57 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Can anyone tell me how shadows/highlights fall on skin? I guessed on my gnome, but I'm just not sure. 

It is possible you just asked the single most complex question in the history of painting the human figure.

But if you mean just in immediately practical terms, I would look at the figure under a strong overhead light and put the shadows where it appears dark and the highlights where the light hits it.

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LordSmallPeen
      Hey so this is my first post, I’ve only been painting since Christmas and I don’t have many friends who do it. So this seems like the best place to get some advice. I’ve been working on this fire demon for a while now and I finally finished the main body, but just wanted some advice for the base and what I could go for. I had a lot of difficulty with the runes on the sword as I really don’t have the skill yet to do it. If you see anything else that’s rough with it let me know please :) the photos are just a few progress pictures. Thank you!

• By giyomuSan
      Starting a new figure, from AoW this time.
      Currently worked on the skin parts...and I could not skip the eye on this one haha 

Just for reference and info , I put the color used for this part ...( at least that will be a reminder for me what I used haha ).

Skin : Mix of Vallejo model color olive green and lime green and Reaper Heather Blue.
      Nails and Teeth, Gum : Vallejo model color purple, Reaper Desert Sand and Bleached Linen
      Also a pass of Army Painter Dark Tone Wash to renforce a bit shadow.
    • By Rainbow Sculptor
      So I posted these sketches for new sculpt ideas to my social medias and got some good feedback. Everyone seemed to be a big fan of the Raccoon and since he was one of my favorites from the pack also, I decided to sculpt him!
      I didn't have my phone with me to get pics of the initial wire frame and GS layer but I went over that with some Fimo clay and baked an underlying structure now and I'll start layering my Primo on top of that.

• By giyomuSan
      Hi !

Started one of the monk fihure from wizkids ( couple in stock so I need to get them done ^^ ), so it may be a good place to make my first wip thread ...

tried a zenhital priming, using tamiya spray primer and Mr hooby ( that the more easy and cheaper to get in japan ).
      from there I just apply what I am considering as my base dark tone..well hehe no garanty here I am exploring stuff too :)

where I am at for now...

i did not too much care about detials for now..let see how this goes xd
    • By Tripleh5133
      As a test of the clear paints, I am attempting to work on some of the green and purple translucent figures. Here is the Spirit #77098.

I used the Clear Green for the main part of the body.

The head and hands were done with Skeleton Bone & Sepia Wash. 

I'm not sure if I can call this done or if further detailing needs to be done with the "body". Suggestions?

• Who's Online   19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)