knarthex

Czaristikallian, The Purple Dragon --Nathavarr From DDS 2 (Bones 77381)

Awesome paint job, great shading!  Those eyes are incredible, how long did they take to paint?

I do have to think that purple dragons must all be LSU fans.  :lol:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Nice use of color theory!  Those wings really pop.

No theory involved, was just going with what felt right and looked cool. ...

And thanks! 

First thing I've finished in a few months. ..

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 6

Wow those eyes! And the almost slap-like unision of purple and yellow.. Color theory for the win (even if you are a natural ^_^ ) When coupled with top notch skill.. Voila, a masterpiece! 

• Like 3

Love the eyes and the bright colours!  Great job.

Someone already guessed blanket for the backdrop, so I'm going with an inside-out sweatshirt.  :)

Kang

Edited by Kang
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So as a lot of folks around these here electronic parts know, I have barely hobbied since ReaperCon, due to brain weasel infestation...
      So for the past few days, I have tried to ease my way back in by working on 'risers' for my display case...
      These are chunks of blue insulation foam, cut to fit on my table saw (what a mess it makes!)
      Then sprayed Grey with Stynylrez primer through my airbrush.

Overall case:

Started life as the 'wings' of an entertainment center, and I added the LED lights scavenged from work...
      Left side is still in progress... (Top to bottom)

A lonely DDS2
      a bare section that I sprayed the foam for tonight (The ex suggested that I put figures with a special value to me in it, old characters and such, likely, exchanges and gifts will end up in there as well, and the first 25mm mini that I ever painted. Rest will be underground critters and whatever else I can cram in there to get them off my bookcases....)
      Frostgrave terrain and warbands...

Right side:

Top is Demons and devils, Undead and pillars, and some of my medal wining Reapercon stuff
      Middle is some bigger things...
      Bottom is Giants and wilderness type critters....

Thanks for taking a peek!
      G
    • By knarthex
      An Australian documentary about the Bristol Beaufighter serving in the South West Pacific during WWII...

Interesting for an American to see something like this, as most documentaries I see are either American, or British....

• By knarthex
      Hey folks looking for some advice on a project I am hoping to accomplish for Reapercon '18...

It won't let me quote in the 1st post, so the next will have the links...

george

WIP here
    • By knarthex
      So....

Back when I first joined the forums, I found a thread about a certain Goblin painting a limited edition Ral Partha figure that I happened to own, but had been sitting in a box for 15-20 years due to the 'I'm not good enough' syndrome....

Well I decided that I Was Good Enough and set to work, as chronicled by this
      so as at the time of being a noob arround here, I was very encouraged by the multiple responses that I got....
      such as:
    • By knarthex
      so....

The painting funk has lasted for 4 months, and I need to get my cranium out of my anal orifice and start painting again....
      Posted Thursday at 09:46 PM So....

While on the hangouts with some folks that play 40K, we have been talking about stuff, and I went to look for a figure that I knew I had, and didn't want, that @Chaoswolf thought was cool, and found the following:

Now this is the basis for my mechanical Obliterators that I painted way back in 2003? and brought to Reapercon last year

where they got a silver medal in the open category

Speaking with one of the judges afterwards (@dks) we discussed them, and the painting dragged them down, as I said old paintjob...

Well, with my painting funk in its 4th month, I was thinking that maybe, I could re do a new one from scratch, and with all the sculpting things I have learned, as well as painting techniques, I might be able to do better...

Now Reaper forbids entering the same piece twice, but this would be a reprisal of something I did years ago....

Would this be legal as a new entry?
      @Heisler care to comment?

George

@Heisler's response
      As long as the entry is an entirely new piece and not one of those three then it would be a perfectly legal entry.

My response...
      thanks @Heisler
      really hoping this will kick out the brain weasel painting funk!

For some reason, I couldn't cross quote so....

It's gonna be ugly for a while....

the raw components:

lots and lots of surface grinding with the Dremel tool, and sore fingers.....

But hopefully, I've learne a bit about painting and sculpting since I did those guys, and this time, there will be only one....

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)