Sign in to follow this  
Guildenstern

Ork Mega Armoured Nob (Kromlech Juggernaut)

Trying to finish this guy up for Dakkadakka monthly - and cuz I'm leaving soon. So easily distracted.. I'm bouncing from my Gorkanaut to this guy to the Kraken diorama display I'm trying to do.

Anyway this is a resin model Kromlech puts out. I'm fairly happy with how his face has come out, except the eye. I wish I could do eyes better.

20170911_185444.thumb.jpg.b057004d69c3e12a7ad5a5c5ba2422cb.jpg

So all of my highlights have really blended in, and I'm doing some pinwashing and edgehiglighting atm, to try to bring the contrasting elements up a bit more. Hopefully I'll have time to do his rust/weathering effects before I leave on Thursday.

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      For those of you who might not know, I like shiny metallic paints a tiny bit. Just a little. As in I currently own over 50 20 different metallic paint colors (plus a few metallic inks and a new metallic wash I'm dying to try out), and I painted an entire cat-sized dragon using only metallic paints. So yeah, I'm kinda sorta IN LOVE with shiny paints.   

While re-organizing my paints the other day, I realized that I have a lot of shiny paints I haven't played with yet, and lots of fun wacky techniques I haven't fully explored with the rest. So, one purpose of this little thread will be to document my metallic paint experiments FOR SCIENCE (and totally not so I can infect everyone else with 'Must Have All The Shiny' syndrome, not at all  ).

The primary reason I started this thread, though, is because I want to invite y'all to toss questions and suggestions at me about attempting new and different (or even just tried and true) things with metallic paints, since I'm only one person and can only come up with so many ideas on my own. Like let's say you're curious how Reaper's Blade Steel will respond to drying retarder, or layering over two different metallics, or mixed with ink, etc. If you have a crazy idea, I'd love to hear it! Because crazy is where the fun is!

To make requests easier, here's a brief summary what I currently own (will be updated as needed):
      All the Reaper metallic paints. Yes, even that one. (there may be a couple OOP I don't know about that I don't own, but I have all the ones I'm aware of) All of the P3 (Privateer Press) metallic paints Several Scale75 colored metallic paints Vallejo Metal Medium (basically liquid shiny in a bottle. I mix this with lots of things!) Secret Weapon's Golden Brown metallic wash (I'm really excited to play with this!) 3 Liquitex metallic inks (gold, silver, copper)  
      I am open to acquiring new paints to experiment with, to a certain degree; I don't have the funds to go buy an entire new paint line, for example, but I could purchase a couple bottles to try out. :)

LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
      1) Secret Weapon's Golden Brown metallic wash
      2) Attempting to make pink armor from Breast Cancer Awareness Pink

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all paints used are from Reaper.

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Guildenstern
      Haven't been able to get my lights out, I want to do some close up of some of these guys but here is their group shots. If/when I do, I'll update this thread :) 

I did want to do a bit more detail on them but honestly I'm suffering from can't see syndrome so I left it for now. Maybe when my eyes improve I can get some more done on them. 
    • By Guildenstern
      Pretty sure I didn't post this already... been sick as all get out. Just took some better pics, still with phone though, but hopefully they show ok:

• By Guildenstern
      Finished my last model of 2017, the dakkajet for my Ork army (with extra dakka). Was tough taking pics of it sadly especially of the little gunners I added on. But anyway here tis:

**Edit** His name is "Aknot" btw ;)

• By Guildenstern
      This is an older GW kit, little out of scale with the newer ones, so it's a good bit smaller. But anyway I present the Warbuggy! This is one of 3 I'm working on, the other two I've converted heavily and hopefully will be done to show you soon

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)