CashWiley

Massive Darkness Agents

14 posts in this topic

Tried zenithal priming these guys with an airbrush…results about the same as a rattle can, with way more cleanup. Don’t really want to spend any time learning airbrush skills, so be it.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 1 Massive Darkness Agents WIP 1

I then base coated the skin for each as follows: Orc, Twilight Blue; Dwarf, Dark Skin; Goblin, mix of Ghoul Skin and Black Green. Leather, skirts and misc were base coated in Dusky Skin Shadow.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 2 Massive Darkness Agents WIP 2
16 people like this

Really excellent

1 person likes this

Glad to see you back at it Cash. I like the Twilight blue on the orc. 

1 person likes this

Thanks, folks! KB, the bluish orc is canon for the game. The gob is only slightly green in artwork, so I decided to go a bit greener for readability on the table.

Funny thing is, as I was looking at the sculpts when I first got in the game and was playing, I figured I could set apart the agents apart with red hoods and sashes...and looking at the art this morning to plot out my colors, bam...red hood/scarf.

Fun plastic, like all GG sets. The characterful sculpts make up for the issues with casting (and these are better than 1st season Zombicide I've been painting).

5 people like this

Cash! It is awesome to see you painting minis again! 

/pulls up a comfortable chair and some popcorn.

2 people like this

*** Lies down in front of the fireplace, munching on a Frostgiant's Thighbone, watching the progress***

Edited by Glitterwolf
1 person likes this

I did not notice the blue color in the art. I find the art nice, but very muted. So nothing really jumps out at me, but on the flip side it should allow for more artistic license on painting the minis. 

I can say after playing level one with six people that they need to be painted to keep track of the quantity of minis that are available for spawning. 

1 person likes this

I think I will also color code the base rims. It can definitely get chaotic quickly!

2 people like this

Finishing up the basecoats. Metals based in Dusky Skin Shadow or Stormy Grey. Hood/scarf in Bloodstain Red, dwarf’s beard in Shadowed Stone.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 3 Massive Darkness Agents WIP 3
10 people like this

On to the flesh tones. For the dwarf, I used Muddy Soil, Dark Skin, Redstone Highlight, Tanned Skin and VMC Ivory. For the goblin, it was Black Green, Ghoul Skin, Moldy Skin and VMC Ivory. For the orc, Midnight Blue, Twilight Blue, Snow Shadow and Ghost White.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 4 Massive Darkness Agents WIP 4
6 people like this

Looking good!  I am terribly upset I missed out on Massive Darkness!  Oh well I have Rising Sun, Green Horde, and Bones to pay for and paint!

1 person likes this

Continuing with the skirts, I finished out the Dusky Skin triad, to keep things simple. Similarly, I did the same using Clotted and Carnage Reds to finish the hood/sashes.

Massive Darkness Agents WIP 5 Massive Darkness Agents WIP 5
5 people like this

Off to Show Off: 

3 people like this