TheAuldGrump

Star Wars - D6 Version Coming Back

21 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I have quite a few, though not all, of my old WEG SW books.

I wonder how compatible they will be with the new system.  Any details available yet?

Pretty sure it will be 100% - this isn't a new system, this is the original making a reappearance, maybe temporary, but I have hopes....

The number of old war stories I am hearing, from folks that played and loved the game. (Including somebody that had a droid named R2C4... what done goed boom.

The Auld Grump

Technically the D6 version is not coming back, but is getting reprinted, like the 1st edition AD&D books did a short while back.

The new Fantasy Flight system is not rules compatible with d6, but the scenarios can easily be ported over. I also have to say I like the new FF system better than the old D6.

Halber

31 minutes ago, Halberkill said:

Technically the D6 version is not coming back, but is getting reprinted, like the 1st edition AD&D books did a short while back.

The new Fantasy Flight system is not rules compatible with d6, but the scenarios can easily be ported over. I also have to say I like the new FF system better than the old D6.

Halber

Well that's much less exciting. I still have my old books I don't need new ones that add nothing.

On 9/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

I dunno. Frankly, the prepaints were more proportionate and looked better. I'd as soon see new sculpts.

But STAR WARS D6 WOOHOO!

Well, there is Star Wars: Legion coming (IIRC) at the beginning of the year.

Legion is supposed to be a more squad-centric miniatures game.  I'm guessing that it will follow FFG's current model of having the game materials in each purchase.  Miniatures will be slightly larger than IA (I'm guessing more 32mm rather than 25/28mm).

4 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Well that's much less exciting. I still have my old books I don't need new ones that add nothing.

You'll be able to get them cheeto stained all over again!

I'm excited for the new SW Skirmish minis game. Less excited with their template/movement tray squads IMHO. Seems gimmick-ey, like they did with that fantasy game a few years ago. Wondering how dependent the rules are for that? If so maybe I'll just collect & hobby rather than play...

Damon.