I like it. I miss the old Ral Partha stuff. I'm so happy Reaper is still doing it, I wish the other companies were still out there making mini's also. 

Looking forward to to seeing the counterpart to this figure. 

• Like 2

Thank you!

And Brother Jim is right; Iron Wind Metals makes/carries a lot of the old RP stuff. I haven't ever looked to see if they have these figures, though.

They don't...

These were AD&D-branded figures... 11-030 Fighters in Plate with Axe...

Only the last two sets - 11-034 and 11-035, which were never released under TSR - made it into the regular Ral Partha catalog, and are available from IWM.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Thanks, everyone!

4 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Very cool, waiting for her male partner to be finished!

I worked on him a little last night, so it shouldn't be much longer.

On September 14, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Thanks, everyone!

Did I miss him?

• Like 1

Great work, Chaoswolf!

And, as much as I like Reaper's excellent, dynamic, modern sculpts, there's something about these understated old 1980s minis that I miss.

I'd love to see a collection of Reaper Bones minis in these male/female matched pairs for such a broad variety of race/class combinations, either in Reaper's trademark style or in a pastiche of that old 1980s style.  It's probably not for everyone (and, to be fair, probably not even a profitable idea), but those Ral Partha sculpts in this series were some of my first minis way back in my early mini-painting/collecting days, and the idea of a Bones collection of similar sets really tickles my sense of nostalgia!

Another thing that I'm sure I'm not the first to notice:  I can enjoy a buxom-babe-in-a-chainmail-bikini as much as the next guy, but that 1980s Ral Partha female fighter and similar figures in that line had some fairly realistic proportions and some fairly practical armor and weapons, and with about 30 or 40 years of hindsight, it's actually kind of cool.  She'd actually rather stand out for those reasons alone among a typical collection of modern gaming miniatures....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

On 9/14/2017 at 6:05 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Thanks, everyone!

Did I miss him?

Nope. He's done, I've just been too lazy to take pics...

I'll try to fix that this weekend.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Today saw the completion of the three Void Sorcerors:

Womma Womma Womma!

All my thin pointy brushes have given up on life and chosed to split, so I am struggling abit with thin lines these days. While waiting for some new brushes I have ordred to arrive, we get a bit shoddy with the freehand symbols such as in these books. It should still be possible to make out which symbols I have tried to paint in each of them though. I hope.

These are from the “Masters of the Void Deluxe Enemy Pack” for Shadows of Brimstone, the Wierd West lovecraftian horror scifi mashup dungeon delver. This pack also includes the three Void Hounds I did a few weeks ago. So that completes the minis from that expansion.

The void sorcerors are on 30mm bases, and are made from HIPS polystyre aka “hard plastic”.

• By 72moonglum
      So here is another one in my little series of old and new. I was actually going to post this yesterday as well, but I didn't have a good front shot.

So this is a Grenadier Elf or Half Elf fighter, from their twenty-piece woodlands adventure box.  I painted this figure way back in the eighties to be one of my player characters Renny back in the day when we played D&D at Star Realm in Omaha. Back then there was a buy named Bill if I remember correctly from Offutt who was our DM, another guy, I think Roy, and then another random assortment of teenagers.

and a shot from behind, where you'll see there's lots of grass stuck to the base. I think I just didn't wait long enough for his sealant on the base to dry before I stuck him into the grass. I always paint the base black again and then seal, because I will have ultimately made a mess all over the base while painting it.  Not too worried though, these are being painted just for fun. 

and here's the front shot I was missing yesterday, where you can see a bit of difference in the shield and face:

and then just some shots of them in the same photo:

So there you have them, a small journey into my adolescent past, up to my current almost 50 year old self, who as per my beautiful wife, is still probably somehow stuck back in the past with my fascination for "muñequitos".  Like I mentioned in my previous posts I've got a few more of these yet to be started, that I'll probably do when I'm "between projects". 
      Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Chaoswolf
      The following will be the shipping order:
      Pingo
      RedAmbrosia
      Sanael
      Izzylobo
      Strawhat
      Knarthex (Not part of the box, he has just volunteered to ship to Europe)
      Glitterwolf
      Alchemist
      RobinH
      Chris Palmer
      Ttuckerman
      Generic Fighter
      Fire_Eyes
      Disserrma
      Chaoswolf (if there's anything left; I'll just transfer it to the regular BoGW)

Please update this thread when you get the box and when you send it on to the next person.

Any questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76906-reapercon-bogw/&

or PM me.
    • By 72moonglum
      So I started a little project in which I have five or six figures, old Grenadiers, that I painted when I was a teenager in the eighties.  I found new copies of them and have started doing comparative paint jobs, ones from the eighties and my new job from 2017.  I did my first one, Frito the thief:  

and now I'm doing one for a Grenadier thief mage, which I think came in one of their old Grenadier paint kits.

So here is the version from this century:

to compare him against my original version, painted somewhere between 1980-1986:

and then here they are together:

In this particular figure I tried to use mostly the same color scheme, with a few exceptions.  I changed the color of the flame and tried to create a "vial" hanging on his belt, which I don't know how well it worked, but it's kind of my first attempt at liquids and bottles.  With his dart bandolier on his bicep, I gave that a bit of color too.  

Anyhow, enjoy, I'll have another one done tomorrow, and a few more in the wings, a monk, cleric, and a wererat at the very least...
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)