KruleBear

77134 Hajad Pirate as Zombie

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

very cool as a zombie!

Thanks Uber. For a lazy paint job, he really looks good at arms length. He may get recruited out of the toy box, have some blood affects added, and forced into Zombicide Black Plague service.  :devil:

• Like 4

Indeed several of my practice zombies have been recruited in just such a way.   After all who doesnt want a board full of zombies in thier game.  He does look cool as a zombie.   We should start an OPEN thread for our Zombicide zombies to give people ideas who want to paint up their zombies.

• Like 1

That is a good idea. I know I have a dozen different schemes under my belt, and I haven't even started with African based skin tone Zombies. It would be a good idea to keep the paint schemes better documented as well, since I have several skin recipes labled as "zombie" for the header...now which is which! <_< I think I have most of that in my cmon wip, but should condense. 

• Like 1

I don't even like zombies and I think this is pretty cool. I love it when people think outside the box and do a different paint job on a mini. Great job!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pochi said:

I don't even like zombies and I think this is pretty cool. I love it when people think outside the box and do a different paint job on a mini. Great job!

Thanks Pochi. I was never a fan until the Walking Dead's portrayal of the struggle to survive to an adapting world...that and Zombicide is a fun and easy game to play. 

I painted up a wooden dock last night and each plank has a different zombie skin tone effect. Should be dry tonight and I will post it. 

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is awesome!

Undead Pirate?

WANT!!!!

Thanks. Everyone needs an undead pirate and after seeing Smokestacks finished ship, I need to assemble mine and paint a whole crew of undead pirates...they may just raid Glitterwolf's new world Conquistadors   ::D:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

Thanks Pochi. I was never a fan until the Walking Dead's portrayal of the struggle to survive to an adapting world...that and Zombicide is a fun and easy game to play. 

I painted up a wooden dock last night and each plank has a different zombie skin tone effect. Should be dry tonight and I will post it. 

Thanks. Everyone needs an undead pirate and after seeing Smokestacks finished ship, I need to assemble mine and paint a whole crew of undead pirates...they may just raid Glitterwolf's new world Conquistadors   ::D:

Undead Pirates are bound to show up in my Lost World.

Yours are welcome too.

• Like 3

I picked up some Army Painter Skeleton Bone primer last wekend as the sample color on the lid looks similar to my base coat color used on Hajad. So that called for some more experimentation. So I grabbed some Hirst Art planking and painted up a few different Zombie paint schemes. This also allowed me to compare the AP dark and strong tones as well as the difference between their inks and quickshade. I sprayed it down with Dullcote to knock the quickshade shine down to get a better comparison. So what do you guys think?

59c2f72f7bd28_VampiricSkinTrials092017.thumb.jpg.59f90f08f6561a84e2f9082c9f532ce0.jpg

• Like 1

I really like the idea of a zombie pirate and I think you nailed the paint job.  

Gets me excited for the ghost pirates in Bones 4!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I really like the idea of a zombie pirate and I think you nailed the paint job.  

Gets me excited for the ghost pirates in Bones 4!

Thanks. This whole zombie skin experiment on proxy minis has got me a lot more excited about human sized Bones minis in general....oh and I may have started watching Black Sails on HULU. :poke:

22 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I like the bloodless skin dark tone! 

Thanks for the input. I am leaning toward the black shades as well which surprises me. 2nd from the left (skeleton bone) and 1st from the right (bloodless skin) taking the lead for mr as they would be simplest. (No paint mixing).

I have preferred the inks for shading as they dry days quicker and are matte, but the quick shades look better for washes based on this experiment. They seem a bit less splotchy when they dry and the over all tone is a little less aggressive. i think the blotchyness shows up on Hajad in the pictures. I'm glad I did this little comparison as I learned some usefull things.