Sign in to follow this  
Hyjynx

Masterbox Worlds of Fantasy #2

Starting on my second project. Masterbox's World of Fantasy. Box states 1/24. Injection molded plastic.

Didn't like the Footrests, so added my own.

Added a cushion for her to sit on.

Added some rings in his horns for adding reins later. Is now ready for primer

61Qsz1aD3iL.jpg

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

• Like 9

I have seen the boxart before, always wondered how these looked like for real.

Nice to see one getting painted.

9 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

That's an interesting sitting position.  Does she get lifted up to get a better view of her targets?

I'm with you, the feasibility of this stuff stretches the imagination a bit:lol:. My first thought is where the heck does she put that huge rifle when not in use?

There is another kit in this series that has the lady lounging on her back on the lizard......go figure. 

Either way, at $15 it was a cheap way of taking a shot at painting something bigger. In the end, it should be interesting to look at I suppose!

Have the base color down and the lady in primer. Will post a few pics when home from work tonight. 

• Like 1

isnt that position make it difficulties on traveling full speed? ::D:. it looks really cool and the rings make it looks cooler.

im jelous  i would like to paint it ::P:

Edited by Kuche
  • Like 1

Quick snaps from the bench showing the "mount" with the base colors on. Saddle and straps still to be painted, washes, highlights etc to come

DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0338.JPG

• Like 8

Nice beastie!

Reminds me of Zuul from the Ghostbusters

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1

the saddlebag looks like an old black satchel I once owned.  So I would say you succeeded in making it look like black leather.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Werewolvians
      I had fund painting this one. ( I was watching "Point Break" as I painted it) Not that that is related in anyway to how I painted it. Just thought I'd mention it.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infamyminis/infamy-collectibles

The Infamy: Collectibles range combines larger scale full miniatures, busts and complex or special kits. It is aimed aimed primarily at painters and collectors, but some of the models have also been designed with crossover potential in mind for gamers.
      There's no specific theme or setting - the only criteria for entry into the Collectibles range is that a model is cool and exciting! 
      Each model has been designed and sculpted by amazing artists, will be cast in the high-quality resin that Infamy has become know for, and packed up in luxury bespoke boxes.
    • By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By giyomuSan
      Hi, continuing with the wizkids ( still 2 remaining to finish the batch I ordered ^^ ) but I just received some new Bones today , finally :D

Anyway , just finshed one of the 2 elfes female paladin.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)