Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
The following will be the shipping order:
Pingo---arrived 11/27, sent 11/28
RedAmbrosia---arrived 12/1, sent 12/12
Sanael---arrived 12/13, sent 12/19
Izzylobo---arrived 12/22, sent 12/29
Knarthex (Not part of the box, he has just volunteered to ship to Europe)
Chaoswolf (if there's anything left; I'll just transfer it to the regular BoGW)
Please update this thread when you get the box and when you send it on to the next person.
Any questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76906-reapercon-bogw/&
or PM me.
Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 5 of the Box of Goodwill.
Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
Generic Fighter---sent 19 July
Pineapple---received 21 July, Sent 27 July
Shadowphaze---received 29 July, Sent 07 August
Thumpernicus---arrived 09 August, Sent 14 August
Matt Parody---arrived 18 August, sent 12 September
TGP---arrived 14 September, sent 29 December
Generic Fighter---arrived 02 January
Pcktlnt---sent 27 July
HDClearman---received 29 July
Izzylobo---received 02 August, Sent 08 August
Dr.Bedlam---received 14 August, Sent 18 August
Kate---received 21 August, Sent 24 August
Arc724---received 26 August, Sent September 8
Kangaroorex---arrived 12 September, sent 02 October
Pcktlnt---arrived 04 October
Guindyloo---sent 11 September
Inarah---received 13 September, sent 21 September
Knarthex---arrived 26 September, sent 28 September
Froggy the Great---arrived 02 October, sent 12 October
David Brawley---arrived 13 October, passed to Matbar at Reapercon
Haldir---arrived 01 November, Sent 04 November
Horned Turtle---arrived 06November, sent 13 November
Guindyloo---arrived 13 November
Bonwirn---sent 07 August
MadJack---arrived 10 August, Sent 22 August
Sylverthorne---arrived 24 August, Sent august 25
Hungerfan---arrived 28 August, Sent 08 September
Keianna---arrived 11 September, Sent 27 september
Buckyball---arrived 04 October, Sent 05 October
Jsalyers---arrived 07 October, sent 25 October
Bonwirn---arrived 30 October
Rob Dean---sent 14 July
SGHawkins09--arrived 18 July, Sent 28 July
Dogbl---arrived 31 July, sent 03 August
NomadZeke---arrived and sent on approx 12-13 September
Evil Halfling---arrived 18 September, sent 23 September
Klarg1---arrived 26 September, sent 06 October
Rob Dean---arrived 10 October
Froggy The Great---sent 02 August
Pingo---arrived 05 August, Sent 14 August
Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 17 august, Sent 21 August
Epimys---arrived 23 August, Sent 25 August
Broonkah---received 29 August, Sent 31 August
SparrowMarie---received 02 September, Sent 07 September
Morihalda---received 10 September, sent 13 September
Chaos Wolf---received 16 September
Chaos Wolf---sent 07 August
Chris Palmer---arrived 09 August, Sent 14 August
Hiddenone32---arrived 16 August,Sent 30 august
TalaeArrived...., sent September
Lidless Eye---Arrived 30 September, sent 02 October
Ub3r N3rd---arrived 04 October, sent 05 October
Samurai Jack---arrived 07 October, sent 14 October
Chaos Wolf---arrived 17 October.
So, The very first mini I pulled out of the BOGW when I got it, was a Malifaux mini....
As soon as I saw it, I knew how I had to paint it!
So I give you @Sylverthorne the Girlblin!
Hope you like it!!!!!!
Abbreviated WIP here
(Didn't have time to record everything with the need to get it done for Wednesday.....)
Welcome to the BoGW chatter thread for round 5!
The arrival/departure thread is here:
I will keep that thread updated as people post in it.
If there are any questions, hopefully you'll find the answer here:
If not, PM your box starter and/or myself.
Here are the groups:
Froggy the Great
Froggy The Great
Dilvish the Deliverer
Some of you may notice that I will be ending up with 2 boxes at the completion of this round; here's why:
Froggy wants to transition from box starter to participant, so he is sending out the box he currently has and has been worked into a group so he can play along too. I will end up with the box that he is starting out. I may try to bring it along to Reapercon with me (if I have by then) or I may Froggcidentally combine his box with my box for the next go-round.
Welcome to the (rather late---sorry about that) 5th round of the Box of Goodwill! You may have heard about the fabled 'Box of Goodwill'. Maybe you were involved last time, maybe you're new and would like to see what it's all about.
Well, you're in the right place!! Read on:
This is the official, soon to be patented sign up thread for round 5.
As before, please provide the following info in your replies to this thread:
Where you live
If you'd be willing to ship internationally (more expensive)
If you want to be a box starter (depending on the amount of interest)
There has been a minor rules clarification made. There is also a slight change. Even if you were involved in any of the previous versions, please make sure you read them carefully.
Basically, put some stuff you don't want/will never get to/think other people will find cool into a box and send it to someone else. That recipient will take out whatever interests them, replace a like amount of stuff and ship it to the next person in line. And so on. The last person will send it back to a different coordinator ( the person who originally sent out one of the boxes ).
1a) this means any material, any genre, any manufacturer, any subject matter. If you put lead in, please label it somehow (separate baggy or whatever)
2)Anything mini related
2a) bases, basing material (please package this very securely, and label it), terrain, scenic bits, whatever.
3) Free stuff--leftover bits, drawings, etc. Please label these items as 'free' or 'giveaway'. If you want some of this stuff, take it, you don't have to match it.
3a)Please limit the amount of non-miniatures related items to whatever will fit into a standard sized Ziploc sandwich bag if it is bulky. Drawings/sketches take up next to no
space at all and don't need to be stuffed into said baggy.
3a-1)Use common sense. Also, if you have some hand-crafted, custom-built shark skin and mithril dice bags or whatever that you're certain everyone will love, PM
your coordinator and the folks in your circuit and see what everyone things of the idea. Majority rules.
4) Keep it reasonable; try not to put in anything larger than 54mm. That's gonna eat up a lot of space, and create a lot of 'what's it worth' questions.
What's NOT allowed:
3)Exceptionally bulky, non miniature related items. Donate that 7th extra copy of the Player's Handbook to someone that you game with.
How it works:
A coordinator will put together a box of stuff and send it out to 8-10 people in his/her circuit. When you receive the box, take out whatever you like and replace it with a like amount of stuff.The value of what you replace should be equal to or slightly exceed whatever you take. We're gonna use the honor system here, so it's going to be somewhat subjective. Trades should be on a one-for-one basis, unless you're taking something big, in which case it's one-for-two.
For example: If you see 4 orcs that you want, take them and replace them with 4 other roughly man-sized figures. If there's a
larger figure (54mm ) that you want, take it, and replace it with either 1 similarly sized figure, or 2 man sized figures. Once you're
finished, pack it up and send it to the next person in line.
Here are some other specifics:
1)The coordinator will put together a box and start it on it's way. Each coordinator will pm me with the tracking info of the box as it sets out to the first recipient. After this, each recipient will pm the tracking number to their coordinator (the person who started the box) AND the person that they're shipping it to.
2)Participants will publicly announce when they have received the package (pictures would be cool, but aren't mandatory), and again when they send it off to the next person.
For example: I received the box o' goodwill from Chaoswolf. When ready to ship, 'I'm sending the box to Pingo'.
2a)Participants will also be responsible for contacting the next person and getting their shipping information. The people involved in any given circuit will be public knowledge, so feel free to exchange shipping info how/whenever you wish.
3)Each participant will have 1 week from the arrival of the box to make their swaps and then send the box on to the next person. This is really important, we had several boxes sitting for several weeks with no movement in the last go around.
4) For participants in the USA, shipping will be via flat rate boxes. Tracking and insurance are included in the cost. In the event of loss, the person mailing the box will make the insurance claim and use the proceeds to purchase items to fill and ship a replacement box.
5) I'm anticipating roughly 3-4 months for each box to make a complete circuit (8-10 people x 1week per person + travel time). Once all boxes have completed the circuit (returned to the coordinator), we'll open up a new sign up thread and start the process over again if there's interest. Coordinators will need to pm me so I know that all circuits are complete.
6) This will be open to everyone. We have had several people express willingness to run/participate in a circuit for the newer members; I feel that this somewhat offsets any concerns about anyone's 'reliability'. Perhaps I'm a little naive, but the feeling I'm getting from both public posts and pm's is that everyone really seems to want this to work. Newer members are defined as anyone who hasn't been active on the boards for a year,or without at least one completed exchange.
7) Sign ups will end Midnight June 25th (east coast time). There will be a little wiggle room allowed here to allow for different time zones and whatnot. Once I get up the following morning, it's closed. I'll figure out how many people are involved, how many groups there are, who's going to coordinate and post that information in the first post of the chatter thread.
8) Individual coordinators are able to exercise a bit of leeway within their circuit. They will be setting up the initial package, so they can just stuff a box, or do a quick survey of everyone in their circuit to determine preferences. If they want to suggest everyone slap a color on Sir Forscale (or his designated representative), that's up to them. I'm thinking that the coordinators can run things pretty smoothly. If there's a question or concern, hit them up. Coordinators: if you're not sure how to proceed, hit me up and we'll work it out.
9) if something comes up and you need to drop out for whatever reason (life happens), please contact your coordinator as soon as possible so that he/she can make the necessary adjustments.
10)The group paint figure is not mandatory, just a little something extra for those who are so inclined.
11) Have fun!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've covered everything. If I missed something, or it's unclear, please bring it up in the chatter thread, or PM me.
Don't add it here.
Suggestions for a different 'group paint' figure and/or title can go in the chatter thread, too.
ETA---I don't want to make any assumptions here. Even if you were in the other rounds, please indicate if you'd like to do round 5. Thanks
Who's Online 10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)