Cyradis

The Seers and a Wizard Present a Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge!

9 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Is this still active for new joiners?  I was so busy last year I could barely keep track.  but I could use something like this to keep me doing something other than facing work issues.

Thanks

Roo

They let me and my husband in ^_^ ::P::ph34r:

Which reminds me, payday can't come soon enough so I can order hubby's dragon and paints!

• Like 2

Well better late than never I guess...  I will give this a try.  there is a Kryphrixis in my Bones collection that currently has no plans... (well actually there are 2 but one is becoming a copper or bronze dragon when my new scale 75 paints arrive with my birthday.) that dragon shall become my canvas for the rainbow dragon.

The palate gods were relatively kind to me:

image.png.5592124de984185ff277b03476c1ba8f.png

the colors are already in my paint racks.  I should be able to give it a whirl.  Given these colors, I believe I shall attempt a 2 star challenge because I really want to try the restricted color set and i think i can get to the eyes and teeth shading with the greys and blues.  it shall be something different at least.

Challenge accepted and i am on my way!

• Like 5

Out of sheer curiosity, are other dragons allowed too that aren't on the list, like say, oh, I dunno... 77177 Wyrmgear?

....Yes I know I already have one random dragon thread, I swear it's totally "just curiosity" not "omg, I like that dragon and kind of want to do one up"

• Like 5

Sure. We suggested the initial three because of their size/price range. The goal was to get people to do the challenge on a Dragon Sized Dragon but not pressure anyone into high spending risks, which the week long speed paint goblin challenges do. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Sure. We suggested the initial three because of their size/price range. The goal was to get people to do the challenge on a Dragon Sized Dragon but not pressure anyone into high spending risks, which the week long speed paint goblin challenges do. 

Glad to hear!  I'll edit my thread at some point, probably tomorrow due to the time..  Turns out it's going to be a triple treat double date kind of thing for myself and Rune.  Yes, I've rolled for three dragons, and hubby is looking at adding Diabolus at minimum, and potentially another dragon.... >.>;;;;;

I rolled 16, 8, 19 for Diabolus (Cloudy Grey, True blue, Pure Black), and Pure Black, Heather Blue, and Clotted Red for Wyrmgear.  Guess I know what my next Reaper order will entail!

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I think it's a fantastic idea, I'm curious to see what Wyrmgear would look like without metallic paints.

I'm rather curious as well, and it would be neat to try and go with something slightly organic in look...  But not quite.  Maybe some sort of almost synthetic look! ^_^;;;;

• Like 5

Another question comes to mind, technically two...

- Is the Pathfinder Red Dragon allowed/usable for this challenge?

- Are we allowed to add in stuff like gloss medium?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Another question comes to mind, technically two...

- Is the Pathfinder Red Dragon allowed/usable for this challenge?

- Are we allowed to add in stuff like gloss medium?

You may use whatever dragon you'd like. The "rule" dragons are suggestions based on size/price range. They're roughly $20, as opposed to Ma'al, who is a $150 challenge (although Pezler keeps saying he'll do this with Ma'al). 

You may use whatever mediums you'd like. The goal is for the rolled colors to visually be the dominant colors, in order of rolling. How you get there is up to you. Flow medium, gloss medium, matte... whatever. Go for it. I may hesitate on saying metallic medium, but again, this is for fun, so whatever. 

Unless you are doing a star challenge in addition to the base, you can use whatever you want to shade it. My rolls are Mint Green, Heather Blue, and Volcanic Orange. I am not doing a star challenge, so I've shaded my mint green scales with heather blue, worn navy, and highlighted with whites mixed with the mint green. Star challenge would have taken away the worn navy option. My dragon still looks "mint green". 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Absolutely!:winkthumbs:

Definitely glad to hear. 

No, I'm not contemplating going for a roll for that dragon, whyever do you ask? ::P: ... Going to have to order more paints direct anyways, since Meeple wound up refunding one of them, and hubby likes the dragon too.. 

..... If I keep this up I'm going to be up to four dragons in no time - hopefully the first will at least have a basecamp before the others arrive! :p

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So with Kyphrixis coming out March 5th,will that dragon qualify give  its $19.99 cost? ^_^

Darn right it does! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So hubby and I were curious....  We don't have Pure White, and it will be a bit before I can put another order in for additional paints at Reaper.

Any chance Dragon White can be subbed for Pure White?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So hubby and I were curious....  We don't have Pure White, and it will be a bit before I can put another order in for additional paints at Reaper.

Any chance Dragon White can be subbed for Pure White?

Certainly, there's very little difference between them. The main thing is to have fun! ::D:

• Like 2