Cyradis

Random Rainbow Dragon Challenge Completion Thread! (No Chatter)

Congratulations, you have found the thread for posting your completed Random Rainbow Dragon!! The original quest can be seen here: 

Please provide a link to your Show Off Thread (which should include the model # you chose in its tags), a link to the Work in Progress thread, a brief statement of what colors you rolled, a statement of what dragon you painted (for search purposes), and photos of your lovely dragon

The Mods may make grumpy faces and remove chatter-posts from this thread. For chatter, please go to the original quest thread. 

You receive +5000 experience, +3 to skill Crafting (Mini Painting), and over 9000 Internet Points (redeemable whenever, wherever, for bragging rights on the internet) for completing this quest. 

Thank you for your participation. May our flock of dragons fly together forever in the pixels of this thread! 

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 7

I present my complete Random Rainbow Dragon, Ebonwrath, in Olive Green, Lemon Yellow and Terran Khaki as part of the 3 star challenge.

20171021_162335.thumb.jpg.eeae687c010ef25057f0db8bfa372212.jpg20171021_162348.thumb.jpg.811c01540981fd9aeeeadd244591890e.jpg

The WIP thread is here;

The show off thread were you can leave comments is here;

• Like 11

Gday All,

Dragon II is now complete. Let me present "Stormwing", in Marine Teal, True Blue and Imperial Purple for a 3 star challenge.20180117_124128.thumb.jpg.0bcbb71ec5f8cf7e7970d94f238e1e5f.jpg

The final Show Off thread is here:

The WIP thread is here:

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Echoside_
      The challenge complete!  I present Kai, the Strawberry Dragon!

Thank you all for the challenge and the feedback!
    • By Rigel
      An experiment in color-blending and washes. Wanted to evoke a different kind of flame than we often think of. 

"Giants and the Genii
      Multiplex of wing and eye
      Whose strong obedience broke the sky
      When Solomon was King."

This is a truly fantastic sculpt and I love it. A cheerfully cruel expression, like a cat with a mouse. 

Yes, that is a Goetic sigil. Photos taken in natural light during the Golden Hour,  unmodified. Armor is AP Rough Iron, GW Gehenna's Gold, and DecoArt Rich Espresso, with touches of Nihilakh Oxide and Nuln Oil. Skin wash was a mixture of AP Red Tone and some midnight blue wash. Came out a lovely bruise color. 

And a couple more shots for context and scale.

"What cause, O Man, would you have to trouble Me with your summons? Great must your need be, or you would not bring such calamities upon the world."

I could probably snazz those swords up a bit, but she's not too bad for tabletop quality!  
    • By Zanderina
      Hello all! 

@Echoside_ challenged me to do this! 

I attached the colors that were rolled and a pic of the dragon lined. Sorry for the short post,  but it serves purposes. 

Cheers! 
      -Z

• By Echoside_
      I, Echoside, will be undergoing this awesome challenge as my Dragon and paints have arrived from Denton.  

I have chosen the victim of Kyphrixis, The Copper Dragon for this 3-star challenge.  Will be using green and red liner to prime.

My rolls:

So after his bath, it was picture time!

I think he will end up being a Strawberry Dragon! 
      First off, I sorry for the Cut/Paste first post, but it was fitting.

Secondly, Kai (the moniker I've given to him) got himself primed up and ready for more layers while out at a miniature painting event at a local gaming store.  Such a splendid way to start the challenge. 

I bathed the base unit in Sepia Liner, as I don't believe the base was to be done strictly in the color scheme of the dragons.  Kai himself was bathed in the Red liner, which is very purple if you ask my eyes.   The wing membranes were done in the Green Liner.  I'm hoping for some interesting undershading effects once the 3 primary colors start to roll on.  

I've blocked out in my head what scales are going to be which shades and such, I'm just hoping I have the skills to bring whats in my head out on the dragon himself.  But without further ado, picture time!

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)