Jump to content
SGHawkins09

Shieldmaiden Bust from Nutsplanet

Recommended Posts

Awesome! I love the leather effect! Really great job with the weathering! I was torn earlier because I liked the heavily weathered version but I think you struck the right balance. Way to go!!! Bring her to reapercon if you can!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept peeking into your WIP thread and being amazed. The show off is no different in that regard. She is absolutely lovely! Feedback? Could highlight the metal on the shield a wee bit more. 

 

She looks like she came out of an old style photo from a ren-faire. Wonderful work :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too bad text can't convey my facial expression or the sound I just made. But I'll try....

 

....hnfffgah!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following your WIP thread - more or less closely - and they outcome is really wonderful!

 

It is just great to see how all those parts fit together and as I already wrote, I figure your shield design to be perfectly balanced.

 

In addition to @Cyradis comment I would like to add that from my perspective the eyebrows look a bit off. I mean - at least for me they are hard to see. I miss some depth in it, that would make them match to the haircolor more. But apart from that - stunning. Simply stunning.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Niiice! The leathers and would are gorgeous. 

 

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Absolutely stunning! Great work!!!

 

1 hour ago, robinh said:

Beautiful!  

 

I love your shield design , the worn leather look and of course the eyes!

 

33 minutes ago, Ghool said:

It's too bad text can't convey my facial expression or the sound I just made. But I'll try....

 

....hnfffgah!

 

26 minutes ago, Citrine said:

Great skin!

 

 

Thanks!

 

 

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

Awesome! I love the leather effect! Really great job with the weathering! I was torn earlier because I liked the heavily weathered version but I think you struck the right balance. Way to go!!! Bring her to reapercon if you can!!

 

 

Sadly, no ReaperCon for her. I have handed her off already and while I considered asking if I could borrow her, she is actually too tall for my case.

 

 

54 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I kept peeking into your WIP thread and being amazed. The show off is no different in that regard. She is absolutely lovely! Feedback? Could highlight the metal on the shield a wee bit more. 

 

She looks like she came out of an old style photo from a ren-faire. Wonderful work :) 

 

33 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

I've been following your WIP thread - more or less closely - and they outcome is really wonderful!

 

It is just great to see how all those parts fit together and as I already wrote, I figure your shield design to be perfectly balanced.

 

In addition to @Cyradis comment I would like to add that from my perspective the eyebrows look a bit off. I mean - at least for me they are hard to see. I miss some depth in it, that would make them match to the haircolor more. But apart from that - stunning. Simply stunning.

 

 

Thanks for for the feedback! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see her finished!  She looks amazing!

 

I think you made the right call on going back and redoing the shield.  Both looked great but I think this just makes it stand out better.

 

But that leather is absolutely beautiful !! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

Awesome work!  I especially like her eyes and the shield design!  ::):

 

47 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

It's nice to see her finished!  She looks amazing!

 

I think you made the right call on going back and redoing the shield.  Both looked great but I think this just makes it stand out better.

 

But that leather is absolutely beautiful !! 

 

 

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Glitterwolf
      This is La Charra a wonderful bust from Creepytables Miniatures.
       


       
       
      I cleaned some mold lines.
      From the look of it the hat needs some work with putty, will attend to that later.
       
      I have decided the Skulls on the base will be sugarskulls.
      The snake is a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake.
      La Charra will get some facepaint in the Dia de Muertos style.
       
      I'm not sure about her hair yet.
      Blackish Blue?
      Greenish?
      Red/purple?
       
      Need to think about it, any suggestions welcome.
       
      I haven't decided about the patterns of her facepaint yet, there are a lot great ideas out there.
       
      Here are some inspirational pics.
       

       
       
    • By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs
       
       

       
      Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.
       
      After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.
       
      I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
      cheers
      Michael
       
    • By aku-chan
      Burning Rose Kickstarter
      On 12th April we will be launching a Kickstarter to fund the creation of the Daughters of the Burning Rose, an entire new army of gothic medieval warrior women!
      The range is heavily inspired by historical armour and weaponry. Models will cover a range of fantasy, steampunk and gothic sci-fi styles, so you can use them in all kinds of game systems and settings.
      We are using Kickstarter because we have exciting ideas for a huge range of different infantry, character and larger models, and we need your support to help make them a reality.
       
      The Models
      The models will be 28mm heroic scale, designed to closely match similar plastic models from existing manufacturers. 
      Rank and file infantry will be modular and fully poseable with a range of options.
      All models will be made in hand cast resin, manufactured in our London studios using the same high-quality methods we have been perfecting since 2011. 
      We will be offering around 8-10 different models to start with, but have many more at various stages in the design process which we can unlock if we get enough funding.
       

       
      The Pledge levels
      There will not be any “early bird” pledges/special offers, so you won’t miss out if you are not able to join us for the launch. 
      You will be able to pledge any amount of money, and choose exactly the models from the collection you need to suit your game system, making a great saving against the retail price. 
      Shipping will be charged after the campaign ends, and you will be able to change and add to your pledge on the pledge manager website.
      We will have pledge levels at £1, £40, £100 and £250, which will give you access to a number of exclusive models and freebies depending on how much support we get.
       
       

       

       

       

       
       

       
      Not a company I've heard of before, but they do seem to have good reputation as a 3rd party supplier of Imperial Guard bits.
       
      There's a few more bits of concept art on their Facebook page.
    • By Glitterwolf
      So back to reposting my minis after the account crash.
       
      This is Freebooter winged Vampire Raven, sh swoops down from this ruin to attack Hasslefree's Gen.
      I removed Gen's horns, I wanted her to look more human.
       
      Gen's pics are linked cause, nude...mammal parts,
       
      I like the wings, but overall I'm not so proud of this.
      Around this time ( years ago) I noticed my eyesight getting worse.
      Nowadays I use a visor.
       
      https://postimg.cc/image/ef2n7zl6d/
       
      https://postimg.cc/image/dcsgpgpid/
       
      https://postimg.cc/image/5k1sxhbth/
       
      https://postimg.cc/image/d012j9rt1/
       
       
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60164: Vampire Hunter, as she is rather innocuously called. She is remarkably armed and armored. I think she is from Pathfinder, and I am sure there is some story there.
       
      There is no WIP thread.
       
      Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

       

       

       

       

       

  • Who's Online   48 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×