Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I've been working on these since last year, a couple figures at a time. I hope to eventually put together an entire army of them but redneck sculpts aren't that easy to find. The chronoscope zombie hunters/survivors and the new hillbilly are next on the list of acquirements. 

The car is a 1/32 scale 1970 Plymouth Road Runner from Jada Toys Fast and Furious line. Somewhat over scale, but it looks close enough and is easy to take apart.

I resisted the urge to Mad Max it as I wanted it to be more along the lines of a car left in the barn for some years before TSHTF.

I chose to use warmer colors to match popular 70s shades and to give it a hint of the General Lee.

These two are the first ones I painted and the freehand flannel isn't the best but it give him the look of a regular farmer. The one on the right is a combination of Darryl from the Walking Dead and Rambo. Both are from Wargames Factory Apocalypse Survivors:The Men.

Next are Westwind's Redneck Militia. They were fun to paint, especially the cans of Hamms.
      Berkeley was done as a homage to Ash from Army of Darkness.

I freehanded more flannel on Billy Joe and it came out much better than my first attempt and the flag on his hat came out better than I expected.
      The flock on his overalls was an accident but I'm leaving it as it suggests the white lightning in his jug caused him to stumble a bit. I also am happy with the freehand on his rag.
      Bobby Jo is the one that I think came out the best.
      Eventually I'll get them another vehicle and some plasticville mobile homes.

Eventually I'll make a full unit of these guys. 

The beginning of what will be another unit of PumpkinGuard. The shape of the shields made the freehand a bit more difficult.

When I got back into painting in October of 2015, these were among the first minis I bought. Since I'd been painting undead mostly when life got in the way years ago, I thought it appropriate to begin again with the same.(I also got a couple boxes of Zombicide VIPs undead are the easiest things to paint and after an 11 year gap I needed something forgiving at first) However I didn't actually get them done until Halloween of 2016. It was also my first attempt at freehand in years.
      In 2007 I began doing gig posters for The House Café in DeKalb IL. Most of these involved the antics of a group of Greys who had a running feud with a mad scientist. Instead of the usual ideas concerning aliens, that they're either here to bring us to either enlightenment or destruction, I went with the idea that they were instead intergalactic juvenile delinquents who were basically greasers in space. So for several years I was thinking about doing 3d figures of them, and eventually found Reaper's saucer. Unfortunately I didn't realize for a couple weeks after buying it at the FLGS that the grey's head was missing, and once I did I put it aside with the rest of my "eventually will get done" projects.
      So last week I realized that some dollhouse sized easter eggs would work well as a grey head, and I revived the project. I ended up having one of the greys donate his head to the saucer as the egg would not fit under the canopy, and feeling slightly guilty about this I attached the egg to the donor, discovering that he now looked very close to my drawings.

This was my first time painting flames, and it didn't quite come out as I expected. But I thought about it more and the paint jobs on early hot rods weren't usually professional looking either, so I decided to run with it. The Big Daddy Roth style engine was from a Hot Wheels Golf Cart. (which will be intergrated into my redneck warband at some point.)

For the pictures I had to place it on an unglued Reaper flight stand, as the one it was glued to snapped under the uneven weight. After I move I'll see about tracking down a more durable one that hopefully will have it sit higher off the table.

And a pic of "Lil Prober", the brave head donor. Eventually I've have to mold a leather jacket for him.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)