Cyradis

The Seers and a Wizard Present a Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge!

217 posts in this topic

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

i was meaning combine white with one of your other colors to get a tooth shade. So not straight white, but a lightened shade of one of the primary colors

Yeah but do you HAVE to do that or can you just go straight white?

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

no idea :ph34r: we didn't actually discuss that @Cyradis help us!

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

no idea :ph34r: we didn't actually discuss that @Cyradis help us!

OR!!!!

We are allowed to prime in Liner...

So what if we used Brown Liner and leave the teeth brown??

Or would that not be considered painted?

Just to make sure...

2 people like this

Oh and I want to thank you crazy people for this whacky challenge!

Awesome idea!

It actually makes me paint a Dragon I would probably had left unpainted for years...

Edited by Glitterwolf
3 people like this

I may try and see if the daughter is interested.  She has plenty of dragons and has been less motivated to paint since she started her mystic circle.  As in she got 1 1/2 of the archways done and no huge interest in painting the last two weekends.  I gotta get those creative juices flowing before all she wants to do is play XBOX and watch youtube videos on her laptop.  Oh wait...too late on that.  If she shows interest I will have her roll and then get the colors we do not have for her.

4 people like this

Indeed, I'd been sitting around, letting my back recover from Ma'al Drakar since last Monday....then I just so happened to stumble upon this challenge and suddenly I found myself sitting at my desk, greenstuffing a dragon. It was much appreciated motivation.

7 people like this

5 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

This might be slightly relaxing, if eye-shattering...

I read the thing, thought about it for two seconds and then said to myself, I said, 'might as well give it a shot; three stars sounds like fun!' - and then I pulled Kyphryxis out of the BOX O' DRAGON!, pulled up Hero labs and threw some dice. And then I eyed my dice roller, because it's clearly out of its tiny, electronic mind. ORANGE as the primary. This oughta be good.

RainbowDargon.png.02b049f388e2609b1a81de04ffa9ad52.png

This might.. maybe.. be something akin to relaxing. I'm pretty sure I have those colours, even. ^^;

Going to dig those out, and clear a little space on the desk ... *glares at draconians* ...

Orange and purple is a glorious combo, this ought to be good!

4 people like this

SOOOOORRRYYYY! Work 9-4, homework, class 6-8, talk to professor.... come home... have tea.... okay, questioning!!

Also, Pezler and Sirithiliel are equals in this, so their answers are totally cool. I just have to edit stuff into the main post :poke:

Okay, you can prime the material with whatever you want. Brown liner is fine. BUT.... the brown liner can't show through. You can use it as part of shading if you want, as part of the tidbits for a no-star or 1-star challenge. 

Teeth can be white for any of the difficulty levels. It would be kinda cruel to prevent you from using that when you have only 5 paints to work with! So yeah, go ahead and have white teeth. Shade them by mixing with your other stuff. 

*phew* 

I'll probably end up with a no-star or 1-star challenge. Not sure I want to give up my tidbit colors quite yet. 

Also, I just had a weird image in my head of all of us sending our rainbowed out dragons to Reaper and they'd end up being the dragon version of care-bears looking ridiculous but cute ::o:

7 people like this

Main topic edited for clarity. 

Keep in mind that the main goal is fun and creative inspiration under constraints. Most questions regarding minutia will be answered with "eh, do what you think is best and in the spirit of the challenge. We're chill." Make a weirdly colored super epic fun dragon and show us. :B):

3 people like this

May have gotten my wife involved.  Not sure how much we will worry about the full list of rules.  Between her and my daugfhter I just said "Roll and I will tell you the colors you get to use for Main, seconday, and details."  The daughter got a very drab color scheme but seems excited about it.  I gotta buy a few paints for my scheme and the one the wife rolled.  Then we gotta get all the unpainted dragons together and see which would work best or that each of us will enjoy painting.  I just dropped my Narthrax off in the Box of Good Will or I would have painted it.  oops. :)

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

May have gotten my wife involved.  Not sure how much we will worry about the full list of rules.  Between her and my daugfhter I just said "Roll and I will tell you the colors you get to use for Main, seconday, and details."  The daughter got a very drab color scheme but seems excited about it.  I gotta buy a few paints for my scheme and the one the wife rolled.  Then we gotta get all the unpainted dragons together and see which would work best or that each of us will enjoy painting.  I just dropped my Narthrax off in the Box of Good Will or I would have painted it.  oops. :)

aww that's sweet, family painting sounds like fun

4 people like this

It can be if everyone is interested in the project.  I didnt get any pics of rolls (deleted them before I thought about it and daughter rolled dice from other room and yelled them at me) but I did get a screen of paint rack after putting the colors in for our sets. Will try and get around to ordering the 4 colors needed tomrrow.  Should get here in a couple days if I do.

59b76b515e1df_2017-09-1119_39_07.thumb.png.5aafb306e1bcd52c769fe6b2c873d784.png

6 people like this

ooo those are going to be some bright dragons! and one fashionably dark and imposing one

3 people like this

This is great for motivation! I am in!

As for choice, I am leaving everything up to chance: d4 for dragon choice and 3d20 for colors. Three star challenge seems like the way to go. I will update this post with the results.

Edit:

IMG_0184.thumb.PNG.4633d2f5495bfc9ab1473ac9c65d2f9c.PNG

Dragon - 4: Ebonwrath

Main Color - 16: Cloudy Grey

Secondary Color - 3: Lava Orange

Misc Color - 5: Lemon Yellow

Pure White and Pure Black available for mixing only when used in a three star challenge?

Edited by Talae
7 people like this

25 minutes ago, Talae said:

This is great for motivation! I am in!

As for choice, I am leaving everything up to chance: d4 for dragon choice and 3d20 for colors. Three star challenge seems like the way to go. I will update this post with the results.

Edit:

IMG_0184.thumb.PNG.4633d2f5495bfc9ab1473ac9c65d2f9c.PNG

Dragon - 4: Ebonwrath

Main Color - 16: Cloudy Grey

Secondary Color - 3: Lava Orange

Misc Color - 5: Lemon Yellow

Pure White and Pure Black available for mixing only when used in a three star challenge?

for mixing, and to do things like teeth and eyes =)

looking forward to seeing what you do!

5 people like this