Sign in to follow this  

Tabletop Blacksmith 3D Miniature Terrain

About this project

We are so excited and honored that you are taking the time to consider our project. Our tabletop journey has brought us so much joy and satisfaction to be able to play with friends and family. The quality of the product that our terrain engineers have developed is truly a reward all its own. That being said, we would like to continue as a team to provide versatile, durable, and affordable terrain to everyone who might be interested in it. 

We created our terrain with the Game Master in mind. It is our mission to provide a suite of tools that could be provided that empower off-the-rails playability. We look forward to all of the community input so that we can tailor our efforts to bring to life the answers to the problems that we, as GMs, face throughout the multiverses.

With your help, we hope to become an additional tool that can be wielded in the moment it is needed most. 

1 Set 1 Set

Our basic set comes with the following: 

• 6- 4x4 inch tile floors
  • 8- 4 inch walls
  • 4- 2 inch walls
  • 6- 1 inch walls
  • 2- 1 inch doors

The floor tiles and walls are separated so that the GM can manipulate the field as they see fit. There is no prep time needed because the walls can be dropped in place immediately and configured in any conceivable fashion. Our walls lock together with magic so that they are stable without needing to be connected to the floor tiles.

We designed the walls with playability in mind so that everyone at the table can still have a good view of the dungeon without needing to stand up and peer in. Standard 28mm miniatures are easily visible, and even paper tokens can be seen without requiring additional effort. 

By using the standard grid as a basis, we wanted to make sure that our product would enhance your existing setup, not become a replacement.

*Add-on purchases are available for backers who purchase two sets or more.

Our Forest Pack comes with two types of trees. We designed the trunks so that the leaves could be removed for those players or enemies who enjoy scaling the trees to hide or fire from a better vantage point. The $25 purchase comes with two trees, each of our small and large platform trunks.

It is our great pleasure to offer our Caravel Add-on. This vessel connects with the same magic as our walls. The ship is stackable so multiple levels can be purchased if desired. The masts, sail yards, and crows nest are designed so that dramatic swashbuckling action can take place above the vessel itself. The masts can be removed if needed and can be replaced with the mast slot cover, in the event that the vessel is driven by oars or some other means.

The ship is made up of three locking pieces: prow, aft and midship. The prow and aft can be connected to form smaller vessels and additional middle sections can be combined to create mighty warships or trading vessels. 

The undercarriage of the ship has four pillar slots that can be used to prop a ship up giving the GM the ability to place lurking sea creatures underneath. This also enables the GM to utilize the ship as an airship if desired, flying above the battlefield and exploring the skies.

The $149 purchase comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three masts, three mast hole covers and one crow's nest.

Our $99 Galley Add-on comes with the prow, the aft, and the midship. It also comes with three mast hole covers.

The $22 Support Pillars Add-on comes with 11- 3 inch tall support pillars that can be used to raise your ship off the ground or can be used as flying platforms to keep track of PCs and enemies in the chaos of battle.

First Created. Risks and Challenges doesn't have much info. If you search for the creator, Joshua Bladh, you'll find a real estate agent in Chino, CA, which is not the city in the KS project. However, if you look at the first post in the Tabletop Blacksmith FB page, you'll see various people, whose FB page says they're from from Chino, CA. Can't find more info, so contact him directly for his KS project management experience.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Purgatory is a game and world created by Underestimated Games, which in 2016 successfully launched Purgatory on the Kickstarter platform, funding at the first attempt. You can read about the first Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1306503490/purgatory

The Age of Purgatory is a period in the human calendar where Angels, Knightmares and Devils have ravaged our world in the aftermath of the War for Heaven. Angels, responsible for the development and harmony of the worlds under their charge have renounced their oaths, casting off the shackles of subversion of careless Gods to forge their own path in the wake of the betrayer in chief, Satan.

As Satan's followers flocked to his banner and turned upon their kin, blades were drawn and siblings slain and only by the combined efforts of Penemue coordinating the loyalist resistance alongside the arrival of the Archangel Michael, lord of the third Heavemy Host, did they banish and cast the renegades out of the seventh Heaven.

With Fallen Angels landing on Earth, war erupted and humans were enslaved by the millions or enlisted to serve despicable new masters. But as evil ascends, good rises to meet it and pockets of humans, galvanised by Angels still loyal to their lords formed in small groups to resist the threat posed by the predators in their midst.

Now, with the Soul Train and Murder Inc. in play from the first Kickstarter, it is the turn of the Refugees of Religion and possibly the Gangbangers to join, what many are calling the War of Ending.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
      more examples of their minis can be seen in Murder Inc one of those funded in the first KS

and more can be seen on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/pg/purgatoryminiatures/photos/?ref=page_internal

I pledged in the last KS and they were a pleasure to deal with, excellent communication, on time for a lot of pledges (a couple of minis were delayed so those of us getting them were a couple of months late which is KS terms is nothing), and they've carried on being active with the game subsequenty
    • By lexomatic
      Some friends are doing this, under their Infinite Dimensions Games, though I'm not involved. The Kickstarter will take place in March and is for digital files for 3D print. If I remember correctly there are no physical rewards. While people should hold off until the details of the crowdfund are released, my understanding is that the core set is done, any stretch goals will pay for the labour of doing the design/sculpting of those items only, so the core set would be ready as soon as funding period is over. 
      They have a Facebook and Instagram and more for lots of previews (but I'm not linking because I'm not sure what on those sites will break forum rules), and if anyone is attending BreakoutCon this year in Toronto, they will be there displaying.
    • By SamuraiJack
      TIME WARP featuring Rampage Castle and detailed game-ready buildings from Europe and the Americas designed for your home 3D Printer
    • By Pingo
      My birthday is imminent (precioussss), and my husband gave me this resin ship model from German manufacturer Gelaendestuecke.
      I've never done anything like this before: Never worked with resin, never made a ship model, never tried to figure out rigging and sails (they aren't included in the model and even the masts are just dowels at the moment).
      So ... Woohoo, I have no idea what I'm doing. But I figure it'll be fun figuring it out.
      Here's the box

And the instructions in their entirety

The hull and the deck

The wooden bits, the mast, bowsprit, and railings

The cabin has a few issues. Note the little spot the arrow points to. That becomes relevant later.

It also has a big missing spot from a bubble in the back

And a crack and missing piece on one side

Okay, so here's how I've begun it.
      First I scrubbed the resin pieces with a toothbrush in very hot water and dish liquid. There was a nasty waxy substance under the hull which I assume is mold release.
      Once cleaned, the bottoms of the pieces were really shiny, which seemed like it would cause a problem with the epoxy adhering.

But sanding resin is problematic. Its dust is very fine and lightweight and highly toxic. Bad stuff to breathe.
      So I sanded them underwater, with a few drops of dish liquid add to break the surface tension so the dust wouldn't float on the water. Resin really wants to float.

Sanding on the cabin exposed a greasy, waxy white substance where that little splodge was, something like a white oil pastel, and kind of gross.

Scraping it out exposed more of it within the resin and lost a few flakes of the surface. It can be seen, rather big in this picture of the ship as it is at present.

And here's a side view.

• By Rat13
      Recently I started playing Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago so my need for terrain has increased. One particular scenario in the rulebook caught my creative attention. It calls for a watchtower, so I figured I'd try my hand at building one. For the record this will be my first piece of terrain.
      I wasn't sure how I was going to build this piece and what exactly I was going to use. I remembered I had a leftover square "dowel" from when I built measurement sticks for Song of Blades and Heroes and I figured they would make pretty good supports for my tower. After deciding to use the dowel it didn't take much thought to realize I was going to make this piece out of toothpicks and popsicle sticks.
      Now I had to make a decision, would I build a ladder or a series of ramps? If I understand the rules of the game carrying a treasure halves your movement, climbing also halves your movement, and they stack. So if there is a treasure at the top of the tower (which the scenario calls for) it'll take a couple turns to climb down. With this in mind I opted for a series of ramps and platforms instead (my failed attempt at making a siege ladder also reinforced this idea).
      My watchtower so far.

My failed attempt at a ladder.

The platforms I decided to go with.

The first ramp.
      I originally lumped this project in with my regular painting thread but I thought it deserved it's own thread (it is terrain after all), so here it is.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)