VolksFest

77049 Arthrand Nightblade's War Band

1 post in this topic

"..The destruction was total. Whoever or whatever was destroying the forest it was very methodical and thorough about it. It was as if the very life itself was sucked clean out of anything and everything for miles in every direction. The air itself reeked of unspeakable, almost palpable evil..

- Necromancers..

Cursed Arthrand the Elven Ranger under his breath and spat as he stood up. He had faced their kind before and knew what he was up against.. But this time something was different.. Something much more sinister and afoul was at work.. He could not possibly defeat this new threat alone. He had to find others.. He had to form a war band to destroy utterly and completely who dared to touch his forest!

And he knew exactly where to start.."

1.thumb.jpg.38dba1bcb18f8401efdfc10daeabc4e1.jpg2.thumb.jpg.8e773195027e321ea5f213f5822bab38.jpg3.thumb.jpg.ca1d3210a28f9ff56ee2e7c9a3321ba0.jpg4.thumb.jpg.8fe928c6a16eb707b63f9335f4f956b2.jpg

So, I decided to speedily paint some of my bones in order to form a war band of 6-8 characters.. Arthrand will be the leader and he will go around town recruiting others to his cause.. 

It was supposed to be speed paint and the painting itself was done in two days, a total of 5-6 hours. The base however took me even more since my basing materials have disappeared mysteriously.. (Damned Necromancers! ) 

So, once I get some decent flock I might do some re-basing. However I didn't fret too much about it since table-top is what I aim here.

As always, thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.. I hope you will enjoy the adventures of Arthrand Nightblade as it is revealed to us.. 

7 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings Folks!

Just a quick tabletop quality paintjob of Galadanoth, Elf Sniper from the Bones 3 Kickstarter - complete with wonky eyes......

Thanks for looking!

• By Pegazus
      Hey, @ub3r_n3rd, here's the figure that I managed to finish. The top clear coat makes it a bit shiny, but I've got it under harsh lights.

With the very zoomed in picture I'm not exactly happy with the shading on the right hand side where it transitions from light to dark in the middle fold, but that was vexing me for a long time. It's the way I want it to look, but I'm not sure everybody's eye will interpret the shape that I wanted to illustrate. There's also a woodgrain painted on the bow, but it is very subtle and doesn't look to show up here. I guess that should have been something a bit more stark.

Really feel that she's missing an arrow in her hand, since she seems to want to be nocking an arrow, but there's nothing there. Need to work on my eyes for the next figure, but that's a common refrain.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Thumper the ranger.
      His family was eaten by the same Ogres that slayed the Tortoise Cleric's Brother.
      So he joins him.

• By Pochi
      The elf ranger from my Dragons Don't Share 2 group of adventurers. I wanted my adventuring party to be diverse in skin tones so I tried my hand at a Drow. I like how his skin came out although maybe a bit dark. He wasn't my favorite adventurer and you can tell with my painting as I rushed him to get him finished. In hindsight, I didn't like the colors I chose but I didn't feel like starting over on him so he is what he is.

He has a cloth tied around his scabbard. I envisioned this as a memento from his lover as he left on his journey, perhaps her scarf. That is why it is a completely different color than anything himself or the rest of the party is wearing.

The little bit of white at the bottom of his base is where he was stuck down with sticky tack. I have touched that up.

C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)