Sign in to follow this  

Masterbox Worlds of Fantasy #2

Starting on my second project. Masterbox's World of Fantasy. Box states 1/24. Injection molded plastic.

Didn't like the Footrests, so added my own.

Added a cushion for her to sit on.

Added some rings in his horns for adding reins later. Is now ready for primer

• Like 9

I have seen the boxart before, always wondered how these looked like for real.

Nice to see one getting painted.

9 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

That's an interesting sitting position.  Does she get lifted up to get a better view of her targets?

I'm with you, the feasibility of this stuff stretches the imagination a bit:lol:. My first thought is where the heck does she put that huge rifle when not in use?

There is another kit in this series that has the lady lounging on her back on the lizard......go figure. 

Either way, at $15 it was a cheap way of taking a shot at painting something bigger. In the end, it should be interesting to look at I suppose!

Have the base color down and the lady in primer. Will post a few pics when home from work tonight. 

• Like 1

isnt that position make it difficulties on traveling full speed? ::D:. it looks really cool and the rings make it looks cooler.

im jelous  i would like to paint it ::P:

Edited by Kuche
  • Like 1

Quick snaps from the bench showing the "mount" with the base colors on. Saddle and straps still to be painted, washes, highlights etc to come

• Like 8

Nice beastie!

Reminds me of Zuul from the Ghostbusters

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1

the saddlebag looks like an old black satchel I once owned.  So I would say you succeeded in making it look like black leather.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      I just realized that I'd been painting but had not posted any of them. :-)
      I like this mini, but I often struggled with the impression that she was putting her head on for the day. :-)
      Painting her was fun, but I had a lot of problems with her mold lines, and she came out very muddy in some ways.  

• By Inarah
      I needed a bunch of female figures for an RPG set in the 1920s, and I needed them fast and cheap.  Sunday I ordered some Heroclix for a buck each, and by Wed  evening they were in my hands.  I need to modify the figures to have longer dresses appropriate for the period when the game is set. 

First thing I did was cut them off at the feet.  I found a hobby knife worked well. A sharp hobby knife would work better. 

I used two part epoxy putty to make skirts.  I just smooshed it on and smoothed it out.  I should have started with a blob between the legs and let it dry overnight for stability. 

Next: primer, paint and bases. 
    • By Silvervane
      I finally decided to call her finished.  Sana is, as usual from Hasslefree Miniatures, a great sculpt.  I really enjoyed painting her.  Hope you enjoy my paint work on this figure.

Her WIP is here.
    • By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.
      After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.
      I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
    • By Darius Glenwell
      Another quick 2 hour job for some tabletop gaming. 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)