SamuraiJack

Live
Starfinder Masterclass Miniatures

56 posts in this topic

About this project

Samples of painted resins supplied by Studio Giraldez. Resin masterclass models supplied unpainted Samples of painted resins supplied by Studio Giraldez. Resin masterclass models supplied unpainted

Strap in and blast off! The Starfinder Roleplaying Game puts you in the role of a bold science-fantasy explorer, investigating the mysteries of a weird and magical universe as part of a starship crew. Will you delve for lost artifacts in the ruins of alien temples? Don rune-enhanced armor and a laser rifle to battle undead empires in fleets of bone ships, or defend colonists from a swarm of ravenous monsters? Maybe you'll hack into the mainframe of a god-run corporation, or search the stars for clues to the secret history of the universe or find brand new planets to explore. Whether you're making first contact with new cultures on uncharted worlds or fighting to survive in the neon-lit back alleys of Absalom Station, you and your team will need all your wits, combat skill, and magic to make it through. But most of all, you'll need each other.

9d538b281c93c2635bf9efee90bb5399_origina

ADVENTURE: The Starfinder Adventure Pledge level is a great entry point for the start of your collection of Masterclass figures. This pledge includes 8 Kickstarter exclusives, including Candy cosplaying as Navasi and Cola cosplaying as Quig, along with heroes from the Pathfinder RPG Legacy Races. Also included is a gang of Space Goblin Zaperators. Customize your pledge with the added 6 Hero Slots and 4 Encounter Pack Slots. Also all unlocked Freebies!

55586ed1f8e5bce9ab207dbea146ae9c_origina

CAMPAIGN: The Starfinder Campaign Pledge level is the perfect pledge for the miniature enthusiast. This pledge includes 8 Kickstarter exclusives, including Candy cosplaying as Navasi and Cola cosplaying as Quig, along with heroes from the Pathfinder RPG Legacy Races. Also included is a gang of Space Goblin Zaperators. Customize your pledge with the added 12 Hero Slots, 6 Encounter Pack Slots, 2 Fleet Pack Slots, and 4 Creature Slots. Also all unlocked Freebies!

58e5e109563644cfa4a5fc3aeb17c13b_origina

Stretch Goals are items that unlock as the campaign reaches new heights. More options for heroes, encounter packs, creatures, and fleets will be revealed over time. There are three types of goals: Freebies, Optionals, and Social Media Stretch Goals.

Freebies will be added to the Adventure Pledge and Campaign Pledge as soon as they unlock. Optionals will provide additional options to use on those Hero, Encounter Pack, Creature, and Fleet Slots. Social Media unlocks depend on the number of shares the following post receives on Paizo and Ninja Division’s Facebook pages.

03176ba91e7f71abc83d88dda8f2bb57_origina

How the Starfinder Masterclass Miniatures Slot System Works

To offer the most customizable pledge rewards possible we have developed the Kickstarter Slot System. There are 4 kinds of Slots: Hero, Encounter Pack, Creature, and Fleet. The Adventure and Campaign pledges come not only with specific models but several types of Slots to customize the pledge. Every item option has a Slot type and cost. Additional Slots beyond those in the Adventure and Campaign Pledge can be purchased for the cost listed in the Additional Slots section. As the campaign progresses and more stretch goals are unlocked the type of Slot and cost of each unlocked model will be listed in the appropriate section.

Freebie Stretch goals add one free model or upgrade to the pledge. Additional models of that unlocked Freebie may be purchased as listed in the appropriate section.

5ef4062102a2e030287346770fee584c_origina

HEROES: Each Hero represents an individual pulled from the varied Starfinder races, character classes, and themes. These heroes double as playable characters and non-player characters, providing numerous options for players and gamemasters alike!

35f416a345f2e7d5cc73a632dcf191bb_origina

ENCOUNTER PACK: Encounter Packs include a mix of creatures and hero-like characters that the heroes may encounter in their adventures. Each pack is designed to supply figures for a standard encounter. More ambitious adventurers may encounter larger groups so it never hurts to get multiples of each encounter pack!

1 person likes this

I'm a little concerned about this.  Especially since they already took money from me for that they're showing in this set when I pre-ordered directly from them back in August.  Having to kickstart to fulfill orders isn't cool.  Deciding later to kickstart after you've put things up for sale isn't cool.

This isn't addressed in the KS FAQ.  They've removed the Starfinder minis from their store.  I've used their contact form to seek some clarity on what they're doing and how it relates to my preorder.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, mikem91 said:

I'm a little concerned about this.  Especially since they already took money from me for that they're showing in this set when I pre-ordered directly from them back in August.  Having to kickstart to fulfill orders isn't cool.  Deciding later to kickstart after you've put things up for sale isn't cool.

This isn't addressed in the KS FAQ.  They've removed the Starfinder minis from their store.  I've used their contact form to seek some clarity on what they're doing and how it relates to my preorder.

I preordered 2 of the minis as well... The Envoy and the Lashunta technomancer... I asked in the comments section on the Kickstarter...

Some of the minis offered here are the same that were preorder last month. Creator advised:

"Hi there Bill,

The miniatures you have pre-ordered are still on the way. We will be fulfilling your pre-orders of the promotional line we did for Gencon. We wanted to include those designs in this Kickstarter to give other people a chance at getting some, as they will come from the same manufacturer, and be less limited. This does not effect your order, and those miniatures are in process to get out to you and other pre-orders right away. For those reading this - we had a short period we offered a promotional pre-order of 8 of the Key Iconic characters from the Starfinder RPG for the last 45 days. They are now included in the campaign if you missed them there."

Edited by Smokestack

18 minutes ago, mikem91 said:

The pre-order issue is part of what I am concerned about. I think it would be good for them to get the minis to those who pre-ordered before this KS ends. 

Part of what I am curious about is what kind of 'resin' they will be using. Is it the ultra fragile stuff? That would effect my decision to buy. 

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

The miniatures you have pre-ordered are still on the way. We will be fulfilling your pre-orders of the promotional line we did for Gencon. We wanted to include those designs in this Kickstarter to give other people a chance at getting some, as they will come from the same manufacturer, and be less limited. This does not effect your order, and those miniatures are in process to get out to you and other pre-orders right away. For those reading this - we had a short period we offered a promotional pre-order of 8 of the Key Iconic characters from the Starfinder RPG for the last 45 days. They are now included in the campaign if you missed them there."

It's good to hear the "gencon" era minis are on the way.  I just wish there was a time frame.  If I hear something, I'll copy here.

As for the resin, I saw a set that Paizo took to Origins this year.  It's not silly fragile, but thin bits would probably break from a fall any longer than an inch or two.

On a final note, Smokestack is a braver man than I for wading into KS comments. :)

4 people like this

15 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

The pre-order issue is part of what I am concerned about. I think it would be good for them to get the minis to those who pre-ordered before this KS ends. 

Part of what I am curious about is what kind of 'resin' they will be using. Is it the ultra fragile stuff? That would effect my decision to buy. 

Wish I could say, but they are 2 months late on sending the first wave of their previous resin KS.

At the moment this is a no for me.

1 person likes this

I Have not seen anywhere as to what the release date is for the preorders, and they are no longer on the store site. I emailed then a couple weeks ago, but never got a response...

From the comments it sounds like they are working with a new company... So don't know if any of their previous resin stuff will be comparable.

I was pretty early in, before the kickstarter comments filled up with backers of previous KS that have not delivered... the comments kind of convinced me to drop out to be honest... Really like the space goblins, but there is always retail.

3 people like this

Can anyone involved with the following KS'ers confirm they are still undelivered?

Rail Raiders - Raised 339K - Due Oct 2016 (??? Shipped to US, Has not yet Shipped to ROW, they are promising soon.)

Super Dungeon Legends - Raised 1.2M - Due Dec 2016 (Just finished Pre-Production Work)

Way of the Fighter - 91K - Due July 2017 (Supposedly waiting on shipping manifests from China to be sure everythings on the water.)

Relic Knights 2.0 - Raised 338K - Due Feb 2018 (Entering Production)

That would put 4 of their 6 completed projects as not being completed yet. (Way of the fighter was started and cancelled.) It looks like Ninja all stars delivered earlier this year, even though they were due in Dec 2015. 

Ninja Division Publishing Creador hace 6 minutos 
Hey guys, Anthony again. 
I wanted to pull you all in and update you on our strategy to address the concerns you are voicing. The company just came together for a meeting to discuss our most valued assets, namely you, our fans and backers. 
Starting today, we will have David Freeman present and engaged with you in the Relic Knights 2.0 campaign. Tomorrow Justin will be with you on Super Dungeon Legends, and John will be with you for Rail Raiders Infinite and Way of the Fighter. All of us are committed to listening to you, and answering the questions and concerns that you are voicing to the absolute best of our ability. 
Later in the week, we are going to compile a Q and A document containing answers and responses to the most common questions and concerns. 
So, that said, I can once again encourage you to address any questions or concerns regarding our other projects to that project, and know that you will be engaged with as much as we are able to within the times I stated above. 
We appreciate your continued patience and support!

The Starfinder KS is the 'First' Ninja division KS. However, I noted when I went looking for the Startfinder pre-order minis that I had to go to the SodaPop site to find them. My understanding is there is not much difference between the two companies. 

---

This is exactly the kind of red flags I steer clear of. 

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Can anyone involved with the following KS'ers confirm they are still undelivered?

Rail Raiders - Raised 339K - Due Oct 2016 (??? Shipped to US, Has not yet Shipped to ROW, they are promising soon.)

Super Dungeon Legends - Raised 1.2M - Due Dec 2016 (Just finished Pre-Production Work)

Way of the Fighter - 91K - Due July 2017 (Supposedly waiting on shipping manifests from China to be sure everythings on the water.)

Relic Knights 2.0 - Raised 338K - Due Feb 2018 (Entering Production)

That would put 4 of their 6 completed projects as not being completed yet. (Way of the fighter was started and cancelled.) It looks like Ninja all stars delivered earlier this year, even though they were due in Dec 2015. 

The Starfinder KS is the 'First' Ninja division KS. However, I noted when I went looking for the Startfinder pre-order minis that I had to go to the SodaPop site to find them. My understanding is there is not much difference between the two companies. 

---

This is exactly the kind of red flags I steer clear of. 

rail raiders partially fullfilled. Most of the US shipments will need another box because of miss packs

relic knights 2 they haven't even finished the starter set rule book. which was supposed to ship in august.

cannot confirm the rest

3 people like this

This is what they updated regarding outstanding projects.

<longest> Super Dungeon (In Development) - We have sent all of wave 1 files to the printer, and will have the final wave release test pack, the Consul's Grimiore available this friday for the community to start playing and providing feedback. All sculpting has been done for a long time. 

• Relic Knights (In Development)- Our design team is nearly through ALL testing of the new rules set. All miniatures are done, and layout has begun 
  •  Rail Raiders (Done & Delivering) - US product has shipped to backers, we have a few items we will send along to address mis-packs from the factory in these pledges. Global hubs will be receiving their product for immediate distribution next month. 
  • Way of the Fighter (Done & Delivering) - WoF is packed along with the Rail Raiders product, and will be in the same shipping waves - with expected delivery to all global hubs and backers to begin next month. The miniatures wave is fully sculpted and will start pre-production soon. 
1 person likes this

Yeah still waiting on SDE: Legends. Wave 1 promised soon, no date set, no production samples yet either. People posting they are upset to say the least about this Starfinder KS without fulfiling SDE:L yet but Soda Pop claims it is a different team/people working on this and sculpting for SDE is long done. It's not looking good for their reputation. I have faith they will fulfill but God knows when.

wow.  I wasn't aware of their track record.  that's really concerning.  not only late on preorders, but late on other kickstarters.

I love Paizo, the Starfinder game is fascinating, and Soda Pop makes some of my favorite minis.. but I don't really want to touch another Soda Pop/Ninja Division kickstarter. The trust is gone.

If this was a Reaper project I would have taken a year off of the f5 button's life span to be an early backer. 

3 people like this

Easy will save here.  No interest in StarFinder and thus any figures to do with it.  ReaperCon and Bones 4 gives me plenty better spots to place my money.

1 person likes this

Definitely interested, but ... going to have to keep an eye on it. That's a LOT of flags. :/