Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 6 of the Box of Goodwill.
      Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
      Marvin---sent 1 Mar
      FireEyes---received 3 Mar, sent 10 Mar
      Flit--received 13 Mar
      Painting Dog
      Gaming Dog
      Generic Fighter---sent 15 Mar
      Horned Turtle
      Generic Fighter
      Guindyloo---sent 3 Mar
      MadJack--received 5 Mar, sent 14 Mar
      Green Eyed Monster
      Pcktlnt---sent 28 Feb
      Keianna---received 2 Mar, sent 09 Mar
      Broonkah--received 12 Mar
      Chris Palmer
      Paradoxical Mouse
      Clearman---sent 26 Feb
      Disserma---received 1 Mar, sent 8 Mar
      Kristof65--received 10 Mar, Sent 12 Mar
      Kangaroo Rex--received 14 Mar
      Wyvern Fire
      Izzy Lobo
      Rob Dean---sent 17 Mar
      Samurai Jack
      Froggy The Great
      Lidless Eye
      Rob Dean
      Chaos Wolf---sent 12 Mar
      Shadowphase---received 14 Mar
      Thes Hunter
      Arc 724
      Chaos Wolf
    • By Chaoswolf
      Lithia surveyed her surroundings warily; the battle for this ship wasn't over yet. Thanks to the warning from that ELz-1 protection unit that their unusual passenger had, they were aware of the raiders almost as soon as they struck. The rest of the ship's security and crew had broken up into small groups to ferret out the attackers. Thanks to her background with the commandos, she was scouting ahead of the main group by herself, which was exactly how she liked it.
      I found this figure on the melt table at Reapercon; she was headless and had some damage to her back, but I liked the figure and grabbed it anyway. I recently rediscovered her a few weeks ago while I was looking for something else, and decided to fix her up. Her head came from ShieldWolf miniatures plastic shieldmaiden kit, and I covered up the damage on her back by giving her a backpack/comm unit/tech thingy made from part of a GW plasma pistol, and bits of Bones sprue carved to shape.
      Thanks for looking.

• By JGroeling
      Decided to put together a little farmstand scene for a basing project. Split pieces of balsa wood to give a rough lumber approach, now I'm considering how to do painting/sealing on it, as I have minimal experience w Balsa. 

Want to keep all that little wood grain that popped up when I split them visible. Going to paint it slightly darker with acrylic browns, and then some slightly darker spots and lighter drybrush highlights to accentuate the grain. 
      Should I gesso, or stain the balsa before working on it?
      Can I just work straight on it and seal it with a varnish afterwards?
      Any balsa wood experience/suggestions appreciated.
    • By Chaoswolf
      Elpagg glanced over over the unconscious woman; she'd make an excellent prize to deliver to the cap'n. They would probably get a decent price for her at the slave markets of Nepo-7. Well, if  she lived that long...
      The raider shook his head to clear his thoughts. Best to concentrate on right now, he thought, as he continued to loot her cabin. She had jewelry and some tech equipment that would bring in a nice pile of credits; all of this was haphazardly piled on the table as he continued going through the storage compartments of her cabin.
      Suddenly, he heard a slight noise come from the other room. Damn! He should have made certain she was alone before he started to ransack her quarters. He drew his pistol and began to approach the other room. As he did so, he saw a small female shape outlined in the light coming through the open doorway.
      He grinned to himself, this was getting better and better. "Come on out here, girlie. I promise I ain't gonna hurt ya"
      The figure remained motionless for what seemed like ever, but was probably only 30 seconds, then took an uncertain step forward, rising it's hands at the same time.
      Something screamed a warning in the back of Elpagg's mind, but it was already too late. The brilliant flash of light and the searing pain from his chest both registered in his brain within milliseconds of each other.
      The ELz-1 personal protection droid scanned the raider and confirmed that  he was dead. Performing the same scan on the body of her mistress confirmed that she was still alive, and only slightly injured. Ellie, as her mistress called her, set about securing the cabin against any further intrusion, before running it's first aid programs on the unconscious woman.
      This is a  Bubblegum Crisis robot figure from Ground Zero Games that I snagged out of a BoGW a while back, and finally decide to paint.   I wanted 'her' to be a little old and dinged up looking, so I did a lot of weathering to the figure.
      I hope you like her!

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)