CashWiley

Massive Darkness Agents

19 posts in this topic

Cool skintones!

1 person likes this

I really like what you did on the swords/daggers. Your placement of highlights/shadows reads really well. I believe I'll have to replicate that in my future endeavors. Top notch!

1 person likes this

I absolutely love these. Particularly the dorf. 

1 person likes this

This are great, and the speed that you painted them with is even better!  So nice to see you painting miniatures again!  ^_^

2 people like this

Very nicely done!  I hope mine look half that good.

1 person likes this

Very nice.. NMM on the blades are top notch. 

1 person likes this

Nice.  I have to get around to start painting this but....so many bones to get done....nevermind I still have to paint a broccoli load of Black Plague.

1 person likes this

Great work!  I really wished I wouldn't have missed this KS. 

1 person likes this

Well, I like the game a lot, so I figured I may as well start painting it up.

Been a while since I've painted minis, and I had a few days off and just kinda got sucked into it. Mostly quick tabletop stuff here, though it took me longer than it should've because I was struggling to remember how to paint! Consistencies were all over the place, and when it came time to do the NMM, I drew a blank. I remembered some of the tricks, and spent a little extra time blending the blades (which turned out pretty decent for TT if I do say so).

Glad you guys like them, pretty primitive but it was fun and I really would like to get the set painted up at some point!

Additional color notes: neutral grey triad for steel, gold nmm triad for the gold. My first time using the nmm triad, and for a real paintjob I'd definitely go above and below it, but that's the case for every triad. For a quick n dirty, it's a great triad!

5 people like this

Those will look great on the TT.  I've been holding back on playing for fear that it will distract my from finishing my BP monk's.  It's nice to see the NMM gold triad in use.  I've yet to try mine out.  Seeing these means I'm going to have to break out the triad to give it a try.

2 people like this

Oh my gosh, these are fun!

I love how you've taken the things you've learned in art class and applied them here.  I think I can see the influences in your color choices and blending and lights and darks.

The metal effects are pretty dang good.  I had to look hard at some of those swords to make sure their effects were painted on.

1 person likes this

Great job on these guys!

1 person likes this

These look fantastic Cash! I adore the colour schemes, this just inspires me to slap some more paint on my MD miniatures.

1 person likes this

Nice work. These will be so much more fun to game with.  

1 person likes this