Sign in to follow this  

Goldar, Male Barbarian 77047

This is the very first fig that I ever bought, 8 or 9 years ago.  It was for my first D&D session with some close friends, and I fell in love with the game on the spot.  This character has gone through a lot: demonic armor possession, lost both of his eyes, had a hole punched through his chest, died 3 times, came back as a zombie, body taken over by a lich, and currently resurrected in the body of a half-ogre.  I have a new fig for the character and his new body, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.  I finally got around to painting him over the weekend.  His eyes are a little googly, and the attempt at highlighting didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm glad he turned out OK.  Tips on highlighting would be most appreciated, as that's what I was trying out on this one.  Thanks as always!

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Overall pretty happy with how he turned out. 
      Would love any feedback for improvement...

• By 72moonglum
      Hi there, 
      a general question, is there any idea when the Frost Giant queen from the last round of Bones Kickstarter is going to be released to the public? One of the coolest minis from that last Kickstarter.
    • By Kev!
        Entombed treasure you wish to see, then vanquish you must the Wardens three!

Click to zoom,
    • By Sophie was taken
      The second mini from the Layer Up! Learn to Paint Kit, Ingrid the Gnome Thief:

A fun little mini. She taught me that I love to overdo shadows. This is very evident on her cape, though glazing did help a little bit. On the bright side, the sculpt has some big, expressive eyes, and I think both came out halfway decent for a change.
      This one has a fun base, as well. Lots of details to pick out, and the instructions have a neat combo for painting mossy patches that I’ll have to steal for future use. Feedback is appreciated!
    • By Goddesstio
      So... I got into D&D last year because of my husband. I liked it, but I really like painting the minis for our campaign. I used to paint as a kid; I'd go every weekend with my grandmother and we'd paint ceramic figures (think lawn gnomes) while my mom worked. So when I got into dnd and started painting, I had fun and have since painted a ton of stuff. Now I've got some skills but one of the new things I wanted to try was blending. I've never done anything like it, and when my husband got me a Goroloth I decided he would be my experiment piece.
      I'm not good at choosing my own color schemes, so I looked up some stock images and found this:

And that's where I decided to start from.
      I based him in a darker purple and blue

And then things went downhill

I added a light mix of pink and purple, but even though I don't want there to be too much dark purple left - mostly around the edges - the lines look too solid to me. I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. Did I not thin it enough?
      I tried to go back and wet blend in some of the original purple base to soften the edges but mostly I don't think it worked.

I do like his tentacles though. Those mostly worked

If anyone has any idea how to salvage him please let me know, otherwise I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much to repaint him in the base purple and start over or if I should just put him on the shame shelf and buy a new one to try again
      Edit: Sorry I have no idea how pictures work either. 
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)