72moonglum

Frito the Thief, comparison between 1983 and 2017

I like the colors on the old version a bit better, but they are both amazing. Great progress. I love this idea. I hope to see more. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Loim said:

I like the colors on the old version a bit better, but they are both amazing. Great progress. I love this idea. I hope to see more. 

Little by little, I hope to be able to paint some new version of some of my old figures!

• Like 1

While the new Frito the Thief is a BEAUTIFULLY painted, WONDERFULLY based creation. his older self has a certain charm to him that time has not diminished. VERY WELL DONE then & now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

While the new Frito the Thief is a BEAUTIFULLY painted, WONDERFULLY based creation. his older self has a certain charm to him that time has not diminished. VERY WELL DONE then & now!

I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for the older version!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• By Mutilatedlips
      Decided to paint him as a Drow to add to House Depsana's arsenal of nastiness.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!

Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!

• By Clearman
      In addition to my 2018 goals to paint better and work on new techniques, I've decided to also start a long term project.  I have about half of the Grenadier Fantasy Personalities line (series I and II) by Julie Guthrie.  They've been sitting in a Chessex storage box for ~30 years, and now they will finally receive paint.

Based on the info at Lost Mini's Wiki, there are a total of 156 models between both series.  I have 81 in the Chessex box, and a couple loose that I need to track down.  Since the my count for the entirety of 2017 was only 55 models, and factor in the other models that I will work on, this project will take a while.

I am starting off with four models prepped:

887 - Berserker
      869 - Chaotic Thief
      820 - Henchman
      8102 - Chaotic Swordsman

Stay tuned for show offs.

• By 72moonglum
      So I finished this one a while ago, which was part of a three -piece Partha set that was based on a painting of Larry Elmore, Bones of the Past.  I already finished the two ladies in the painting, so this was the last one.  I tried to keep him relatively faithful to the original painting as far as the color scheme, but there are always going to be a few slight differences.

Here then is the painting this one came from:

and the two links to the other figures:

So all three of them are finished, let's see what I can work on next!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)