Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord of the Dish Pit

77008 Garrick the Bold as Sir Figmentius

8 posts in this topic

A while back I figured that no collection was really complete without a Sir Forscale and I thought I'd paint him in the colors of Figmentius. Eventually I'll do one for all the houses.

SirFigmentius1.JPG.075be7bbd43c447db3af9c3106452fc3.JPGSirFigmentius2.JPG.7b417a371a027e83b768185fac6f2f5a.JPG

I was pleasantly surprised how well the freehand on the Unicorn turned out. Tonight is also the first time using my new camera, and the photos turned out quite well after I figured out what a Macro was.

22 people like this

very cool. i really like that color scheme

1 person likes this

Very nice! Those colours go surprisingly well together, and the freehand unicorn is well done.

1 person likes this

Ah! Our Houseknight has arrived!!!!

Wonderful job!

Very nice idea!

3 people like this

You do realize you'll have to leave the House Procrastius one half-finished, right?

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

You do realize you'll have to leave the House Procrastius one half-finished, right?

ROFL :lol:

This is a cool idea and the first one turned out well.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I was thinking he'd be converted to lay on a bed with just his helmet and arm sticking out stabbing the alarm clock.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Jack Brown
      Nothing fancy, just practicing/getting back into the swing of painting.

• By lazylich
      My inaugural Bones 3 paint, the Iron Golem (menacing Sir Forscale that I got from either a paint-and-take at PAX or a learn-to-paint kit, can't remember which).

I'm not sure it really comes out in the picture, but I started with black/gray zenithal priming layers, airbrushed a not-too-thick layer of a bright metallic over it, dark wash, and then heavily shaded it with pure black glazes (there's supposed to be some left/right shading with the glazes, but it doesn't show well in the pictures I don't think). Then touched all the gouges with the metallic again, and painted the optics and vents with red and orange, on the assumption that iron golems are powered by some kind of eldritch furnace internally.

(Sir Forscale was splashed with whatever bright primary color was close at hand, like you do when you're a complete noob at a paint-and-take, and I hope I got the right SKU from the list that came with my shipment.)

• By TheOldGuard
      Hi All,

I thought I'd give this popular little guy a quick lick of paint.

Comments are always welcome, Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)