Smokestack

HMS Hermione (now finished!)

29 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Absolutely great!  So when are you going to try a real one, with full rigging and all.  Keeps you busy for years...

Seeiously,  great job, it looks terrific!  I also like the long boats they come out very well too.

Yeah, The sails were hard enough on this... I don't think I could handle a "real" model with rigging and what not.... There was a kickstarter before the renaissance one, I think it was called roll out the guns... or something like that. It had a beautiful ship.... I asked the creator how difficult assembly would be... He said "moderate" and sent A PDF of the instructions... It was like 80 pages and involved shaving the hull with a sander and what not...

Not for me... This kit was right at the edge of "Fun" and "a chore"...

5 people like this

Great Ship!

1 person likes this

Hey! I resemble that remark...

This is their Brig.

20170918_181634.thumb.jpg.175dc864760da49a54fa80585477efe8.jpg

I have a tendency to build ships over years or decades.  I've completed three model ships and 2 of the roll out the guns ships.  I still have a long lifetime of ships to go... in addition to other hobbies

Edited by Kangaroorex
9 people like this

That looks great! Nice work. Do you have a crew for it?

1 person likes this

I have a few figures but not a full crew yet. Two of which are from Black Scorpion Miniatures. Both lovely pirate ladies... But that is where I am having an issue. The ship I envision (and have set up in my gaming world) as a Warship of an anti-magic kingdom. The models I am using are Warlord Games English civil war models. Basically buff coats or breast plates and Morions. I cant find anything that matches that look for nautical stuff... So, as of now the ship sits in dry dock (my basement shelf) awaiting her crew...

3 people like this

Here is a couple pics. 

My captain, Hermione is dry doc, some other ships I have with crew. Captain Barnabus’s ship. And the English civil war models of the theocracy.

5DF85291-2573-45DC-91AA-1672499BFDFA.jpeg

BF06319E-EDCA-4966-B931-33D0D6A8EA9B.jpeg

B7212AB1-E418-42BF-ADD5-2747C15A2D86.jpeg

0CEFC94B-9ACE-4480-B813-9AB05D0F285C.jpeg

1D39CB56-7E35-47A5-AEDB-E29D9F59AEC4.jpeg

8C5701CA-FFDB-4808-9BA5-154727A7B0A6.jpeg

5699A5A0-5850-4C9D-9196-63FF1F33196F.jpeg

CE19F2EB-BDB3-4653-9D4E-5AAA4CC61D03.jpeg

CBEB1882-42E5-44C2-A379-47B33E8705A1.jpeg

7 people like this

That's a great looking scurvy lot. I see some Age of Sigmar stuff in there too, and a pirate ogre as well?

1 person likes this

That is awesome...now get to painting! Lol ::): that Galleon model adds some pretty cool diversity to the group as well. I like the whole concept.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Sharkbelly said:

That's a great looking scurvy lot. I see some Age of Sigmar stuff in there too, and a pirate ogre as well?

Yeah, that ship is a pirate crew. So it has elves, human, a lizard man, ogres, a very eclectic mix. 

1 hour ago, KruleBear said:

That is awesome...now get to painting! Lol ::): that Galleon model adds some pretty cool diversity to the group as well. I like the whole concept.

Yeah I have so much stuff that needed painting. I will eventually get around to it, maybe when I am retired. I love the fisher price ships. I always hunt for them in garage sales. 

3 people like this

OUTSTANDING! The ships & their crews look WONDERFUL. The swashbuckling potential is there in force. FANTASTIC WORK!

1 person likes this

Great looking ship. I'm sad to hear about Renaissance being no more. They made some fantastic looking stuff.

1 person likes this

Nice display of all your oceanic fun!  I like!

2 people like this

You're really making me want to start a 28mm navy....

1 person likes this

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, seej said:

Great looking ship. I'm sad to hear about Renaissance being no more. They made some fantastic looking stuff.

As a store they are gone. They do have a blog called "Lets Run with it" where they discuss stuff and have a limited model of the month kit available each month for 1 month only. I wont link the site since they do have the one model for sale, but if you look at any of their past kickstarters, the last update on each has a link.