77049 Arthrand Nightblade's War Band

"..The destruction was total. Whoever or whatever was destroying the forest it was very methodical and thorough about it. It was as if the very life itself was sucked clean out of anything and everything for miles in every direction. The air itself reeked of unspeakable, almost palpable evil..

- Necromancers..

Cursed Arthrand the Elven Ranger under his breath and spat as he stood up. He had faced their kind before and knew what he was up against.. But this time something was different.. Something much more sinister and afoul was at work.. He could not possibly defeat this new threat alone. He had to find others.. He had to form a war band to destroy utterly and completely who dared to touch his forest!

And he knew exactly where to start.."

So, I decided to speedily paint some of my bones in order to form a war band of 6-8 characters.. Arthrand will be the leader and he will go around town recruiting others to his cause.. 

It was supposed to be speed paint and the painting itself was done in two days, a total of 5-6 hours. The base however took me even more since my basing materials have disappeared mysteriously.. (Damned Necromancers! ) 

So, once I get some decent flock I might do some re-basing. However I didn't fret too much about it since table-top is what I aim here.

As always, thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.. I hope you will enjoy the adventures of Arthrand Nightblade as it is revealed to us.. 

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      "One of my favourite range of figures ever was Citadel's 1980's licensed "Lord Of The Rings" minis. I have finally decided to get all the miniatures I own painted up (over time) & try to acquire the ones which are missing from my collection (& paint them up too!)". Here is my next completed mini - Strider.
      It's actually part of a blister of 3 minis (ME1 - Fellowship Heroes) which also includes Gandalf & Frodo.
      I love the sculpting on this figure - grim yet regal. To make him look like he is roaming the wilds, I added some dirt onto the bottom of his cloak & boots by drybrushing a light brown followed by a dark brown nearest the bottom.

Thanks for looking!
    • By empi2k
      Hi there,
      here's a player character from my current Storm Kings Thunder D&D campaign (we're kind of a year behind the D&D publishing schedule ;)). The player has a moon elf rogue who is a master archer. Perfect miniature for the player. I had some difficulties with the pale moon elf skin and the hair, but I'm satisfied with the result. Hope you like it!

Here's a view of the whole party:

1st - Dual Wield Rogue (Dark Sword)
      2nd - Halmar, Young Wizard (Reaper)
      3rd - Halfling Wizard (Reaper)
      4th - Halfling Rogue (Wizkids Nolzur)
      5th - Svela Dwarf Paladin (Hasslefree)
      6th - Arathaniel (Reaper)
    • By Pochi
      The elf ranger from my Dragons Don't Share 2 group of adventurers. I wanted my adventuring party to be diverse in skin tones so I tried my hand at a Drow. I like how his skin came out although maybe a bit dark. He wasn't my favorite adventurer and you can tell with my painting as I rushed him to get him finished. In hindsight, I didn't like the colors I chose but I didn't feel like starting over on him so he is what he is.
      He has a cloth tied around his scabbard. I envisioned this as a memento from his lover as he left on his journey, perhaps her scarf. That is why it is a completely different color than anything himself or the rest of the party is wearing.
      The little bit of white at the bottom of his base is where he was stuck down with sticky tack. I have touched that up.
      C&C welcome!

• By Dcniles82
      This is something I have been working on for about a year, thanks to procrastination and being side tracked by other projects, but I finally decided to get it finished up.  It was a lot of fun to work on and I'm pleased with the finished result and the little story it tells.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!
      Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)