Cyradis

Cyr goes on a quest! A random rainbow dragon awaits!

28 posts in this topic

My dragon arrived! Deathsleet for me! The Ebonwrath is for my BF. 

I rolled a 15, 9, and 3. Ooooh boy. This is going to get funky. 

Mint green primary. 

Heather blue secondary. 

Lava orange miscellaneous. 

I am going for the base unstarred challenge because this roll is scary and the last dragon I did was like... my 3rd figure ever, over a decade ago unless you count the fairy familiar dragon. Including previous dragon in pictures. Must have been early because it is unlabeled on bottom for number (I labeled soon after beginning to track progress). 

So yeah. The mint and the blue aren't so bad. The orange?! Uh oh!! 

My dragon is going to need some work on the base to put the plastic in place better. Thinking of connecting the foot bases instead of two spots on the ground. 

I have the blue, will buy the orange and green on Saturday. 

Scheme? I got some time to ponder that!

20170913_183550.jpg

20170913_195725.jpg

20170913_200522.jpg

16 people like this

are you bringing him on Saturday?  

Since I'm in for 3 stars, it is going to be weird to bring only 4-5 bottles of paint to paint day. 

I hope they have more than one bottle of mint.  Since I won't get there until noon, and need the same color. 

combining Lava-orange  and Mint green are what make the challenge fun. I am sure you will do great. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
4 people like this

17 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

are you bringing him on Saturday?  

Since I'm in for 3 stars, it is going to be weird to bring only 4-5 bottles of paint to paint day. 

I hope they have more than one bottle of mint.  Since I won't get there until noon, and need the same color. 

combining Lava-orange  and Mint green are what make the challenge fun. I am sure you will do great. 

Yeah. I'll go to the G&M show in Golden on Friday, and CMPA on Saturday. Also bringing Mel to work on and my little princess mousling. I think sherbet dragon is going to get basing work and planning done on Saturday.

2 people like this

*** Sits in comfy chair, folds paws***

*** Let the Games begin!!!***

2 people like this

Good luck!  I think the mint green and orange could turn out pretty cool!

3 people like this

I had an idea.... 

Tropical reef for the theme. Mint green seems good for a base there, kinda in the tidal pool waters. Main watery area in the blues. Corals in the red. Maybe... maybe. 

3 people like this

On 9/14/2017 at 3:35 AM, Glitterwolf said:

*** Sits in comfy chair, folds paws***

*** Let the Games begin!!!***

*ponders how to get wolf out of chair*

I am absolutely looking forward to you folks who got the more challenging colors.  I got kinda lucky with my rolls, although having Pure Black as a secondary color isn't going to be all cookies and cream.

*Shrugs and plops down into beanbag next to glittery wolf*

1 person likes this

Having it as a secondary color is a bit nice, since then you have a non-majority to shade with black. You could quite easily do black stripes with tiny spots of your 3rd color. 

We'll all have our own little color challenges and get to see how the group tackles it!

The only worry with the tropical reef theme is that I would want more colors for the "corals". 

3 people like this

Perhaps patterned color swirls on your corals?

2 people like this

I was thinking perhaps coral like this:  7566499796_967ff5bf02_o-2-300x225.jpg 

If the mint green is all around, and then the wings and some other areas have a gradient into the blue, I can make this dendritic pattern with the orange for the corals. 

5 people like this

Wow, that will be super pretty if you can pull it off!  You can DO EET~!

3 people like this

First things first - getting the darn base figured out tomorrow with the Colorado pros! I'm not a fan of Deathsleet's two feet on the ground. There is a subtle bend on them that makes them a little unstable. I think I need to drill through and stick them together with a toothpick or a wire, then greenstuff between them. Not sure if I should pin the wings or just glue them either. I don't think pinning would be that bad - drill some holes, chop some wire, add glue, plop wings in? Shove a little green stuff in the nooks and crannies? These certainly fit together better than the metal Silver Dragon I have sitting around. 

I'd kinda like to be able to use this guy as a figure in my D&D campaign in the future (although I hadn't intended to throw dragons at them for a long LONG while - it is more undead focused). Campaign also isn't around a reef. It is in "Sirap" aka Paris + magic. Complete with the fancy wines.... which need rescuing from bad undead juju. 

7 people like this

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

First things first - getting the darn base figured out tomorrow with the Colorado pros! I'm not a fan of Deathsleet's two feet on the ground. There is a subtle bend on them that makes them a little unstable. I think I need to drill through and stick them together with a toothpick or a wire, then greenstuff between them. Not sure if I should pin the wings or just glue them either. I don't think pinning would be that bad - drill some holes, chop some wire, add glue, plop wings in? Shove a little green stuff in the nooks and crannies? These certainly fit together better than the metal Silver Dragon I have sitting around. 

I'd kinda like to be able to use this guy as a figure in my D&D campaign in the future (although I hadn't intended to throw dragons at them for a long LONG while - it is more undead focused). Campaign also isn't around a reef. It is in "Sirap" aka Paris + magic. Complete with the fancy wines.... which need rescuing from bad undead juju. 

I believe many people have pinned Cinder and Deathsleet.

They're prone to tip over or lean forward.

A little paperclip could work.

2 people like this