Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zink
      Decided to make this into a WIP. I've never done one so why not. Started here.
      Work is taking long lately and not much energy to paint but hopefully more soon. Pedicting 35 C temperatures in a couple days so I might be hiding in the basement more than working then. Any suggestions and comment welcome.
    • By Skrill
      Hi,
      After being very lazy on the painting front for a while, I decided to knock a batch of models off of my unpainted shelf.
      These models are part of an expansion from the "Dungeon Saga" board game called the "Warlord of Galahir".
      The theme of the expansion is mostly Orcs and Goblins with a couple of new heroes: a Salamander (a fiery lizard man) and a Glade walker shaman (a tree-man). The models are cast in "coloured plastics" so the details may not be the sharpest, there was a lot of warping, but it is pretty good for a boardgame, and there is a pair of identical sculpts in each batch.
      Painting-wise, I went for quick tabletop quality, no blending, stark highlights, and resilient clear coat as I'm expecting these models to see quite a bit of action with the kids. The hardest mini to paint was the Orclings as they are super-tiny and tightly crammed on the base (they are based by default) making reaching out some spots challenging.

C&C welcome

Heroes and Boss:

Trolls:

Orcs:

Goblins:

Orclings and Mawbeasts:

• By Pragma
      I am a big fan of the HeroQuest board game, which I played with my dad and brother in the 90s. Lots of happy memories. Well, now I am the dad and my kids have gotten into my old game of HeroQuest! There were only two problems. First, we were missing the dwarf figure. Second, the heroes are all male, which didn't seem very fair to my daughter. So I decided to solve both problems with help from my collection of unpainted bones.

First, the barbarian. My daughter requested a purple dress and blue hair. So how could I resist? She also asked for either a heart or flower pattern on the shield, so I decided to make a flower out of hearts.

My son chose the dwarf, and wanted him kept fairly close to the box art. So I kept him in reds and browns, with a white beard. He made the base out of sculpey with a little help from me. He wanted lots of bones and stuff on the base, so I gave him an old skeleton mini and let him cut it up and glue the bits onto the base.

The elf I had already painted, but my daughter thought she was "the most beautiful" so I just touched her up a bit and attached her to a new base. Unfortunately she went on just a little crooked.

The wizard was also already painted, and just got a touch up and a new base. My son requested a bit of scroll on the base, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

All the bases were done in sculpey and painted to look like squares from the HeroQuest game board. I can't wait to play our first game with the new party! Comments and criticism appreciated :).
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

From the Green Rage module...

Bad hombre,
      Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Yet another enemy game piece,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)