CashWiley

Massive Darkness Agents

I really like what you did on the swords/daggers. Your placement of highlights/shadows reads really well. I believe I'll have to replicate that in my future endeavors. Top notch!

• Like 1

Nice.  I have to get around to start painting this but....so many bones to get done....nevermind I still have to paint a broccoli load of Black Plague.

• Like 1

Well, I like the game a lot, so I figured I may as well start painting it up.

Been a while since I've painted minis, and I had a few days off and just kinda got sucked into it. Mostly quick tabletop stuff here, though it took me longer than it should've because I was struggling to remember how to paint! Consistencies were all over the place, and when it came time to do the NMM, I drew a blank. I remembered some of the tricks, and spent a little extra time blending the blades (which turned out pretty decent for TT if I do say so).

Glad you guys like them, pretty primitive but it was fun and I really would like to get the set painted up at some point!

Additional color notes: neutral grey triad for steel, gold nmm triad for the gold. My first time using the nmm triad, and for a real paintjob I'd definitely go above and below it, but that's the case for every triad. For a quick n dirty, it's a great triad!

• Like 5

Those will look great on the TT.  I've been holding back on playing for fear that it will distract my from finishing my BP monk's.  It's nice to see the NMM gold triad in use.  I've yet to try mine out.  Seeing these means I'm going to have to break out the triad to give it a try.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, these are fun!

I love how you've taken the things you've learned in art class and applied them here.  I think I can see the influences in your color choices and blending and lights and darks.

The metal effects are pretty dang good.  I had to look hard at some of those swords to make sure their effects were painted on.

• Like 1

These look fantastic Cash! I adore the colour schemes, this just inspires me to slap some more paint on my MD miniatures.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all! 
      I can't believe that i've missed this forum so far!

My name's Andrew Cothill and i'm trying to learn to sculpt miniatures in 3D (Zbrush). I've been at it for about 9 months now. I don't mind brutal crits so please feel free to tear into it and i'll try to taken them on board for my current WIP =)

Here's the concept i was working from by the super talented Klaher Baklaher

Here's a sketchfab link to the model too. It's heavily decimated to fit on the site
      https://sketchfab.com/models/8d870cf7fd1447759c4322b75c7fc201

Thanks for looking and have a good day!

• By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• By Ghool
      A couple more finished!

• By londwch
      Okay gonna have another attempt at posting on here.  This time I think I have found the right forum topic as last time I posted I think I may have put the pic in the wrong topic.  I've tried to get the camera on a steady surface this time and snapped a goblin I just did while listening to my team lose 2-0 - so this kept my mind nicely elsewhere.  I have tried to thin the paint a little this time and add a little highlight.  I'm not too unhappy with this so I've jazzed up the base a little with some welsh slate and quarry dust again.  It's not perfect but it's finished anyway.   
    • By LarsM
      May I present to you; Fewmaster Toede of the Dragon Lance Chronicles.

Sorry, the pictures didn't turn out that well.
      But I'm quite happy with the paintjob.

All kinds of C&C is very welcome.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)