Cranky Dog

Cranky Dog has accepted the d20 Rainbow Dragon quest! [Immediately regrets it!]

So I've finally joined. Ebonwrath was the first dragon I managed to grab from my pile of Bones. Now assembled and brown line primed.

Here are the results, based on my modified list.

kD8z4iY.jpg

15: Alien Goo, main

3: HD Fireball Orange, secondary

17: Solid Blue, accent

kpJBL5D.jpg

On 9/14/2017 at 6:42 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

All that I'm hoping for is that Chien Irritable rolls Alien Goo for a colour.:B):

So this is YOUR doing Pezler! :grr:

Guess I'll try for the 3* challenge. It'll feel like my early days of painting when I owned a very limited palette.

• Like 12

Oh this is going to be delightful :lol: But yay for another person with a weird green-blue-orange thing going on!!

Added to the WIP list! 

• Like 5

*** A Manhole is lifted up just a few inches....a Technicoloured snout appears***

*** Good, good, another one has joined the madness ***

*** The Wolf dissapears and the manhole closes ***

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

15: Alien Goo, main

3: HD Fireball Orange, secondary

17: Solid Blue, accent

kpJBL5D.jpg

So this is YOUR doing Pezler! :grr:

Guess I'll try for the 3* challenge. It'll feel like my early days of painting when I owned a very limited palette.

What`s the point of having reality-bending powers if you don`t flex them once in awhile?:B):

This is going to be spectacular! Good luck and enjoy every moment of it!

• Like 5

Base coat of Alien Goo is mostly done.

First impressions: That is a *lot* of bright green. My dragon is wearing pajamas! Feels like it's a character in Where the Wild Things Are.

Gonna need some interesting patterns to make it work.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Base coat of Alien Goo is mostly done.

First impressions: That is a *lot* of bright green. My dragon is wearing pajamas! Feels like it's a character in Where the Wild Things Are.

Gonna need some interesting patterns to make it work.

You do remember that you can mix some of the other colors to pull that back, right?

• Like 2

Ok, cause I didn't want to work on khanjira (I'm not liking the purple wash undercoat) and I've got to strip clear Kyphrixis so I can fix the too dark glaze and prime the ca so it's not shining through the glaze, I did some test mixes. 

The top image left to right: Alien Goo and Fireball Orange. 1:1/ 2:1/ 3:1/ 4:1/ 1:2/ Fireball Orange 

Second image left to right: Alien Goo and Solid Black. 1:1/ 1:2/ 3:2/ 2:1/ 3:1/ 4:1/ Alien Goo across the top Solid Black. 

Third image left to right: Alien Goo and Solid White. 4:1/ Alien Goo 5:1(Alien Goo and Solid Black) 1:1/ 1:2/ 1:3 Solid White across the top. 

Last image left to right: Alien Goo and Solid Blue. Alien Goo Solid Blue 1:1/ 1:2/ 2:1/ 3:1 1:1(1:2AG/FO&3:1AG/SBlue) 2:1(1:2AG/FO&3:1AG/SBlue)

20170916_222524.jpg

20170916_222506.jpg

20170916_222515.jpg

20170916_223515.jpg

• Like 9

I like the top row.

It's full of the colours of fall and an autumn dragon seems very appropriate given the timing of the challenge.

• Like 2