Sign in to follow this  
Mattnuke

Massive Darkness Wandering Monsters

Love the hell out of your purple troll! I will be eagerly watching this thread, I understand your feels about the never-ending stream of minis to be painted for this game! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassu said:

Love the hell out of your purple troll! I will be eagerly watching this thread, I understand your feels about the never-ending stream of minis to be painted for this game! :lol:

Thanks!  The purple troll is garnering a lot of attention.  Who would have thought?

• Like 1

Back to it!  Hellsbane is a good figure to practice some lava painting.  I think it was confirmed at one point that he's 'not Diablo'. 

The iron golem is sized more like a shield construct or helmed horror from D&D, so I used inks to put his base coat down.  After that I alternated metallics and inks.  I'm not entirely sure why my camera is picking up so much of the magenta ink still, because (for once) in hand the colors are much more subtle.

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

And yes....it was time for an Avatar swap.  My third time ever!

• Like 10

I've been busy with school/work, but had a couple hours to paint tonight.

I'm pretty sure that all these colors shouldn't work together, but somehow they do.  It's not done yet, but so far, I'm liking how my cockatix is turning out.

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

Edited by Mattnuke
Finished my thought!
  • Like 10

That color combo is perfect!

I am not sure how you got the courage to try so many different choices but they make the cockatrice look like a tropical (although scary) bird.

• Like 2