Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 7 of the Box of Goodwill.
Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
Box starters are listed in ALL CAPS.
GENERIC FIGHTER---sent 9/21
Warlady--arrived 9/24, sent 10/1
Chris Palmer---arrived 9/12, sent 9/17
Shadowphaze--arrived 9/19, sent 9/21
Kangaroorex--arrived 9/24, sent 10/15
This is the international group, if members wish to donate a few dollars to help overseas transport costs, that's very cool. PM one another to work out details.
Lidless Eye--arrived 9/20, sent 9/21
Talae--arrived 9/24, sent 10/12
Mad Jack--arrived 10/15
ROB DEAN---sent 9/18
WyvernFire--arrived 9/20, sent 9/28
Epimys--arrived 10/1, sent 10/2
Fire Eyes--arrived 10/4, 10/15
Gaming Dog--arrived 10/18
Dilvish the Deliverer
Haldir--arrived 9/24, sent 10/1
Crowley--arrived 10/4, sent 10/20
Necromancer---arrived 9/14, sent 9/18
Morihalda--arrived 9/20, sent 10/1
TripleH5133--arrived 10/5, sent 10/17
CHAOS WOLF---sent 9/22
Froggy the Great
...and we're off! Have fun, everyone.
Welcome to the 7th round of the Box of Goodwill! You may have heard about the fabled 'Box of Goodwill'. Maybe you were involved last time, maybe you're new and would like to see what it's all about.
Well, you're in the right place!! Read on:
This is the official, soon to be patented sign up thread for round 7.
As before, please provide the following info in your replies to this thread:
Where you live
If you'd be willing to ship internationally (more expensive)
If you want to be a box starter (depending on the amount of interest)
There has been a minor rules clarification made. There is also a slight change. Even if you were involved in any of the previous versions, please make sure you read them carefully.
Basically, put some stuff you don't want/will never get to/think other people will find cool into a box and send it to someone else. That recipient will take out whatever interests them, replace a like amount of stuff and ship it to the next person in line. And so on. The last person will send it back to the coordinator ( the person who originally sent out one of the boxes ).
1a) this means any material, any genre, any manufacturer, any subject matter. If you put lead in, please label it somehow (separate baggy or whatever)
2)Anything mini related
2a) bases, basing material (please package this very securely, and label it), terrain, scenic bits, whatever.
3) Free stuff--leftover bits, drawings, etc. Please label these items as 'free' or 'giveaway'. If you want some of this stuff, take it, you don't have to match it.
3a)Please limit the amount of non-miniatures related items to whatever will fit into a standard sized Ziploc sandwich bag if it is bulky. Drawings/sketches take up next to no
space at all and don't need to be stuffed into said baggy.
3a-1)Use common sense. Also, if you have some hand-crafted, custom-built shark skin and mithril dice bags or whatever that you're certain everyone will love, PM
your coordinator and the folks in your circuit and see what everyone thinks of the idea. Majority rules.
4) Keep it reasonable; try not to put in anything larger than 54mm. That's gonna eat up a lot of space, and create a lot of 'what's it worth' questions.
What's NOT allowed:
3)Exceptionally bulky, non miniature related items. Donate that 7th extra copy of the Player's Handbook to someone that you game with.
How it works:
A coordinator will put together a box of stuff and send it out to 8-10 people in his/her circuit. When you receive the box, take out whatever you like and replace it with a like amount of stuff.The value of what you replace should be equal to or slightly exceed whatever you take. We're gonna use the honor system here, so it's going to be somewhat subjective. Trades should be on a one-for-one basis, unless you're taking something big, in which case it's one-for-two or more.
For example: If you see 4 orcs that you want, take them and replace them with 4 other roughly man-sized figures. If there's a
larger figure (54mm ) that you want, take it, and replace it with either 1 similarly sized figure, or 2-3 man sized figures. Once you're
finished, pack it up and send it to the next person in line.
Here are some other specifics:
1)The coordinator will put together a box and start it on it's way. Each coordinator will pm me with the tracking info of the box as it sets out to the first recipient. After this, each recipient will pm the tracking number to their coordinator (the person who started the box) AND the person that they're shipping it to.
2)Participants will publicly announce when they have received the package (pictures would be cool, but aren't mandatory), and again when they send it off to the next person.
For example: I received the box o' goodwill from Chaoswolf. When ready to ship, 'I'm sending the box to Pingo'.
2a)Participants will also be responsible for contacting the next person and getting their shipping information. The people involved in any given circuit will be public knowledge, so feel free to exchange shipping info how/whenever you wish.
3)Each participant will have 1 week from the arrival of the box to make their swaps and then send the box on to the next person. This is really important, we had several boxes sitting for several weeks with no movement in the last go around.
4) For participants in the USA, shipping will be via flat rate boxes. Tracking and insurance are included in the cost. In the event of loss, the person mailing the box will make the insurance claim and use the proceeds to purchase items to fill and ship a replacement box.
5) I'm anticipating roughly 3-4 months for each box to make a complete circuit (8-10 people x 1week per person + travel time). Once all boxes have completed the circuit (returned to the coordinator), we'll open up a new sign up thread and start the process over again if there's interest. Coordinators will need to pm me so I know that all circuits are complete.
6) This will be open to everyone. We have had several people express willingness to run/participate in a circuit for the newer members; I feel that this somewhat offsets any concerns about anyone's 'reliability'. Perhaps I'm a little naive, but the feeling I'm getting from both public posts and pm's is that everyone really seems to want this to work. Newer members are defined as anyone who hasn't been active on the boards for a year,or without at least one completed exchange.
7) Sign ups will end Midnight September 5th (east coast time). There will be a little wiggle room allowed here to allow for different time zones and whatnot. Once I get up the following morning, it's closed. I'll figure out how many people are involved, how many groups there are, who's going to coordinate and post that information in the first post of the chatter thread.
8) Individual coordinators are able to exercise a bit of leeway within their circuit. They will be setting up the initial package, so they can just stuff a box, or do a quick survey of everyone in their circuit to determine preferences. If they want to suggest everyone slap a color on Sir Forscale (or his designated representative), that's up to them. I'm thinking that the coordinators can run things pretty smoothly. If there's a question or concern, hit them up. Coordinators: if you're not sure how to proceed, hit me up and we'll work it out.
9) if something comes up and you need to drop out for whatever reason (life happens), please contact your coordinator as soon as possible so that he/she can make the necessary adjustments.
10)The group paint figure is not mandatory, just a little something extra for those who are so inclined.
11) Have fun!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've covered everything. If I missed something, or it's unclear, please bring it up in the chatter thread, or PM me.
Don't add it here.
Suggestions for a different 'group paint' figure and/or title can go in the chatter thread, too.
ETA---I don't want to make any assumptions here. Even if you were in the other rounds, please indicate if you'd like to do round 7. Thanks
Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 6 of the Box of Goodwill.
Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:
Marvin---sent 1 Mar
FireEyes---received 3 Mar, sent 10 Mar
Flit--received 13 Mar, sent 20 Mar
HateToWin (dropped out)
HjorHrafm---received 22 Mar, sent 28 Mar
Painting Dog--received 30 Mar, sent 10 April
Gaming Dog--receiver, sent 12 April
Inarah---received 15 Apr
Generic Fighter---sent 15 Mar
Dilvish---received 17 Mar, sent 30 Mar
Jsalyers--received 2 Apr, sent 13 Apr
Glitterwolf--received 20 Apr, sent 23 Apr
RobinH---received 30 Apr, sent 4 May
AutumnHare---received 12 May, sent 19 May
Horned Turtle---received 23 May,
Generic Fighter---received 30 May
Guindyloo---sent 3 Mar
MadJack--received 5 Mar, sent 14 Mar
Pingo--received 21 Mar, sent 2 Apr
Green Eyed Monster--received 5 Apr, sent 20 Apr
Ulfheathen--received 23 Apr, sent 11 May
Sylverthorne---received 15 May, sent 31 May
Clearman---received 02 Jun
Pcktlnt---sent 28 Feb
Keianna---received 2 Mar, sent 09 Mar
Broonkah--received 12 Mar, sent 19 Mar
Chris Palmer--received 22 Mar, sent 26 Mar
Aryanun--received 29 Mar,
Ultrasquid---received 31 May, sent 20 Jun
Paradoxical Mouse---sent 06 Aug
Pcktlnt---received 09 Aug
Clearman---sent 26 Feb
Disserma---received 1 Mar, sent 8 Mar
Kristof65--received 10 Mar, Sent 12 Mar
Kangaroo Rex--received 14 Mar, sent 22 Mar
Wyvern Fire--received 24 Mar, sent 31 Mar
Crowley--received 2 Apr, sent 7 Apr
Izzy Lobo---received 12 Apr, sent 23 Apr
Guindyloo--received 26 Apr
Rob Dean---sent 17 Mar
Erimys---received 20 Mar, sent 22 Mar
Inarah--received 24 Mar, sent 2 Apr
Haldir--received 5 Apr, sent 12 Apr
Samurai Jack---received 15 Apr, sent 27 Apr
Froggy The Great--received 30 Apr, sent 19 May
Lidless Eye---received 21 May, sent 23 May
Rob Dean---receieved 25 May
Chaos Wolf---sent 12 Mar
Shadowphase---received 14 Mar, sent 19 Mar
Hungerfan--received 21 Mar, sent 28 Mar
Smokestack--received 30 Mar, sent 31 Mar
Necromancer--received 2 Apr, sent 6 Apr
Arc 724---received 9 May, sent 29 May
Chaos Wolf---received 31 May
This is one of the figures I nabbed from the recent BoGW. Our group is currently running Rise of the Runelords, so my husband the DM was very happy to gain another ogre. It is hard to tell in the photos, but the nasty looking sword in back was done in folkart color shift green flash paint for a nasty looking magic weapon.
The following will be the shipping order:
Pingo---arrived 11/27, sent 11/28
RedAmbrosia---arrived 12/1, sent 12/12
Sanael---arrived 12/13, sent 12/19
Izzylobo---arrived 12/22, sent 12/29
Knarthex (Not part of the box, he has just volunteered to ship to Europe)
Alchemist---arrived Feb 28, sent March 6
RobinH---arrived 3/21, sent 3/21
Chris Palmer--arrived 4/1, sent 4/4
Ttuckerman--arrived 4/6, sent 4/8
Generic Fighter---arrived, sent 4/14
Fire_Eyes---arrived 4/17, sent 5/3
Disserrma--arrived 5/5, sent 5/11
Chaoswolf (if there's anything left; I'll just transfer it to the regular BoGW)---received 5/12
Please update this thread when you get the box and when you send it on to the next person.
Any questions? Ask them here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76906-reapercon-bogw/&
or PM me.
Who's Online 12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)