... win!
      I got at least one coat of paint on almost every surface.  (Those few feathers behind the shield eluded me.  Because this was the flexible Bones plastic, I could pull the wings back to paint their inner surfaces.)
      I started with the wings: brown at the base and wet-blended to Tanned Skin.  If you squint hard enough, they actually look OK.
      I chose the aqua-green skin and yellow-gold sword to fit the image of a planetar angel from D&D.
      I haven't done any extra painting on this one, either, but I'm wondering how much better it would look after another 45 minutes!

Final Round: we had our choice of 2 figures -- a bigger hippo-man or a smaller rhino-man.  Both will be part of the Bones 3 release.  60 minutes.
      I chose the hippo because I had a vision of the gray and brown-pink skin gradations, but I couldn't do them as smoothly as I imagined. 
      Not a win, but still fun.
      I think his big mouth and teeth turned out well, and his bright tropical fruits look yummy.  No further painting on him.

Thanks for looking.
      Derek

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Here is a model I painted at ReaperCon 2017...

Also the Overlords Casualty Marker,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)