Sign in to follow this  
DarkGeneUs

Paint Comparison

Hello all,

This is not about the quality of paint but for a color comparison.  

I was recently asked to do a paint job by a friend. He supplied the paint; Citadel just awful to use. 

Has anyone done a color comparison to match up approximate equivalents between a Citadel paint and Reaper paint. I can only get Reaper paints online now; and comparing the display colors in the store has not worked out that well for me.

Thanks,

Gene

Edited by DarkGeneUs

There's a comparison color shared sheet out there. Not sure which colors you are looking to match up, but took a guess at this tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=4

The other tabs sort the columns in different orders. Gets you close to the same colors, at least.

Dakkadakka did one I believe that compares Citadel, RMS, Vallejo, and maybe Army Painter?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pezler the Polychromatic
      Just as it sounds. Of all the dragons released for the Bones 3 kickstarter, which color dragon do they resemble most from D&D or Pathfinder? And we're going to set aside the great oogly moogly, that one is a special case. :P

You don't have to limit yourself to chromatic or metallic, any of the dragon types will do. If they resemble a particular kind, I want to hear your opinion.
    • By Tarsemina
      Favorite color of dragon. 
      GO!

Mine is blue!

• By Werewolvians
      There be dragons here.
      OK, so do dragons have defining features that designates them as a certain type(color) of dragon? Because if they do i'm not seeing it.
      It's been brought to my attention that Blightfang is a green dragon because of his leaf shaped scales. Fair enough. I already irreversibly started painting him blue. But I'm fine with that.

The silver dragon is obviously a silver dragon, though I painted him white. He actually looks like one variation of a white dragon I've seen before. (Pathfinder art work) Just google pathfinder white dragon under imagines.

I'm assuming Cinder is red just because of his name, and nothing else.

Verocithrax... ummm. Looks Japanese-ish? Gold? I'm going to make him green i think.

Nathavarr- Red? He was painted red for the website, but was that just the artist's choice or is he really supposed to be red for reasons i dont know?

Narthrax. No idea.

So, anyone have any insight for me?

Final thought-- Reaper should make a Tiamat model.

• By MikeGolfJ3
      I am sure someone knows all the special edition MSP & MSP HD paints which have been released, so please, pretty please, post it here.

TIA!
    • By IryokuHikari
      Hello!

I'll apologize right now if this isn't in the best place for it.

I am a painting virgin, having only flirted with craft paint and plastic army men; but I think I'm ready for the big one. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Bones 2 Kickstarter, and I want to have the widest variety of colors to cover the most situations. I am purchasing the Bones LtPK durring this glorious promotion that Reaper is doing, and I will have the first MSP HD paint add-on from the KS. Given the paint that comes in each, what colors/items am I missing that would help me have the widest range of colors for the best price? (I only need an item or two to get up to the $40 threshold to qualify for the Ghoulie bag).

For help's sake, I will list the colors I will have below.

9030- Leather Brown
      9037- Black
      9039- White
      9053- Honed Steel
      9054- Polished Silver
      9085- Shadowed Stone
      9200- Harvest Brown
      9228- Viper Green
      9271- Dirty Bone
      29801- Crimson Red
      29806- Fireball Orange
      29809- Pale Saffron x2
      29811- Turf Green
      29815- Dragon Blue x2
      29820- Gem Purple
      29822- Suntan Flesh
      29823- Caucasian Flesh
      29827- Griffon Tan
      29829- Woodland Brown
      29830- Ruddy Brown
      29832- Concrete Grey

Are there any glaring holes in my color selection? Are there any recommendations you have for what I should get in the name of variety and coverage? Is Reaper's brush-on primer worth it?

I look forward to reading your wisdom!

Thanks!
      IryokuHikari
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)