Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      The dragon king is a very majestic mini.  Like most Kingdom Death minis, he's exquisitely detailed, and simply oozes character.
      In addition, he's also large enough that it is hard to get a photograph of him that keeps everything in focus.
      I was very happy to have a chance to paint him up.  I got to do a lava face base for him (something that I'll probably do something like this on my own Dragon King when I get around to painting him up).
      But enough words:

• By ThirstyBob
      Working on the base for this guy, thought I'd put it up. Put sand down and then painted over it black, trying to make it look like a river of lava (DON'T ASK WHY THEMING-WISE, IT JUST SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME.) Still planning on messing with it, running some red and darker shades through the yellow and maybe some red cracks through the black.

• By TheOldGuard
      Hello!

Presenting Diabolus, The Devil Dragon.

I wanted this dragon to look as though it had a fiery core, I did this by starting with the lightest yellow as a base & then building up the fire colours so that the deepest parts of the dragon remained (visually) the hottest. I suppose it's the opposite of the usual way of doing things...... It was a little frustrating & counterintuitive as I couldn't really use any shading or washes. I think it turned out ok though.

The WIP for this mini can be found at http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78084-here-be-dragons-or-theoldguard-tries-to-make-a-sizable-dent-in-his-painted-bones-3-collection/

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment.

• By ThirstyBob
      Finished this guy today, detail commission. Had a bit of trouble with the lava heart but after 6 attempts or so got it looking not totally crappy.
      WIP Here

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Well,

After a long time of having only posted WIPs and being not able to finish something, here is another Show Off.

Actually she is already a bit older, but - a finished miniature is a finished miniatures ...

I painted her as some kind of a test using some new washes and trying some techniques. Came out pretty decent, I think.

The only mistake I made back then was to give her a coat of mat laquer in the end. That did some frosting (a problem that ruined the arcane spellmaster later on), but opposite to the other figures I lost using laquer, I somehow managed to save most of her. Well, one of her eyes is a bit blind and on some detail shots you can see the leftovers of the frosting.

But nevertheless - I managed to try out some techniques regarding the skin and the clothes and it somehow makes me proud.

P.S.: Yes - yes - the frosting on the base is intentional. A friend suggested that I should try a late autumn base with first pieces of snow and ice - like in "The house of flying daggers".
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)