I love how you used bright colors instead of going dark with him. He looks like he enjoys his job! Nicely done! I need to learn NMM.

• Like 1

The Scarlet Hamsternickel pokes at midnight!

yes, yes, and very much yes. I love your freehand, your NMM and especially your color choices. What fun!

To nitpick, I think the central fleurdelis on his cape stands out a little too brightly, as though it were "on" the cape instead of part of it. This may just be the camera, but to my eye it's a bit distracting. The two corners don't have that effect.

• Like 2

I love your color scheme and the freehand! The bright colors with the figure remind me very much of cartoonish Three Musketeers. C&C? I think the red parts could use a bit more highlighting - but I realize red can be kinda a nuisance to highlight too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all your kind comments everyone. Looking back at the pictures today, I think what tickles me the most is the belt buckle and a few other spots I may revisit.

As for the red color, I didn't highlighted it so much this time as I wanted it to look a little diffenrent the red Hamster Mage outfit I painted in August. I think it look more like red leather without too much highlight.

On the other hand, I may retouch the white central freehand Fleur de Lys to lower its contrast a bit.

• Like 1

Yeah, that Fleur de Lis is almost shining....

Think you could make one that looked as if it was actually lit up?

Empowered by the Gods... It would look soo sweet on a Paladin... 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasonator
      Finally I have finished this miniature (I should call it a  mini-Mini).  The photo's will prove my point.
      Challenging is an understatement.  A Tom Meier mini that will test you in many ways, and a great
      teaching tool.  Want to learn brush control, pick this baby up.  I spent almost as much time cleaning up
      after myself as painting it up.  Once you stop rushing and enjoying it, it turns into a hoot.  I did enjoy this one.
      So enough chatter on my part.  Here is the Dwarf Warrior as I see it.
      As usual, your comments and input are greatly appreciated.

• By Jasonator
      Kathud !!!
      I finished another Dark Sword Miniature this afternoon.  I got some upsetting news, so I painted it off, intead
      of letting it bother me.  So, with that said... This is a HEAP OF FUN to paint.  I actually did it twice.  When I looked at number 1
      I liked it, but it was boring.  So I got out the paints AGAIN, and figured out another paint scheme.  I based my second set of painting
      on "Night Watch", and that is what is here.  Very complicated Sculpt to paint, and get into.  Multi level highlighting also makes the
      brush work that more complicated.  28mm is SMALL, so keep tips well pointed !  
      Do have fun, its worth it on this one.
      Comments (negative or positive) are greatly appreciated !
      Here he is:

• By Fire_Eyes
      I got a ridiculous amount of minis in the Stephanie Law Masterworks Kickstarter, and then remembered that I had no experience with mini painting... so I picked out a few to be my first victims. I'm trying with each new figure to improve, especially on blending. If anyone has any tips for getting more smooth blends, I'd be happy to hear :) Sorry for the photo quality, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my camera to take good mini pics- especially with limited light in my house.

This guy was my first ever mini. I tried to use him to figure out washes and drybrushing. I may go back and fix him because that leg bugs me.

I actually did most of this one with old nail art brushes from my job. I liked them for some of the little areas, but they were a bit too bendy for the eyes and things like that. This mini was also an exercise in repainting because I kept accidentally taking the paint off...

This is my most recent completed figure. I'm pretty proud of that fire :) Her eye paint was a total accident that I decided I liked... I have no idea if I could manage that on purpose haha. Any advice is welcome :)
    • By Jasonator
      Finally have gotten back to painting; what a joy !!! 
      Felt like a major portion of my life had gone away.
      Poor Alfyn has been sitting on my desk forlorn for over 30 days.
      I finally said enough, and here he is finished.  He is such a majestic Viking
      I wanted to get him elevated as he reminded me of my beloved Fjords.  Well here
      he is at the pinnacle of a fjord looking at his dragon boat pulled up on the shore.
      Feel free to make any comments, criticisms, they're ALL appreciated.
      So here is Alfyn Crowkiller Wilding Captain as I envisioned him.

• By 72moonglum
      So I've been working on these for a while now, but I think they are at long last finally done.  These are two new figures from Ral Partha's Chaos Wars Kickstarter, sculpted in the same size/scale as the other Tom Meier Dwarves that were being remastered.
      The first one in chain and a halberd:
      and the other one in full plate and an axe:

These made me work a lot with my non-metallic metals, and of course this is my most challenging aspect of painting until now, so hopefully it looks more or less decent. Eventually I want to paint the other two dwarven riders they put out, one of which is a dwarven chick. I really like these sculpts, sculpted by Dave Summers, who does all those great anthropomorphic Dark Sword sculpts as well.  Anyhow, enjoy!
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)