SamuraiJack

Funded
Everlasting: the Best Wet Palette

33 posts in this topic

About this project

70202842a450fb16653e62894dd2b46b_origina

f15349a9a9d24a2030e7e8da23569c85_origina

Everlasting Wet Palette: A must have for miniature painters

Painting Zombies, orks, robots and all kind of monsters from a nightmare can be a lot of fun ! To paint miniatures, you need a Wet Palette to keep your paint moisturised. Today there is no straight forward solution on the market. That's why we created Everlasting Wet Palette, with best in class hydration system and easy to use and to carry airtight case

It's actually so good that it is approved by Pro Painters all around the world

With Everlasting Wet Palette, you will save your acrylic paint, save your time and be able to master painting techniques like a pro. Stand back, relax and focus on what's important: enjoying your painting sessions.

76c04f69ce0ee4702b2e177e5a7ee446_origina

5b3c6d4dac87117cb85dc0134dece4d8_origina

b68e6c0903f6caad22d49f984a830b79_origina

db78c9164d8da852077362deac5869ff_origina

Because acrylic paint dry really really fast! So fast, you can't even take a short break or perform advanced techniques !  Everlasting wet palette is a must-have to enjoy your painting session :

• Save paint: the paint won't dry out during your painting session
  • Start and stop at will: you can stop painting for a few minutes, hours or days, and find again workable paints when you come back
  • Achieve advanced technics: thanks to Everlasting stable hydration system, and our smooth surface, you will be able to perform advanced technics like Glaze, Gradients, Blending, 2 Brush Blending
  • And it's easy to use: it works straight out of the box, and the case, wells and brush holders were designed for your to enjoy your miniature painting!
7076fad4bdbd6f99abef8ac6fc00fa6e_origina

e136b637b03d0fbda01304060c7f3386_origina

Painter (5,9" x 7,9"): easy to store and carry, small to medium working space

Studio (7,9" x 11,8"): extra large for Pros and Enthusiasts, medium to large working space

4be4b14c5b6399c26600613a64b0f033_origina

15a7811ab53b2f698832af7b4a3e43c3_origina
  • No bleeding
  • No drying
  • No overflowing
  • Perfect to master advanced painting techniques
7713298c6ceb0c1c7360a62ce4d52841_origina

0578549b0b292c7d6d4e5e1ce1408ba6_origina

Your paint stays wet for hours when working, for days if you close the lid! You can stop and start your painting session at will.

1 person likes this

Part I am not a fan of:  The add-on paper requires you to get 6 sets for the smaller or 3 sets for the larger!  I don't need that many!  How about an add on of single sets...

Looks like about $40US for a wet palette that's just slightly nicer than a ziplock box, paper towel, and baker's parchment.

I like the idea of a leakproof palette in theory. But I don't believe that it won't leak if you carry it in a bag*, and you certainly can't carry it tilted with any paint in it anyway.

* Unless it's both completely watertight and extremely rigid, any pressure on the sides (as in a bag when carried) will cause the container to flex in a way that will allow leaks. Note that this is opinion; I've never seen the real thing.

2 people like this

I like how it seems to instantly make you a better painter.

4 people like this

Meg Maples was sent a prototype to review and she wrote this blog post about it:

http://www.arcanepaintworks.com/blog-1/2017/9/18/everlasting-wet-palette-by-redgrass-games

Long story short, she's not a fan, but being in the southern hemisphere may have been a factor. Redgrass said that the problem she was having of too much water coming through the paper and watering down her paint was due to using heavier body artist's acrylics, but it doesn't seem to make much sense that thinner hobby paints wouldn't be more affected.

For me, I'm happy to stick with home made.

4 people like this

I pledged for it. Curious to see it in action in person. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

-clip- a ziplock box, paper towel, and baker's parchment. -clip-

That's exactly what my wet pallet is except I have the glass version not plastic. I'm curious about the foam. Sometimes I get paint on the towel when I need a bit of extra water to dilute, is the foam washable I wonder. The Painter version is twice the size I need but I like the wavy thing. Bit expensive for me though considering what I have is good enough and dirt cheap. What is that foam made of anyway?

1 person likes this

I used a plastic container ( had cookies in it..brps..)

Foam, baking paper and water.

Has been ok for me for years now..

Saw this reviewed a couple times on YouTube and didn't hear many good things, think I'll pass.

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I pledged for it. Curious to see it in action in person. 

Same here.  ~$30 is a bit steep for a wet pallet, but I'm curious about the anti-mold foam.  I'm not necessarily needing the portability, but the form factor is nice and I like the magnetic side wells.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Heisler said:

I like how it seems to instantly make you a better painter.

Finally, now I will be able to glaze.

2 people like this

On 9/19/2017 at 11:51 AM, Doug Sundseth said:

I like the idea of a leakproof palette in theory.

Yep. Like any prototype, they won't know how well it works in practice until it's manufactured. The original wet palette had a membrane, but they couldn't get past the protoype stage. Just imagine if they didn't do this additional product development until *after* the KS was over. 

EDIT: Membrane wasn't possible because of manufacturer minimum units requirement (?).

Edited by ced1106
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Leader of the Rats said:

What is that foam made of anyway?

Meg said it was chamois.

2 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Meg Maples was sent a prototype to review and she wrote this blog post about it:

http://www.arcanepaintworks.com/blog-1/2017/9/18/everlasting-wet-palette-by-redgrass-games

Long story short, she's not a fan, but being in the southern hemisphere may have been a factor. Redgrass said that the problem she was having of too much water coming through the paper and watering down her paint was due to using heavier body artist's acrylics, but it doesn't seem to make much sense that thinner hobby paints wouldn't be more affected.

For me, I'm happy to stick with home made.

Useful article.

If tube paints are getting runny, membrane permeability is too high and fluid paints will get much more runny. If closing the palette when the outside temp is low causes problems with increased humidity, raising the outdoor temp will increase indoor humidity, not decrease it (assuming a constant indoor temp), even if the outdoor relative humidity drops. If I had any previous questions, I think they're answered.

I might pick up some synthetic chamois, though.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Clearman said:

Same here.  ~$30 is a bit steep for a wet pallet, but I'm curious about the anti-mold foam.  I'm not necessarily needing the portability, but the form factor is nice and I like the magnetic side wells.

Grump just puts a coupla pennies in his, and he doesn't seem to get mold.

I use a porcelain pallet, not as big a fan of the wet pallet as Grump