1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I thought there was a little too much brown wash in the creases. It looks much better.

Yeah. I feel like the shadow layers for the pants were a bit thick, especially with how much the ebony skin over powers the blue.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Yeah. I feel like the shadow layers for the pants were a bit thick, especially with how much the ebony skin over powers the blue.

But that's good! The LTPK kits are all about learning things as you apply the paint.::):

• Like 5

Mr doxical from experience painting blues can be a real pain I actually went on a paint blue binge over several minis just to get down and what your posting looks great.  Keep it up mate

• Like 1

I didn't take a picture, due to my phone being dead last night, but I finished the base coat on the sash yesterday, as well. I was a bit confounded as to where shadows would fall on it, though...so I got frustrated with shadow layer one and stopped for the night. 

5 hours ago, Limey72 said:

Mr doxical from experience painting blues can be a real pain I actually went on a paint blue binge over several minis just to get down and what your posting looks great.  Keep it up mate

Actually, it's Ms. I might end up trying that. Thanks!

• Like 2

I stand corrected Ms Mouse ;).  Is your unsure where shadows fall take your phone and take a Black and white picture white an appropriately positioned light source the shadows will show up and you will have a guide to work from.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Limey72 said:

I stand corrected Ms Mouse ;).  Is your unsure where shadows fall take your phone and take a Black and white picture white an appropriately positioned light source the shadows will show up and you will have a guide to work from.

Oooh. That's a good idea. I'll try it tonight. :) 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LordSmallPeen
      Hey so this is my first post, I’ve only been painting since Christmas and I don’t have many friends who do it. So this seems like the best place to get some advice. I’ve been working on this fire demon for a while now and I finally finished the main body, but just wanted some advice for the base and what I could go for. I had a lot of difficulty with the runes on the sword as I really don’t have the skill yet to do it. If you see anything else that’s rough with it let me know please :) the photos are just a few progress pictures. Thank you!

• By giyomuSan
      Starting a new figure, from AoW this time.
      Currently worked on the skin parts...and I could not skip the eye on this one haha 

Just for reference and info , I put the color used for this part ...( at least that will be a reminder for me what I used haha ).

Skin : Mix of Vallejo model color olive green and lime green and Reaper Heather Blue.
      Nails and Teeth, Gum : Vallejo model color purple, Reaper Desert Sand and Bleached Linen
      Also a pass of Army Painter Dark Tone Wash to renforce a bit shadow.
    • By Rainbow Sculptor
      So I posted these sketches for new sculpt ideas to my social medias and got some good feedback. Everyone seemed to be a big fan of the Raccoon and since he was one of my favorites from the pack also, I decided to sculpt him!
      I didn't have my phone with me to get pics of the initial wire frame and GS layer but I went over that with some Fimo clay and baked an underlying structure now and I'll start layering my Primo on top of that.

• By giyomuSan
      Hi !

Started one of the monk fihure from wizkids ( couple in stock so I need to get them done ^^ ), so it may be a good place to make my first wip thread ...

tried a zenhital priming, using tamiya spray primer and Mr hooby ( that the more easy and cheaper to get in japan ).
      from there I just apply what I am considering as my base dark tone..well hehe no garanty here I am exploring stuff too :)

where I am at for now...

i did not too much care about detials for now..let see how this goes xd
    • By Tripleh5133
      As a test of the clear paints, I am attempting to work on some of the green and purple translucent figures. Here is the Spirit #77098.

I used the Clear Green for the main part of the body.

The head and hands were done with Skeleton Bone & Sepia Wash. 

I'm not sure if I can call this done or if further detailing needs to be done with the "body". Suggestions?

• Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)