Sign in to follow this  
DarkGeneUs

Paint Comparison

Hello all,

This is not about the quality of paint but for a color comparison.  

I was recently asked to do a paint job by a friend. He supplied the paint; Citadel just awful to use. 

Has anyone done a color comparison to match up approximate equivalents between a Citadel paint and Reaper paint. I can only get Reaper paints online now; and comparing the display colors in the store has not worked out that well for me.

Thanks,

Gene

Edited by DarkGeneUs

There's a comparison color shared sheet out there. Not sure which colors you are looking to match up, but took a guess at this tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=4

The other tabs sort the columns in different orders. Gets you close to the same colors, at least.

Dakkadakka did one I believe that compares Citadel, RMS, Vallejo, and maybe Army Painter?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dosani
      Hi, i have many Reaper Colours in triads, but i dont know if maybe the store that sold them to me some years ago had an old batch or else, as i see that some of the colors are not as shown in the reaper site. So wanted to ask anybody that has the "undead skin tones" and "vampiric skintones" , if you have any pics that show the true colour of the "moldy skin", "bloodless skin", "ghoul skin", "vampiric skin", "vampiric highlight" and "vampiric shadow", as i want to compare and determine if maybe my colors are wrong or something :( and see what i need to add to them to make them be as intended :)  Thanks for the help ! 
    • By Pezler the Polychromatic
      Just as it sounds. Of all the dragons released for the Bones 3 kickstarter, which color dragon do they resemble most from D&D or Pathfinder? And we're going to set aside the great oogly moogly, that one is a special case. :P

You don't have to limit yourself to chromatic or metallic, any of the dragon types will do. If they resemble a particular kind, I want to hear your opinion.
    • By Tarsemina
      Favorite color of dragon. 
      GO!

Mine is blue!

• By Werewolvians
      There be dragons here.
      OK, so do dragons have defining features that designates them as a certain type(color) of dragon? Because if they do i'm not seeing it.
      It's been brought to my attention that Blightfang is a green dragon because of his leaf shaped scales. Fair enough. I already irreversibly started painting him blue. But I'm fine with that.

The silver dragon is obviously a silver dragon, though I painted him white. He actually looks like one variation of a white dragon I've seen before. (Pathfinder art work) Just google pathfinder white dragon under imagines.

I'm assuming Cinder is red just because of his name, and nothing else.

Verocithrax... ummm. Looks Japanese-ish? Gold? I'm going to make him green i think.

Nathavarr- Red? He was painted red for the website, but was that just the artist's choice or is he really supposed to be red for reasons i dont know?

Narthrax. No idea.

So, anyone have any insight for me?

Final thought-- Reaper should make a Tiamat model.

• By MikeGolfJ3
      I am sure someone knows all the special edition MSP & MSP HD paints which have been released, so please, pretty please, post it here.

TIA!
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)