Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I think this should probably go in the show off section:
So last year, after working at a spice export company for ten years, in management's ultimate wisdom, they closed down our office and moved it to two different offices, one in California and one to Chennai, India. I got a new job in a different industry, so all's well that ends well. One of the perks I did end up was this display case that they used to show off spice samples. I've had it in my basement for quite a while now, but a few weekends ago I finally found a cheap piece of furniture to put it on, so last night built the shelves I got from Super Duper Target and filled it full of my painted stuff.
Here it is with an angle to the little area I slavishly paint away at
And a closer view
I found the most awsome thing ever today - An old Grandfather Clock Frame. It'll be the perfect display case for my painted miniatures. This Is My Vision;
I'm going to add shelves to it to make it appear to be a Clock Tower that is to scale with my miniature,. This means I'll be adding Stairways between levels, and creating multiple types of levels to showcase different types of monsters (E.G. the bottom most level might be "under water", there will be a Sci-Fi Level or two, a "Etherial Plane" level (made of translucent blue plastic) etc)
Challenges and Next Steps;
- The wood is stained Blond, which is my least favorite color of stained wood. I need to sand it down and re-stain it a darker color. The Darker the better.
- I Need to get glass, or plexi-glass cut for all sides of the clock.
- I need to Measure and cut wood or other materials to serve as shelves, and I need to decide how many to put in and decide on a general layout.
Lastly, but not leastly,
- I need to take pictures to add to this thread - This is going to be an awesome project and I want to share it with you all.
Who's Online 47 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Cranky Dog
- Rob Dean
- Darsc Zacal
- Xiwo Xerase
- Geoff Davis
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Chris Palmer
- Paradoxical Mouse