Corporea

03767: Nemesra as "Jezebel"

You never cease to amaze me.  Wow.

I might pick your brain soon about doing subtle patterns on fabric as I'll be doing that myself in the next few weeks.

As for age, just give it a few years.  Without my glasses my minis are now little blurry blobs.  It sucks, having had 20:20 for my whole life it's been an adjustment.

• Like 8

Who would have guessed that Jezebel was in reality our own Sophie?

Be that as it may, The Girl & her reflection are LOVELY. Your creation is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based treasure. WONDERFULLY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Really gorgeous work as always! 

It's a really thoughtful piece and makes me wonder if the reflection is us seeing her true self or instead how she sees herself....which when you think about it, may be her true self either way. 

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Hopefully the first of many, this was an experiment in color - in this case, green. And while his wide stance was a problem at first, I made it work. Karahl Farstep:

Hood and cloak are both a mix of Brilliant Green and Linen White, 3:1 for the darker areas and 1:2 everywhere else. The cloak is shadowed with purple (thanks, @Cyradis!), and I think it came out pretty nicely in front. Had to redo the back due to becoming shadow happy.

For the light greens I was hoping to achieve something close to mint green, but it came out a lot more washed out and boring than hoped. So I freehanded borders around those parts with some Palomino Gold. Not daring enough to do anything fancier than that yet, but I think it makes a positive difference.

Comments and critiques welcome, I’d like to know what works or doesn’t, and what to try and do better next time.
    • By Cyradis
      I wanted to do this for the contest in December.... but got swamped by PhD applications. So I didn't finish for contest. Since then I have been working on her slowly, due to stress and illness. I want to be on top of my game for her. The toughest parts are done though! 

Thank you @pcktlnt for sending her my way!

• By Evilhalfling
      In my current method, I don't even have to decide which figure to paint next.  
      Once I finished this hero, and the Mystic Theurge I could take the net six group shots. 
      - as  I recreate the bones 2  kickstarter poster.  
      yet I still feel the need to decorate that big stretch of cape... 
      went through about  Halloween themed patterns to go with the orange /black armor.  the armor actually turned out redder than intended. 

• By Evilhalfling
      This cloak was crying out for freehand.  
      But I had had some others recently that just failed.  Time to put the big boy pants on again. 
      the fact that I was sitting next to clever crow at paint club may have been a factor. 

• By Laoke
      Hi!  You might remember me from such threads as Bones - will they blend? & Painting with numbers the Laoke Way.  I've been away from the paintbrush for a bit, as it's summer here in The Land Of The Future, but recently one of my wife's best friends spawned a delightful little halfling which the doting parental units decided to name Peregrine.

I know.  Cute as a button!  Anyways, as a gift to the little sprogling, she decided to paint up a figure for him - and, while she was at it, she painted up one for our collection at the same time!

77218: Woody Stumpwimple, Halfling Ranger

This is the one she painted up for us.  I love the freehand on this one!  The face is a bit naff from this angle and with the lighting being as basic as it is, but it's much better in person.

89012: Lem, Iconic Bard

And here we have Peregrine in all his diminutive glory!  She's really happy with the way the face came out on him, and I have to agree - the cloak is also pretty amazeballs!

• Who's Online   48 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)