Corporea

curse you and your fun ideas!!! ie: Corporea is accepting rainbow dragon challenge thingy

14 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I feel like you just dead-dropped atomic secrets.  Perhaps there is something to this "Colour Theory".   My government will pay handsomely for the microfiche.

I hear she teaches a class on this....  :devil:

• Like 11

yeah- things were simpler when I just got to pick pretty colors that I liked.  Then I learned this arcane science stuff and it made me have to think harder.  Not to say it isn't fun... it just makes me take an extra step when planning a mini and finding maximal contrast.

It's kindof cool though, to know there really is some method to the madness!

• Like 16

I like your colors! And if you aren't doing the extra challenges, you still get tidbit colors and/or shading colors. 

The imperial purple is darker than the patch online, I believe. That might be a relief for you. Seriously though, this should turn out fabulous. 

Welcome to the madness! Take all the time you need - wouldn't want your diorama to suffer! 

• Like 5

Art Science?  In one of the only art classes I ever took, we learned a rule of thumb to squint and look at colors for values like this.  For a rule of thumb, it works surprisingly well.  Good luck with figuring these out.  At least you can add black and white to provide more separation.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I hear she teaches a class on this....  :devil:

And now I'm really excited I was able to enroll.  

• Like 7

Corporea, are you familiar with the Munsell notation? I'm still mostly working in graphite and charcoal, so I haven't dug too deeply into color. But it's set up to account for the relative values of different color, and there's some good lessons out there on using it for bracketing and mixing colors to control all three axes.

http://munsell.com/about-munsell-color/how-color-notation-works/

• Like 4

I hope you enjoy this mind-crushing challenge, Corporea! I'm incredibly eager to see how you in particular approach it. Keep in mind that there's absolutely no time limit, so don't sacrifice other projects until you have more time. Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

• Like 5

Great you're joining us!!!

Looking forward to see how you handle it.

As for me, I just splosh colours I like  on a mini hoping it will look decent enough.

Wolf's head gets confused with theory..

• Like 4