Maledrakh

Maledrakh vs The 3 Star Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge!

Yup, what is says. Challenge accepted!

First comes the Dragon, then come the Timestamp.

ebonwrath-timestamp.jpg

Then the Dice Rolls of Destiny to decide on colours:

dicerolls.jpg

Cloudy Gray, Earth Brown and Violet Red. Not bad at all. That could have gone so much more ...shall we say garish?. 

well anyway, as I don't have very many Reaper paints (not available in any store, not to mention continent) near me, I will make do with as similar as I can get from my other paints:

ebonwrath-colours.jpg

and I see my cloudy grey is backwards so you can't see the name on the lable in this shot...so here is the other shot:

ebonwrath-colours2.jpg

Vallejo Tierra / Earth should be a good match for Earth Brown according to the paint range colour comparison spreadsheet.

Red Violet? The spreadsheet did not really help that much as I don't really have that many of the other ranges there either. I mostly have Army Painter and a lot of older (15 years +) citadel, gamecraft and other such randomness.

I hope the Citadel Fire Dragon Crimson (from the earliest round pots with flip top caps -I poured all my old paints in to dropper bottles a couple years ago.) is close enough. Seems like it should be ok based on the colour in the spreadsheet. It is a reddish violet any ways. And really old. Hope it still is useable or else I will have to mix something up.

And of course, Ebonwrath was undercoated black ages ago, as I undercoated everything black in those days.

As pure black is one of the permitted colours, and the black will for the most part be painted over, I think that should be OK.

So the challenge is to paint Ebonwrath with ONLY these three colours, with black and white permitted for mixing. no other colours, no inks or quickshades. This should be different...

• Like 14

Awesome!!!

I got Violet Read as a third colour.

From the look of it, your citadel paint matches.

09026_G.thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good luck!    I got violet red as well and am going to have to use either P3 beaten purple or Vallejo warlord purple. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your Ebonwrath come together. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!!!

I got Violet Read as a third colour.

From the look of it, your citadel paint matches.

09026_G.thumb.jpg

yea that looks pretty close!

Good luck, look forward to seeing what you do!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vegascat said:

Good luck!    I got violet red as well and am going to have to use either P3 beaten purple or Vallejo warlord purple. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your Ebonwrath come together. 

I keep reading this as 'violent red', and then wondering why it isn't a bloodier shade, or possibly more neon.. *headshake*

It's a good colour, though; I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

• Like 6

and I just saw I have made a little mistake in my head; the primary colour is violet red, not cloudy grey (I thought VR was the tertiary colour -this little mental hiccup is probably because of the order they are presented on the dice roller app with the last one rolled on top, so I read them from top to bottom. 

The proper order is of course, bottom to top.

So I will need to undercoat the red bits in white or else the red will never show up in 50 coats. Those old citadel red-ishes have terrible coverage.

• Like 4

throwing the base colours on to see what will stick:

ebonwrath2.jpg

I decided to simply use the secondary and tertiary colours underneath the primary fire dragon crimson (red violet) so the colour actually will show up. The old citadel fire dragon crimson has really weak coverage.

Most of what is grey now will be crimson in the end.

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 12

It has been a long time not working on this. I actually had to dust it off a bit...

It does say in the challenge that one may take ones time, so this will be done at a when it takes my fancy-type pace.

171211-ebonwrath-progress-2.jpg

Progress: a couple coats of the ancient citadel fire dragon crimson color added. I am happy to say it worked well over the grey.

• Like 2