Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Tabletop Blacksmith 3D Miniature Terrain

About this project

Hello,

We are so excited and honored that you are taking the time to consider our project. Our tabletop journey has brought us so much joy and satisfaction to be able to play with friends and family. The quality of the product that our terrain engineers have developed is truly a reward all its own. That being said, we would like to continue as a team to provide versatile, durable, and affordable terrain to everyone who might be interested in it. 

We created our terrain with the Game Master in mind. It is our mission to provide a suite of tools that could be provided that empower off-the-rails playability. We look forward to all of the community input so that we can tailor our efforts to bring to life the answers to the problems that we, as GMs, face throughout the multiverses.

With your help, we hope to become an additional tool that can be wielded in the moment it is needed most. 

dc46dc9350a934ded49993c950021cc3_origina

1 Set 1 Set

Our basic set comes with the following: 

• 6- 4x4 inch tile floors
  • 8- 4 inch walls
  • 4- 2 inch walls
  • 6- 1 inch walls
  • 2- 1 inch doors

The floor tiles and walls are separated so that the GM can manipulate the field as they see fit. There is no prep time needed because the walls can be dropped in place immediately and configured in any conceivable fashion. Our walls lock together with magic so that they are stable without needing to be connected to the floor tiles.

We designed the walls with playability in mind so that everyone at the table can still have a good view of the dungeon without needing to stand up and peer in. Standard 28mm miniatures are easily visible, and even paper tokens can be seen without requiring additional effort. 

By using the standard grid as a basis, we wanted to make sure that our product would enhance your existing setup, not become a replacement.

d52b44c4013f3c0ac8deceb04271a7f9_origina

*Add-on purchases are available for backers who purchase two sets or more.

2d7a86036ef58c8cd339983c375dca33_origina

Our Forest Pack comes with two types of trees. We designed the trunks so that the leaves could be removed for those players or enemies who enjoy scaling the trees to hide or fire from a better vantage point. The $25 purchase comes with two trees, each of our small and large platform trunks.

83b31cd7dfa4ba49185fdbd71376c626_origina

It is our great pleasure to offer our Caravel Add-on. This vessel connects with the same magic as our walls. The ship is stackable so multiple levels can be purchased if desired. The masts, sail yards, and crows nest are designed so that dramatic swashbuckling action can take place above the vessel itself. The masts can be removed if needed and can be replaced with the mast slot cover, in the event that the vessel is driven by oars or some other means.

The ship is made up of three locking pieces: prow, aft and midship. The prow and aft can be connected to form smaller vessels and additional middle sections can be combined to create mighty warships or trading vessels. 

The undercarriage of the ship has four pillar slots that can be used to prop a ship up giving the GM the ability to place lurking sea creatures underneath. This also enables the GM to utilize the ship as an airship if desired, flying above the battlefield and exploring the skies.

The $149 purchase comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three masts, three mast hole covers and one crow's nest.

645a6840e5468ec1779d751b211ec70d_origina

Our $99 Galley Add-on comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three mast hole covers.

7e2c6847bb5c4249507a1974826aaa20_origina

The $22 Support Pillars Add-on comes with 11- 3 inch tall support pillars that can be used to raise your ship off the ground or can be used as flying platforms to keep track of PCs and enemies in the chaos of battle.

First Created. Risks and Challenges doesn't have much info. If you search for the creator, Joshua Bladh, you'll find a real estate agent in Chino, CA, which is not the city in the KS project. However, if you look at the first post in the Tabletop Blacksmith FB page, you'll see various people, whose FB page says they're from from Chino, CA. Can't find more info, so contact him directly for his KS project management experience.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/548467345/drakenstone-magnetic-modular-castle-terrain?ref=discovery#

About
      My name is Andy, and I've been building miniature fantasy terrain since the 1980s. I have used my hand-made magnetic modular terrain for Dungeon Escape and Legendary Arena Battles at Eye of the Beholder Gaming Guild in Taylor, MI. My prototype pieces are on display at Acropolis Games in Adrian, and Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor. Many players have asked how they can take home magnetic terrain pieces to continue their adventure at home.
      I use Hirst Arts blocks (I am a fully licensed Hirst Arts dealer). The process is fun... but painfully slow, as each block must be cast individually, then glued together. To save time and effort, I've began making molds of ENTIRE ROOMS, so that they can be cast AS ONE SINGLE SOLID PIECE with no glueing. Instead of using delicate, breakable plaster, I have been casting using 57D Resin, with enormous success. Instead of building a room in several days, I pour the resin in the mold, and its finished in two minutes. I can cast the entire 29 piece dungeon in one hour. What took me weeks before, now takes only an afternoon.
      The 57D Resin is urethane rubber. It is slightly flexible, making it shatter-proof. The rooms can be dropped, and they will remain literally undamaged. No more chipping, cracking, or breaking! Say goodbye to handling delicate pieces. Since they come right out of the mold looking like granite, there is no paint to chip away or rub off. However, the material is paintable, should you choose to add your own dry-brush. Colors available are: Black Onyx, Black Granite, OrcSkin Gray, Gray Granite, White, White Granite, Frost, and Glow in the Dark.
      There is no glue involved in any of the pieces.
      The magnets are EMBEDDED directly inside the walls during the molding process, and cannot come loose, break off, or become lost. That makes our terrain suitable for kids of any age. Every terrain piece "snaps" together. 
      Players who already own Dwarven Forge sets will enjoy the fact that DrakenStone terrain meets up perfectly with their existing sets, making it the perfect compliment. The playing surface is exactly the same height, and the squares are exactly the same size as Dwarven Forge. 
      Please join us for a D&D 5E PVP one-shot game "Dungeon Escape", played Monday nights at 7pm, at Eye of the Beholder Gaming Guild, 12345 Telegraph Road, Taylor, MI. See the terrain being used in a real game. Or, watch us live on Facebook.
      Risks and challenges
      I have already created all the molds. I have already purchased the magnets in bulk. The last step is purchasing the 57D Resin. In pint-sized and gallon-sized units, the cost is very expansive... making the sale of sets to the public prohibitively expansive. However, in a 5-gallon, or even a 55-gallon drum, the cost of the resin is considerably less. Obtaining this bulk quantity of materials will keep the finished castle pieces at a low cost to customers. A 55-gallon drum of the 57D Resin costs $1,000.
      Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
    • By Lidless Eye
      Here's my work on the "Tablescapes Dungeons-Mines" set from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

The Goblins are all from "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town" set, and the Dwarves are mixed manufacturer.  I just wanted to give it a little character...or some little characters.

• By Brianuk
      The next project should be a bit easier than the ships. Have brought 3 boxes of cardboard letters from Aldi. They are on sale and were part of their middle isle wedding stationery promotion. They spell "L OV E" not "F I R S T T R Y". 

The idea is to make a temple wall complex/ set of sewer walls / set of docks. 

When stacked together these are 5cm high, 20cm long and 15cm wide. I wanted some terrain that was modular, stackable, and tall enough to block line of site. Also that models could be pushed off. 

I cut and stuck the L and the E together to make a "C" shaped Dock. Greenstuff rollers (bricks, and Ancestral Recall) applied to 5mm foam stuck to the walls and floor. There will be a grate in the bottom of one wall. Painting will just be black or brown mod podge then dry brushing. I am going to try and add some vines/flock/green weathering. 

Am then going to make a series of arches out of the "O" letters. The middle of the O is the perfect size for a single based 28mm model. 

The "V" will either be a redoubt or turned into straight walls with some waste. 

• By Jeneki
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1737676429/bio-craft-master-crafted-miniature-gaming-terrain

Some neat looking alien terrain.  I like the idea of curved walls as it should make handling miniatures easier.  Looks like this creator has delivered a resin project before (a dice tower).

*edit* Not sure why images aren't working, I'll try again later.

Also some cool stuff in the stretch goals. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Katherine Blacklock – As strong as steel and as bold as brass, This Monster Hunter won’t let anything stop her from gaining her kill and claiming her prize.
       PLAY Miss Sarah Whiteheart – flying at high speed with her jetpack; Sarah’s primary job is to deliver documents to and from the front line which is fraught with artillery air fire and explosive danger. Who the heck needs carrier pigeons?
       PLAY  Eliza Starley – Traveling in her Tesla powered attack wheel inspired by her great grandfathers Penny farthing design she patrols the cobbled streets of London to rid this dark city from sin and crime
       PLAY  Florence Wattsmith – this classically trained investigator is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to the paranormal. Hunting and trapping the nasties’ that keep you up at night with her EMP wrist detector and phantom vortex pack.
       Olivia Judith Bray – The head of heavy infantry for The Queens guard and a fearsome knight, Olivia roams the battle field as if invincible with her Tesla Cannon and Steam companion Jarvis.
       Name Unknown – In a time when body snatching is at its highest and human experimentation to the dead is unregulated, the deceased do not always sleep, This Ghoul hunter protects London’s largest cemetery from body snatchers and the dark creatures that roam in the night.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)