Sign in to follow this  

The Dawn of the Archmage - A Miniatures Game

About this project

Note: If funded we will make Spanish and Italian rules available via PDF

Summon Your Power!  

Dawn of the Archmage is a small unit (miniatures) skirmish game for 2 to 4 players. Each mage will represent a school of magic, summoning powerful monsters to the battlefield. Pitting their fearsome creatures in gladiatorial battle, one mage will reign victorious, ascending to the title of Archmage.  

Do you have the strength and strategy to defeat your enemies? Will you become the Archmage?    

project video thumbnail

Dawn of the Archmage continues the rich fantasy world of Archmage Origins. Once the rulers of Sorcado, mages have fallen from power. Challengers arrive from every corner of the land. Knighted Paladins, land-hungry Lords... all seek to dethrone the mages. But mages don't go down easily. It's time to fight back!   

Each mage uses summoning powers to bring new and dangerous creatures to the battlefield. Expending massive mystical energy, their battle grows in frenetic power as monstrous beasts fight for the mages who control them, seeking to destroy all challengers in a magic-fueled frenzy. 

Mages of Sorcado Mages of Sorcado

Ultimate power hangs in the balance as ferocious monsters shake the earth with battle-lust.

In addition to summoning fearsome creatures to fight, mages posses a selection of powerful spells. With a single word, the battle can shift. Manipulating odds, controlling movement, and countering rival's spells, the mage's strategy will determine the supreme ruler of Sorcado. 

The battle rages everywhere. Modular map tiles allow the mages to customize the battle area. Large, sprawling battlefields or close, confined ones... the fight is different every time. Will it be the Arena? The Forest? The Ruins? Or even Underground?

• Like 1

This is a relaunch of a project which didn't fund the first time. However, the company has a very successful kickstarter track record. I've backed multiple projects so far and been very happy with the rewards. Also, the creator goes above and beyond for customer service. I ordered a t-shirt with the nightmare forest kickstarter, and I accidentally cut it when opening the package. Totally my fault, but when I mentioned it while posting that I had received my game the creator contacted me and gave me a free replacement.

There are mini only pledges available, including sets of 5 (the rows above) for $15 or a set of all 20 for $60. Of course the full game with minis is only $10 more than the minis alone, so if you wanted all 4 sets you might as well back for the game. Some painted samples: