Ducknuck84

77042 Orc Marauder

2nd Mini to be finished from the LTP core skills. I'm really happy with how he turned out. also think I learned a lot more with him then the skeleton archer, although I did kind of skip ahead and tried some things with those skeleton guardians I painted but this guy solidified those skills I think.

orc1.jpg

Edited by Ducknuck84
  • Like 19

"Unleash da boyz!" I think it looks good too.. You have splendid brush control and each paint is where it is supposed to be..

Time to up the ante by increasing contrast. Whic means darker darks and lighter lights.. 

Be bold, be adventurous.. Try it and you will not be sorry.

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 2

That's good work.  I got two of the Learn to Paint kits back when they were still metal, before Bones were invented and always thought the skills taught were so important.  I like the texture to the silvery parts, looks properly dirty.  And his eyes turned out great too!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

@stormbreach  Ya I would definitely recommend the kits to anyone, still got the 2nd kit waiting in the wings for after i finish Timur. I'm also happy with how the eyes turned out too as its been a long time sense I've done any and most of those were on 40k minis and i never really liked how they turned out, although i have no idea how you are supposed to paint these with the 0 brush they give you as it was a lot bigger then the one pictured in the instructions, ended up having to use a 10\0 brush for the eyes