Prex

Grab Bag of Bones

6 posts in this topic

Really excellent.

2 people like this

They all look very nice, I especially love your formorian giant!

1 person likes this

Super!

1 person likes this

Really like your beholder as well!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      http://makezine.com/2017/05/02/outfitting-a-dd-beholder-with-led-eyes/

I ran across this "Make:" article in which Bob Richens explains how to mount LEDs in Reaper's Bones Eye Beast, SKU 77043, including teeny-tiny ones in the ends of the tentacles.   It looks pretty cool!
    • By redambrosia
      Here is my submission for the current beauty pageant, a beholder who guard the Waters of Life.

And here's the write up my hubby (mostly hubby) and I (I helped!) did for him:

Name: Guardian of the Waters of Life (Guardian, for short)
      Stats
      Int: 22
      AC: -2
      Move: 18
      HD: 20
      Size: 10' Diameter
      Magic Resist: 60%
      THAC0: 5
      No. of Attacks: 9
      Damage: 7 attacks are eyestalks, effects are special; one attack is main eye, effect is special; last attack is bite, damage is 3d10
      Special Attacks
      Eyestalk 1: Submissive Gaze, creatures of 5HD or less meeting this eye's gaze immediately and permanently fall under the control of the Guardian. Creatures of higher HD may save vs spell to negate. If they fail effect lasts for one day.
      Eyestalk 2: Confusion Zone, creates an area 30' x 30', anyone entering or in this area must save vs spell of become baffled and forget what they were doing for 1d3 days. Arcane spellcasters must make a separate save for each spell memorized or they loose the spell. Zone lasts for 10 minutes.
      Eyestalk 3: Truth Zone, creates an area 30' x 30', anyone caught in this area will suddenly start telling truths they have hidden. For example, someone who has intentions other than those he's stated to his party members will suddenly blurt out his true intentions. Save vs spell with a -4 to negate this effect. Zone lasts lasts for 15 minutes. Effect lasts for 24 hours after leaving the zone.
      Eyestalk 4: Repulse Metal, a cone 60' long, 20' wide at the end, any metal, magical or non is thrown back 12d6 feet. No save. Weapons are ripped out of hands, people in armour are thrown, as are people with sheathed weapons, or buckles break. People thrown take 1d6 dmg per 10', save vs breath weapon for half damage. If save is failed, 25% KO.
      Eyestalk 5: My Friend is my Enemy, creates an area 80' radius around the Guardian, people caught in this area see companions as their most hated enemies and attack them on sight. Save vs spell to negate; the power lasts for 30 rounds/minutes, whether they make the save or not they must save each round or attack their companions. Can only use this ability 1/day.
      Eyestalk 6: Force Blast, 10' diameter of focused energy. No tricks, no special effects, it just hurts! 5D12 damage... sorry one minor trick... Since it literally comes with the blink of an eye, you have no time to dogde or anything, so there's no save. =(
      Eyestalk 7: Look at my Garden Grow, used on particularly troublesome people, save vs spell with minus 6 or become a plant of the Guardian's choosing. The only way this can be undone is if the Spirit of the Waters of Life wills it. Usable 1/day.
      Main Eye: 1st effect is Divine Intent for the Waters of Life. This effect can only be blocked by the divine intervention of a greater god. 2nd effect Flesh to Water, Guardian purifies the creature's body and turns it into more Water of Life. Guardian uses this effect only if the creature's intent for the Water is nefarious.

Special Defenses
      Camouflage: the Guardian's thorny hide and flowered eyestalks allow him to hide amoung the bushes and flowers of the garden, being 97% undetectable.
      Armour of Thorns: Any creature landing a successful melee attack with weapons shorter than a 2 handed sword automatically take 3d4 damage (3d6 damage is natural weapons like claws or fists).
      Only takes 25% damage from fire, no damage from cold, plants will not effect or harm him in any way.

History: The Guardian is the ancient protector of the Waters of Life. He has guarded the Water so long, and drank so much of the Water that it has changed him. He's lost his natural ability to levitate and has instead grown long plant-like tentacles on which he walks. He doesn't see this as a loss though, since he can move faster than many of his kind now. He views the Waters and the garden which surrounds it as the most beautiful thing, and gives his all to protect it. He cannot actually be killed, despite how hard an adventurer may try. The Guardian believes the Waters he's ingested keep him alive, but it is actually the Spirit of the Waters who chose him and keeps him from dying.

Hubby has an evil brain.
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

I painted this at ReaperCon '16...

Thanks for looking,
      Kev!
    • By Lidless Eye
      So, I realized something about my Frostgrave collection: it's lacking painted Wizards!  Something I could easily fix.

After the "Into the Breeding Pits" Gnickstarter came in, I scoured my collection for appropriate arcane types.  Most had been sitting in boxes unloved for some time.

My hope is to be able to run demos with these additions representing various schools.

First, the gathering of Schools:

A Necromancer Wizard (Reaper Miniatures Darkrasp)

His Apprentice (Mage Knight)

A Thaumaturge, a Reaper miniature picked up many moons ago for use in D&D 4E's "Revenge of the Giants" game.  

A Warmage from the old Chainmail line of D&D minis, who I think seems best suited to be an Elementalist:

A Summoner from Reaper Bones:

A Soothsayer also from Reaper Bones:

A Wizard from the Warcrow range, who may instead see use as an Apothecary in the planned Arabian Nights style warband:

An Elven Mage, who was also painted when I realize I didn't have any painted Elf Mages for a recent one-shot D&D game (Reaper Bones again)

A Heresy Miniatures Wizard, who had his staff lost to the winds of time and replaced with a Warhammer Elven Blade:

And last, some of the actual Frostgrave line from Northstar Miniatures.

An Elementalist Apprentice:

And the set of Beastcrafters:

• By JDizzO
      Your move adventurers!

YOUR!

MOVE!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)