Sign in to follow this  
Guindyloo

77580: Ma'al Drakar (painted in 7 days with a size 0 brush)

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm really glad y'all like it! 

I knew going into the challenge what general colour scheme I was going for....but I didn't actually choose the paints that I was going to use until Day 2 :lol:

It was really exhausting, my back is still really unhappy with me, but it was worth it. 

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      77191: Hydra Bones Sandra Garrity

I did this one as a speed paint for a D&D game at the last minute, and then he didn't have a base for the next two years.  Well, now he's done and has a base and is just waiting for his next chance to eat adventurers. 

33 Projects left on the shelf of shame!  And I have the day off work tomorrow so more to follow!

• By Geoff Davis
      03660: Amrielle, Female Ranger Julie Guthrie

This one has been on the shelf of shame for a couple of years.  I had some severe problems with textures which is why she ended up on my shelf of shame.  First mistake was I didn't sand smooth the various flat surfaces before priming.  Then I primed using spray on aerosol primer when the weather wasn't right, creating a very rough, beaded surface texture (check out the top of her bow).  Then when I was painting her, I was using glazing medium to try to improve my blending.  I didn't wait long enough between coats of paint.  Consequently, the partially dry layers got peeled up and made into a mess (look closely at her cheeks).  She is finished now, good enough for use as a minion in a tabletop game where no one will look at her too closely.  I have included close-ups of the textures so you can see my mistakes.  I also put in one close-up of an area I painted today.   The difference it makes when you take your time and let the previous layer properly dry shows clearly. 

34 projects left on my shelf of shame!

• By Geoff Davis
      60074: Serpentfolk Warrior Julie Guthrie

This one was on my shelf of shame but not for too long.  Only 35 projects left on my shelf of shame!

• By Geoff Davis
      77257: Chimera. 

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)