So, I'm doing the Layer Up learn to paint kit from reaper. Hopefully, I'm not missing any of the basics from core skills (I did the AP learn to paint process).

So, all washed and boiled...

15049669405611659229884.jpg

• Like 14

This is looking good

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      So this is my Super Secret Christmas Project for Mrs. Gargs (don't worry, this isn't all she's getting).

Holiday Mouslings wonderfully sculpted by Gene Van Horne.

I'm going to be giving this a go as a stocking stuffer for Mrs. Gargs. Now, I have no hope in heck of matching the beautiful paint job seen here, in fact, I'll be thrilled with a high table top quality on this as I'm just still new at this and don't get near enough time to paint as much as I'd like to in order to improve. That said, I do think I can at least get a halfway decent job done on this (by my standards anyway). However, it won't be without its challenges. In fact, I've identified three major hurdles already:

1. The Super Secret. You see, my painting desk happens to be the dining room table and sits roughly 15 feet away from where Mrs. Gargs is usually sitting while I paint, and we very much have an open floor plan. So, keeping it a secret will be the first hurdle. I will at least have a decent amount of time on Saturday while she is at work in which to get a good start, but I am very much a slow painter, so in addition to trying to do the best I can, I will also likely be trying to get stuff done quickly.

2. Ummm, yeah, there's a snow man. He's white. I haven't ever gotten a handle on white (admittedly still new). No getting around though, gonna have to give white a go. (Yeah, sorry, not gonna do a yellow snow man ;P).

3. Basing. I'd love to do something a little fancier than the stock photo, but that's probably the best I can hope for. I may have to go searching for the main piece of base though as I don't think these guys are all going to fit on a 50 mm base, which is the largest I have at the moment. I'd gladly sculpt something (and will consider any and all suggestions) but the next thing I sculpt will pretty much be the first. That said though, for using snow on a base (I have some snow flock from Army Painter) do you normally put down a layer of green stuff for the ground, or just throw it on the plastic/wooden base directly?

At any rate, I strongly encourage/appreciate/request/etc. any and all feedback along the way. Criticisms, critiques, suggestions, etc. Its all good. One of the things I hope to accomplish out of this is actually improving! And if I pick up some new skills along the way, even better! So don't hold back, I'm going to be trying a lot of new stuff along the way here, so I really do appreciate any comments and feedback!

As always, thanks in advance!

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all!

I'm really trying to learn about sculpting for miniatures and here's my current project:

It's a Golem from artist Chris Walton

It's just at the Armature phase right now but i've started to block in my major shape masses. I'll post that when i get a bit further.

Any help/suggestions/direction on how to make this more viable for print at around 30mm would be most appreciated!

All the best, 
      Andrew Cothill

• By Tripleh5133
      Started working on this guy today for one of my player.
      Since I'm a "newbie" and have no experience in working with skin, I was wondering if Reaper's Flesh Wash would look ok with the Elf Flesh base-coat for the skin.

For the hair, the player want him to be carrot-top with a touch of grey. The could prove to be interesting. 

I'm also looking for suggestions for his clothing. almost anything is fair game, all though the campaign setting is in a desert/desolation area.

• By Bonnie Bailey
      Heya! Just started two new projects and I am excited to share. I didn't know which one to do first so I prepped them both. This is my first time at a resculpt. Nothing major. I covered the mold lines on Yephima's hair and on her back. For the chipmunk mage, resculpted the tortoise shell because I didn't think there was enough definition. Also I had to fix the scroll because there was a hole. I am undecided on the color schemes, but for Yephima I am thinking a clouds at sunrise palette. Any thoughts from you folks?

• By JGroeling
      This is a scale question. Specifically on the big guys in the back. When I had started roughing out the wireform and slapping a little base putty on them, I had the idea of Trolls in armor. Now that I'm looking at them compared to some reaper conversions, I'm thinking they might end up having to be giants, demons, or something else. What do you think would fit for those figs at the scale they are? Prefer DnD themes if you think Troll wouldnt work. Also, open to weird fantasy creatures as long as they fit the scale and are tall and wirey.    These aren't for any game/encounter in particular, I just enjoy making stuff. L to R,
      - WIP necromancer and ghouls I'd started scratchbuilding before they got shelved. Looking forward to getting back into those.
      - Big guys in back are undecided
      - An old barbarian conversion WIP from a reaper bones
      - Recent child scratchbuild - My warg rider conversion WIP from a Reaper Bones (which has it's own post here)
      - and I believe this was a Warhammer Chaos figure that I had added tentacles to an painted about a decade ago.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)