TheAuldGrump

Star Wars - D6 Version Coming Back

22 posts in this topic

The old Star Wars RPG, the one that is now the basis for the reboot of the Star Wars franchise has been out of print for a long time....

Until now. - get your D6s ready. (Even though it it is the wrong die for the game, as was the D20 version... Obi Wan says it best - Use D4s Luke! Use D4s!)

The Auld Grump

4 people like this

wonder if that means the mini's will be re-released as well:)

1 person likes this

I dunno. Frankly, the prepaints were more proportionate and looked better. I'd as soon see new sculpts.

But STAR WARS D6 WOOHOO!

1 person likes this

Almost certainly not.

Heck, I am not sure the masters or the molds are even still around.

Mind you, miniatures have come a long way since then....

The Auld Grump

That brings back memories.  Still wish I had my original set, but... 

I'm trying to remember what I did with mine.  That was many years ago and I can't recall if I sold them, gave them to a good home, threw them away, or if they just got boxed up when I left for basic.

I not only still have my d6 star wars books, but I even kept the core book out of storage. It's on my small shelf of rpg books that made the cut to be brought to NYC with me!

2 people like this

There was soooo much material for the original D6 version. A shame that nearly all of it is now non-canon.

What I find interesting is how there are already other SW RPGs out there currently in print.

At the time, teenage me in the remote farmlands of NW Ohio had no idea how much stuff was out there.  All I had was the 1st edition rulebook, the sourcebook, and the first Otherspace module.  I probably would have had a nerdgasm if I had known.

1 person likes this

Collecting and reading all that other stuff over the years has been great. So much that I've used bits and pieces of for all sorts of games.

Still have first and second editions, and recently acquired the rules companion.

1 person likes this

I have a ton of D6 SW books thanks to I went crazy when West End Games had a blow out sale on them way back then. Platt's Starport guide, Platt's Starship, Craaken's etc etc etc. Loved that system, some of my favorite gaming memories comes from D6 SW!!

2 people like this

Indeed i still have my rule book.  I also have lots of the source books in PDF. It was probably my most played Sci-fi RPG next to shadowrun. I even used the rules to make a short non star wars campaign.

1 person likes this

I have quite a few, though not all, of my old WEG SW books.

I wonder how compatible they will be with the new system.  Any details available yet?