Sign in to follow this  
Arutema

Where to get translucent weapons?

So Starfinder is out, and introduces a class with the gimmick of using a blade of pure sunlight or shadow.

I think a clear blade with a yellow/golden wash will work for the photon blade, but where can one get clear swords or sword blades for 28mm minis?

Bones III is slowly hitting retail, there are some translucent coloured weapon sprues coming I believe.

• Like 1

If you can wait a while, as Glitterwolf says, there were a bunch in the  Bones 3 Kickstarter.  They haven't hit retail, and their expected release date is To Be Determined (I suspect because they will require non-standard packaging.)   

In the meantime, you can try searching eBay for someone who might be getting rid of theirs for some reason.

19055907_1381633458541098_2038235630797702560_o.jpg

• Like 2

Curses, I got in on bones 3, but all the armory sets I ordered were the regular solid grey kind.

• Like 2

Alternatively those little cocktail skewers shaped like swords can be cut and used for that purpose. They come in lime green and pink. Not sure about yellow.

Quick check of Amazon shows them in orange and clear (colorless). Also plastic toothpicks are a thing?

• Like 4

A few of those pre-primered WizKidz Pathfinder and D&D minis come with clear weapons/spell effects and have a pretty low price point. And don't forget the old Star Wars and D&D pre-paints. There were clear weapons and effects in those, too, and you can find a lot of them cheap online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arutema said:

Curses, I got in on bones 3, but all the armory sets I ordered were the regular solid grey kind.

If you got Core, maybe you could use the weapons from the invisible heroes?

• Like 4